- Jewelry Buying Guides: Learn about the precious metals, gemstones, diamonds, and other materials found in Amazon’s fine jewelry—plus, find tips on jewelry care, gifting, and more that will help you shop with confidence. View the Jewelry Buying Guides.
- Feminine and flirty, this necklace features a sterling silver chain supporting a sweet butterfly pendant with colorful gemstone wings.
- Crafted in .925 sterling silver
- The natural properties and composition of mined gemstones define the unique beauty of each piece. The image may show slight differences to the actual stone in color and texture.
- Gemstones may have been treated to improve their appearance or durability and may require special care.
Up to 30% Off Diamond Rings
Today only, save on diamond rings for women - including solitaires, bands, bridal sets, and more. Select styles and sizes. Prices as marked. See more
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Meaning and Symbolism
Blue Topaz is the December birthstone. There are many emotional benefits attributed to the aqua-turquoise color stone, from calming tempers to enhancing confidence and understanding of others. Giving this gemstone as a gift is a sign of eternal love, harmony and fidelity. Blue topaz is thought to improve communication skills in both listening and sharing.
Origin and History
The name topaz is derived from the ancient Sanskrit “tapas” meaning fire, heat and passion. However, throughout history the stone had been thought to have cooling properties. Blue topaz is a silicate, one of the hardest materials known to man. There are three varieties of blue topaz: sky blue, London blue, and Swiss blue. The color variations are created by heat treating white or pale blue topaz.
Fun Facts about Blue Topaz
Blue topaz was named the official state gem of Texas in 1969 after a deposit of the stone was found in the state. The gemstone has been found in large quantities in Russia, Germany, the Czech Republic, Brazil, and Mexico as well. Blue topaz is thought to bring leadership ability to anyone who wears it, giving them increased insight and communication abilities.
Round and marquise-shaped gemstones form bright butterfly wings in this charming sterling silver pendant. The stones are held securely in prong settings and frame a silver centerpiece detailed with polished bead accents. Appointed with a split bale, this pendant slides along an 18-inch sterling silver chain that fastens in back with a spring ring clasp.
- Product Dimensions: 4.2 x 2.6 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B000MFGN68
- Item model number: 63A4GS13FW
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 19, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Amazon Collection|
|Minimum total gem weight||0.57 carats|
|Total metal weight||1.64 Grams|
|Number of stones||4|
|Stone Weight||0.37 carats|
|Metal Weight||1.64 Grams|
|Stone Weight||0.2 carats|
|Number of stones||2|
|Stone shape||Marquise shape|
|Stone Creation Method||Natural|
|Stone Treatment Method||Not treated|
Top Customer Reviews
Amazing! The necklace looked exactly as pictured here. The quality was amazing especially when factoring in the price. Why buy fake jewelry when you can get the real thing at these prices? This was purchased as a gift for a younger relative and are best suited for the younger crowd or petite.
I am at a loss over the complaints. The measurements are posted and accurate. The photo is magnified to show the detail. If you are expecting the photo to be life size you will be disappointed. Check the measurements listed for more information.