Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$10.99 (37%)|
- Link chain necklace featuring wishbone pendant in 14k rose gold plated sterling silver
- It's your lucky day with this wishbone pendant, whose smooth texture and familiar design offer fortune and shine
- A thoughtful jewelry gift that will be cherished for years to come
- 18" cable chain with spring ring closure
- Hand-crafted in pure .925 Sterling Silver; 14K Rose Gold plating added to enhance design and appearance
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is a combination of 92.5% fine (pure) silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper. Natural mined silver, called fine silver, is too soft for producing jewelry and other items, and must be combined with another strong metal so it will hold its shape year after year. Sterling silver earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets are traditionally engraved with the numbers 925, which indicates the jewelry is 92.5% fine silver.
Many times sterling silver jewelry is plated with rhodium to keep the jewelry shiny and offer tarnish resistance. Other platings include but are not limited to gold, rose gold, platinum, or black rhodium which gives a shiny gun metal finish.
What is Oxidized Silver?
Oxidized sterling silver is created through a process of controlled oxidation, where the silver is exposed to the environmental factors that cause natural tarnish. The slight tarnish is then polished to leave darkened areas in the detailing, most notably to enhance design elements of earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. The result is a lovely vintage look.
Oxidized silver requires less maintenance than high polish sterling, and further tarnish simply makes the silver more beautiful.
Sterling Silver Care
Polish silver frequently with a jewelry polishing cloth for best results. Note that use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibers. For oxidized silver jewelry, you will only want to polish with a jewelry cloth to maintain the natural patina of the silver.
It's your lucky day with this sterling silver wishbone pendant, whose smooth texture and familiar design offer fortune and shine.
This classic good luck symbol is set to accompany you on every journey. The wishbone pendant is crafted from smooth polished sterling silver and has a medium size and an instantly recognizable shape. It presents on an 18 inch sterling silver cable chain that threads directly through the top of the pendant and fastens in back with a spring ring clasp.
- Package Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.6 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00E1XAHVE
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: S3A40H97FW
- Date first listed on Amazon: August 30, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Amazon Collection|
|Total metal weight||1.8 Grams|
Rose Gold Plated Silver
|Metal||Rose gold plated silver|
|Metal Weight||1.8 Grams|
|Package||Classic Small Box|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A couple of things to note:
1) As others have said, the chain is very delicate. I actually prefer this type of chain, as the thicker ones tend to ensnare my hair. But the chain is not as substantial as the charm.
2) There is kind of a "right" and "wrong" side to wear the charm on. The first time I put it on you could definitely see the "made in China" stamp, which is stamped on the side but only visible if you're wearing it one way.
3) The clasp is flimsy. I wouldn't trust it to hold anything of sentimental or of actual value. After a few times wearing it, I kind of have to coax the clasp to hold on to itself. I'm assuming it will only get weaker over time.
This is nothing I'll keep and cherish for years to come, but it's definitely a good unobtrusive everyday-type necklace for now. One day I'll replace it with something sentimental or expensive.
ORIGINAL POST (Dec 2015): The chain has held up nicely to tugging children. I bought as a gift for my sister but found a different necklace and decided to keep this for myself. I'm so happy I did. This is a beautiful necklace - just the right balance of size and weight. The wishbone is about the size of a quarter and the color is a subtle rose gold. You could easily wear it with other yellow gold jewelry and it would look great. It is simple without being plain and will likely be an everyday necklace for me.
Other reviewers commented that the chain seems too thin or cheap, noting concerns it might break. While the chain is delicate, it has stood up to the test of my 9 month old's tugging. The delicate appearance is part of the appeal, when contrasted against the slightly heavier charm.
Bonus: There doesn't seem to be a front and back to the charm. The only marking is on the inside of the "bone" and it is so small I had to really look hard to find it. This is a plus for me as it's one less thing to worry about when getting ready.
Whew - I'm really glad that my girlfriend is happy with it, but I still told her we could return it & get a better one if she thought it was too skinny. She saw how thin it is and so did I. It is REALLY thin. While it may be silver, that thing is so thin, I'm sure it weighs very, very little.
So, it is a beautiful design and all, I'll give 'em that, but this is really more for a child, I'd say - specifically, a 4-7 y/o little girl her parents want to dress up for a wedding or something.
Because i like the necklace so much, I am giving Amazon one more chance to send me a necklace that can actually be worn.