Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Steren 3 feet 2.5mm Male To 2.5mm Male - Stereo
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on June 11, 2011
Bought for replacement for turtle beach x11 cord and works great i thought the plug was going to be massive by the look of the one in the picture but this cable is perfect i would choose it over the original cable that came with headset. :)
on August 17, 2010
I went through three Astro cables and decided to pick this up for gaming with an Astro Mixamp, I've been using it for 6+ months with no problems!
on June 20, 2011
I own the Astro A40s and the A40 mixamp, and I lost the original 2.5mm cable. A replacement shipped to me from Astro failed relatively quickly, which is common for 2.5mm cables in my experience. I bought several of these cables, expecting them to fail after a month or two of use. I'm still on the first cable and have experienced no issues whatsoever. Excellent product, even arrived the day before the predicted arrival date.
on January 30, 2013
My stock Turtle Beach headphone cord from the controller to the headphones went out and I needed a replacement. This one is perfect, works just as good and is alot cheaper than getting it directly from Turtle Beach. Highly recommended.
on July 13, 2012
My 2.5mm cable that came with my Turtle Beach had failed on me and there was no way I was going to pay Astro's or Turtle Beaches price for their cables. I quickly snagged this cable and received in within a day, the cable works flawlessly. There is no echo feedback in the signal and other people can hear my voice perfectly again on Xbox Live. If you want a cheap replacement cable to use with your headset, this is an excellent choice.

Pros:
Cheap
Seems more durable then Turtle Beach Talkback Cable
Crystal clear audio
Nice long length (3')

Cons:
Not necessarily bad, but when you move the connectors around a lot when plugged in sometimes you get a static sound in the mic.
on July 28, 2012
I bought this cable because the cable that came with my headset broke after about 6 months of use.
This cable works perfectly for Xbox Live chat.
The only reason why I rated it 4/5 stars was because the one that came with my headset originally, one side of the cable had a 90 degree right angle piece that connected to the controller, which stayed in the hole easier.
But since this cable I bought has 2 straight ends, it doesn't stay in the hole in the controller as good as if it had a right angled piece.
But anyways, I bought this cable because if you go to the manufacturers website, the cables are really expensive.
So if you want a replacement cable for your headset, Definetly get this cable!
on September 9, 2014
The reason I bought this cable was because I read other reviews stating that it worked great as a substitute for the Astro Gaming Xbox Live Chat cable. I do not necessarily agree. It seems like the cable works great with some controllers but not all. Based on my experience I think it depends on the type of controller - wireless verse wired. The cable doesn't seem to make a good connection to the port on the bottom of the controller. This causes a very annoying static noise every time the controller is moved and/or the male end rotates inside the controller plug. The side that plugs into the mixamp does not seem to be an issue and I used the cable on the 2013 Mixamp and Pre-2013 Mixamps. In sum, I cant say for sure that this issue reflects the quality of the product itself. However, if you need an Astro xbox live chat cable, I would recommend just buying it from Astro. It is only a few bucks more and it should be guaranteed to work. Hope the review helps.
on May 11, 2012
I needed a replacement mic audio cable for my Logitech F540 gaming headset because I lost my original one that came with my headsets. So I purchased these hoping for the best and they turned out to be a great replacement. The coating on the wire is pretty thick so its not easily breakable and it locks well into both my headsets and into my xbox360 controller. The only one gripe I have with it, its that I bought it a tab bit to short, so I kinda have to have the controller closer to me when I used to having the controller about 1ft 1/2 away from me when gaming. Other than that, these are a great replacement for the Logitech F540 Gaming Headsets.
on April 19, 2013
I wanted a replacement stereo cord for between my headset and xbox controller. Rather than purchasing the brand name, Turtle Beach X11 replacement cord (far more expensive), I purchased this item. It worked like a charm. The sound quality is no different than the normal cable. The coating and cable thickness is similar (if not better) to the original headset.

While I will admit the 3 feet length is not the longest distance in the world, I have had no issues during gameplay. Sometimes, I notice the length when I set down the controller or take off the headset. Would purchase again without hesitation if needed.
--------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: June 20th, 2013
Hi all,
After using my Turtle Beach headset for awhile, I began to notice a problem that some users may be experiencing. This issue may be responsible for some of the cases of background static using the Turtle Beach headset.

When I had my plug and play controller (original xbox 360 controller with a usb charger) plugged in AND the Turtle Beach headset USB plugged in, I had background static appear. My teammates could hear this static as well. Unplugging the plug and play charger (using the controller wireless) or switching to a wireless controller removed the background static from my game play (as far as I can tell, no one else has complained of hearing static over my connection anymore). This is a known issue for Turtle Beach. Additional fixes and information can be found on their website (http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830516287/). Hopefully, this might help some gamers (it sure helped me).
on August 9, 2014
These are one of those cords where I know I have one, but can never find it.

Now after moving, I suddenly have five. Crazy.

I am still using this one.
I once used it to disconnect my PC from my PC speakers, and connect it to my TV's audio. That way I could watch Youtube videos from the comfort of my bed using an HDMI out from my PC to my TV.

Now the TV (and xBox) have an app for that, so I don't do that so much anymore.

But hey, it survived being constantly unplugged and plugged in, and still works.

Cheap and (for me so far) reliable.
Maybe I got a lucky vendor.