Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sterling Silver Round Amethyst Pendant Necklace
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 12, 2008
I am very pleased with this necklace. The stone is a nice deep purple and the chain seems sturdy. 8mm is big enough to make a decent pendant. I bought the 6mm stud earrings, they match great.
on August 24, 2010
I purchased this necklace based upon the picture posted. The reviews were a bonus. The necklace I received has a stone that looks pink, not like a dark deep purple. (The quality of color affects the perceived value.) I was counting on a rich purple. Yes, the chain sparkles brilliantly. It outshines the pendant. Having said that, the necklace is pretty but does not grab one's attention as the one in the photo would.
on July 17, 2009
I bought this necklace (with the matching stud earrings) as a gift for a friend. The stone is very pretty-nice, clear bright stone. However, after reading other reviews, I was expecing a very "brilliant" chain. When I opened the bag, the chain was a dark silver, not like shown in the picture and not like others had described. I'm not sure if I just got the wrong chain or what.
on December 15, 2014
The stone is not the traditional lavender/purple color of a true amethyst - instead it is definitely pink. Looks nothing like the picture. It is however a lovely sparkling stone, but definitely not an amethyst color. If you wish to buy this as a gift, it does not come boxed - rather it 's packaged in a small jewelry baggie. The chain is not bad, compared to others sold with Amazon jewelry, but it has a traditional clasp instead of the lobster closure.
Although not what I expected, I plan on keeping it because the stone almost matches my Morganite ring.
on June 2, 2009
I guess I forgot how big 8mm is when it comes to a stone. This piece is a beautiful eye-catcher! I bought it for my mom on Mother's Day and needed to stay within a budget but wanted to buy her something nice yet simple. Her birthday is in February which makes Amethyst her birthstone and she is not really a jewelry person which is why I went for something simple. It was perfect!! She can wear it with just about anything which is great for her. She was very impressed by the size as well. I don't think she would ever suspect that it was only $20.
on October 17, 2014
I bought my grandmother this necklace last year, she loves the color purple and needed a necklace, and she loves it very much. She wears it almost all the time and it looks amazing on her.

The pendant itself is lovely. It's a light purple that shines wonderfully in the light, but the chain isn't very durable. She still uses the chain, but I'm going to buy her a more durable and nicer silver chain for it. Besides the issue with the chain, I love this necklace very much and most importantly, my grandmother really loves it!

A great gift for anyone! Also a nice gift to get yourself. I highly recommend this necklace.
on April 28, 2009
It came in a small blue pouch placed in a black box. When I opened it up, I noticed right away the brilliance of the silver chain and how sturdy it looked. The chain is a little long and falls right above the V of my V-neck blouses, but it looks great so it's not a problem. The pendant is smaller than what it looks like in the picture but the stone is gorgeous nad clear. I got many compliments on it. It was also mailed quickly, which was a plus.
on October 19, 2010
Classic, beautiful necklace. The stone is clear and a lovely rich shade of purple. I bought a few of them as gifts and they look exactly the same. The chain is pretty too. I am very happy with my purchase.
on March 11, 2015
Excellent quality and quite lovely. I received this as a Christmas gift. I wear it everyday and haven't taken it off. It hasn't tarnished and is very sturdy since my 2 year old fiddles with it when she takes her naps. She's even given it a few hard tugs but it hasn't damaged it at all.
on February 1, 2013
I hate buying over priced jewelry in stores, however I have found that nice items such as this can gotten here on Amazon. I bought this as a gift for my younger sister and she loved it. The pendant and chain were good quality and the purple stone had a nice dark purple color to it.