Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Primary Stone Gem Type: garnet|Change

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 261 reviews
I hesitated to purchase these based on some of the reviews that stated these earrings were "way too big." I'm glad I didn't pass these by because now that I have them in my possession I completely disagree! I guess it's a matter of personal taste, and I like the size because they show.
These are very well made and I am quite impressed with the quality! Especially for the price!
The color is very pale and delicate much like the photo. The ball prongs around the stones and the sterling settings look high quality. The backs fit snugly and securely with no play and there are a couple of round grooves near the end of the posts to help keep the backs from falling off should they find their way to the end.

I don't mind that they came with no packaging other than a plastic bag, but obviously if you are planning on gifting them you will need to come up with a small box and cotton or something to present them well.
on September 7, 2016
I am pleasantly surprised with these earrings. They are opaque stones with many cracks, but that is common in emeralds. If you want a bright green clear stone then stick with the synthetics. For what it is these are an amazing deal. Nice addition to my collection.
on October 23, 2016
What a beautiful stone! Mine arrived with one of the posts not perfectly straight (I'm afraid to attempt to bend it back for fear I will snap it off) and a stone is loose in the setting. However, I checked that earring and it appears to be securely held in by all 4 of the prongs in its setting. So hopefully it's not going anywhere. These are so nice... and for less than $20 it's a good buy! They may even be confused with aquamarine by some. I feel the blue color could have been a bit deeper. But overall these are really nice. And WOW, they look pretty big on my ear!
on May 26, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised when I received these earrings. After reading other reviews, I was expecting almost colorless Green Amethyst. But these are a beautiful light shade of seafoam green, which is enhanced nicely by the color of your earlobe. I love the 8mm size, fun and pretty! For the price,I'm thrilled! I did want to add- the backs are useless, slid right off the earring. I just used different ones I already had. The earring itself seems well made and not "bendy" or cheap, which is more important to me than the backings.
on January 31, 2017
Perfect for every day wear. These are the type of earring I wanted for every day use!
review image
on February 27, 2011
I ordered these (8mm green amethyst in sterling silver) thinking they would either be too green or too clear.
Neither was correct.
These are beautiful, I love them, they are big in your ear but they are very stylish because they are large, the green amethyst is really like a green mist or frost, pale and perfect.
Almost exactly like the photo shows, if your curious as to the size against your ear, take a normal pencil, (number 2) and place the eraser against your lobe, the stones are a hair bigger than this.

Even though the stones are big and beautiful, they do not weigh much at all and do not drag the lobe down.

You wont be disappointed!
on December 6, 2012
Bought these for my girlfriend to match a green amethyst / white gold necklace that I bought her. These seem to be a great set. Very simple earrings, but they look nice. Wouldn't buy these for a big occasion, but they're great for a little unexpected surprise. Brownie points, men!

For those planning on giving as a gift, I had difficulty finding out more info about packaging when I was ordering so I'm putting it here. They come in a relatively cheap-looking blue cardboard earring box (pretty standard for inexpensive jewelry) but the box has stickers that are hard to peel off so don't count on giving the box with the earrings. Inside the box, however, is a pretty nice unmarked pouch which is sufficient for gift-giving.

Note that if you're looking for a vibrant stone, this isn't for you. I knew this from my last green amethyst purchase, but the green is extremely pale and actually is more clear than green. If you want something with more color, go for purple amethyst (I bought one of those also and it's great). The bright side of these green ones is they'll be versatile, but the downside is they won't be making any major statements.

This from a dude's perspective, so take it as you will!
on January 8, 2015
These stones are certainly adequately large. The color of the stones is very dark, however - it reminds me of dried or frozen blood drops. This might appeal to some, but I prefer the garnets that are lighter in color. With a January birthdate, it's hard to find garnets that aren't very dark, even though technically there are multiple garnet types. If that's what you're looking for, keep looking.

Also, the posts of the earrings are very long and the backs that secure them are very loose. The posts make holding a phone to my ear painful, and the backs leave me worried all day that my earrings are going to fall out.

All in all, for the price, not a bad buy. But I'm still considering returning them.

Edit: Returned these and got the 1 ct studs which were much better. I love them!
on November 22, 2016
I love these earrings....they look exactly as pictured. I took one star off because they droop if you use the backs that come with them. You need to use backs that a have plastic disc around them and problem solved. I have sensitive ears and have no problem with these earrings.
on August 11, 2015
I was very disappointed with this product and returned it the same day I received them. The gemstones were the most unattractive I have ever seen. They were dull and lifeless. The return process was seamless. Amazon did a fabulous job and my refund was on my bank card within 48 hours.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.