Sterling Silver Northwest Coast Native Hummingbird Wrap Ring
|Price:||$47.00 & FREE Shipping|
- The Hummingbird Silver Wrap Ring is designed by Artist Richard Krentz from the Coast Salish Nation
- In Coast Salish Culture the hummingbird traditionally represents the healer.
- This ring is hand crafted in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
- It is initialled on the back and comes with information about Richard Krentz and the Hummingbird
- The ring also comes with a beautiful jewelry box.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
All of our jewelry by Richard Krentz is handcrafted in the Comox Valley, in the same way it has been done for the last 20 years. The ring is carved with an engraver into 22 gage or 0.6 millimetre thick sterling silver. After engraving, the silver wrap ring is hand sanded and polished until it has a smooth and shiny surface. The ring is adjustable from a ring size 3 to about a ring size 7.5. The ring is between 3/16 of an inch (5 millimetres) wide at the back and 7/16 of an inch (11 millimetres) wide at the front, where it overlaps. In Coast Salish Culture the hummingbird traditionally represents the healer. It fulfills the Creator's promise that to those who suffer injury or loss all shall be restored. It reminds us that the spirit may be light as air yet it remains strong and tireless. Richard Krentz, whose name is kwátám-us in the Coast Salish language of the Sechelt Nation, is a man of two worlds: he is one of Canada's most renowned aboriginal artists; he is also a natural entrepreneur. Richard is well known for his beautiful gold and silver jewelry as well as for his wood carving skills. He has built over 20 longhouses and many totem poles. The largest of which is the tallest totem pole of the world which stands in Victoria, BC, Canada. Richard lives in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. The Pacific Northwest Coast Native Cultures like the Coast Salish, Haida, Makah and many others are famous for their beautiful designs and fine jewelry. High quality rings, bracelets, earrings and pendants made of silver and gold are highly valued all over the world. In these Native American Cultures jewelry is still used today in ceremonies and everyday life, to represent wealth and high standing. These Pacific Northwest Coast Native First Nations are situated on Vancouver Island, the West Coast and Interior of B.C., Haida Gwaii, Alaska and the Northwest Coast of the USA.
- Package Dimensions: 3.2 x 2.2 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.08 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0062TZWQ0
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 3, 2011
- Average Customer Review: