|Item Weight||2.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 2.5 x 0.8 inches|
|Item model number||203-550|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||203-550|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.19 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Steren Cable Continuity Tester
|Price:||$13.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Clip on pocket connector
- Right angle push-on connector
- LED indicates DC shorts
- Rugged metal construction
- Requires 12v Battery (Included)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Cable Continuity Tester Pocket Toner
Top customer reviews
To use this tool, put the battery into the compartment, attach the unscrewed end to the unterminated cable end (this in the end with the tiny speaker built into the case end) . Take the ell end with the coax fitting and try it in each room outlet. When the red light lights, you have the cable with the speaker attached to the other end. At the speaker end you will hear it squeal when you hit the terminated end. It is a lot of walking up and down stairs, etc. but it is easy, though, repetitious. It is a positive test and can't be beat for the price. NOTE: Remove the battery when you are not using it / storing it.
Update: The instructions aren't very forthcoming. The way my brain works I assumed the part with the light was the part that beeped, apparently the piece on the bottom is the speaker and the transmitter just has the LED. If you leave the Speaker on one end and take the transmitter to the other, you will see the light only. If you leave the transmitter and take the speaker with you, you will hear tone only. If there is a short on the cable, test using the transmitter without the speaker, you will get the same LED light but without the speaker at the other end.
Two things to remember though -
1) Once you connect the toner (the removable end), make sure you just wiggle it a bit - I had a cable that is connected, and without "wiggle" or "nudge", the tone does not sound - but with a slight wiggle, the tone is there.
2) This does not work if somewhere in your cable connection there is a spliter (which splits one signal into two or more). Connector is okay, splitter is not. As soon as the line splits, the tone is gone. I guess there's not enough power? ... I am not expert. So just because the tone does not sound does not always mean you don't have a connection - you might have a splitter somewhere in the walls.
So far no problems. Helping out organizing the mess the last homeowner left. I have only used it in short distance no long distance toning to comment on.. So far.
I recommend and would buy again.
Most recent customer reviews
WITHIN TWO MINUTES, I MATCHED THE CORRECT CABLES FROM A TANGLED MESS OF ABOUT TWENTY CABLES.