SteriPEN Adventurer Opti UV Water Purifier
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact handheld ultraviolet light (UV) water purifier designed specifically for outdoor/expedition use. -Reusable for up to 8,000 liters.
- Destroys over 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses and protozoa, like Giardia and Cryptosporidium. -Certified by the Water Quality Association.
- Fast, safe, effective and chemical-free. Doesn't alter taste, pH, or other water properties.
- Weighs only 3.8 ounces with batteries. Measures 6.1 x 1.3 x .9 inch. Water sensor doubles as an LED flashlight.
- Includes 2 CR123 batteries, neoprene case with belt loop, and 3-year limited warranty.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|Item Dimensions||8 x 1 x 4 inches|
|Item Weight||0.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
An easy-to-tote watering can is a must for young aspiring gardeners! Kids love the fun bright colors and playful design of these compact garden tool kits. Encourage your child to take a walk around the backyard, or expand your horizons with a walk around the neighborhood and find inspiration for what you can plant in your own garden! Helps kids to develop responsibility and encourages awareness of sustainability of caregiving practices. Hape's toys stimulate children through every stage of development and help nurture and develop their natural abilities. All Hape products sold in North America meet or exceed all applicable safety standards.
SteriPEN Adventurer Opti Handheld UV Water Purifier
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti Handheld UV Water Purifier harnesses the power of ultraviolet light to make water safe to drink. This same technology is used by leading bottled water manufacturers as well as major cities in the US, Europe, and Asia to purify water.
The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti utilizes an optical eye to sense the water and project UV light to destroy 99.9% of bacteria, protozoa and viruses quickly and effectively. UV light does not alter the taste, pH, or other properties of the water, and works without the introduction of chemicals to the water. The handheld system is easy to use does not require pumping or time consuming filtration. The patent-pending technology ensures safe use and provides purification in even the coldest of waters.
The optical sensor also doubles a great backup light when camping or taking a night-time walk to refill your water bottle. The Flashlight mode is activated by pressing and holding the single button down for three seconds. The clear lamp cover focuses the LED light.
Safe and Effective Water Sterilization
Extensive testing has proven SteriPEN to be safe and effective, eliminating over 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and protozoa that cause water-borne illness. SteriPEN has earned the Water Quality Association’s Gold Seal, certifying its effectiveness.
A Lightweight, Easy to Use Purification System
The AdventurerOpti can be used with any wide-mouthed water bottled with a minimum opening of 1.75 inches. The system is battery operated and can be used with disposable or rechargeable batteries (rechargeable batteries sold separately). All together, the system weighs a scant 3.6 ounces with the batteries making it a great choice for backpacking and expedition use. The SteriPEN Adventurer comes with a neoprene carry case with a belt loop for easy packing.
- Weight: 103 grams/3.6 ounces with batteries
- Size: 15.5 by 3.3 by 2.2 centimeters / 6.1 by 1.5 by 1 inches centimeters
- Battery: Uses two CR123 batteries (included)
- Disposable Battery life: 100 treatments (16 ounces/0.5 liters)
- Rechargeable Battery life: 40 tp 50 treatments (16 ounces/0.5 liters)
- UV Lamp Life: 8,000 treatments
What's in the Box?
- SteriPEN Adventurer Opti
- Two disposable CR123 batteries
- Neoprene carry case with belt loop
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I recommend you get a water-clear bottle so it's easy to see when the UV light turns off; Nalgene makes one in the Tritan series. Tinted bottles make it hard to see whether the light is glowing or not, especially in the sun.
PROS - Simple, Works, Well Made
CONS - Hard to see the light in the daylight, non-standard battery (I carry an extra)
The SteriPEN is compact, easy to use, and the batteries last a long time. It was everything that I expected from reading the item description.