- Jewelry Buying Guides: Learn about the precious metals, gemstones, diamonds, and other materials found in Amazon’s fine jewelry—plus, find tips on jewelry care, gifting, and more that will help you shop with confidence. View the Jewelry Buying Guides.
- Tarnish Free Sterling Silver
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
About Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% fine (pure) silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Natural mined silver, called fine silver, is too soft for producing jewelry and other items, and must be combined with another strong metal so it will hold its shape year after year. Sterling silver earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets are traditionally engraved with the numbers 925, which indicates the jewelry is 92.5% fine silver.
Many times sterling silver jewelry is plated with rhodium to keep the jewelry shiny and offer tarnish resistance. Other platings include but are not limited to gold, rose gold, platinum, or black rhodium which gives a shiny gun metal finish.
What is Oxidized Silver?
Oxidized sterling silver is created through a process of controlled oxidation, where the silver is exposed to the environmental factors that cause natural tarnish. The slight tarnish is then polished to leave darkened areas in the detailing, most notably to enhance design elements of earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. The result is a lovely vintage look.
Oxidized silver requires less maintenance than high polish sterling, and further tarnish simply makes the silver more beautiful.
Sterling Silver Care
Polish silver frequently with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. Note that use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibers. For oxidized silver jewelry, you will only want to polish with a jewelry cloth to maintain the natural patina of the silver.
- Product Dimensions: 3.7 x 2 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: Thailand
- ASIN: B002TOL7KW
- Item model number: 62U0K7A00Q
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 1, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Amazon Collection|
|Metal stamp||925 Sterling|
|Total metal weight||3.7 Grams|
|Package||Classic Medium Box|
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: Well, that was a total waste of money! One rolled away, never to be seen again. I sit at a desk all day, it isn't like I was doing jumping jacks wearing these. The clasps are HORRIBLE
I tried to return them and was unable due to return period being closed. It's a shame to not be able to wear earrings that weren't cheap and that I really loved.