Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 9, 2014
Good looking boot, the fit is about right- it was a little tight the first few days but it quickly broke in. It was very stiff also, to the point where i didnt want to bend my foot because the boot would make it sore, but it feels great now.
a few negatives:
-weird leather smell- its has a strong leather odor (not a good kind either, a cheap kind of smell). Ive had it for about a month but I can still smell it
-easy to scuff. this seems to be the norm with shiny black/brown, so its not unexpected.
-the worst part of these boots? the laces. they're coated in what almost feels like hairspray- kind of stiff and "plasticky". the lace surface doesnt grip well on itself which means they come undone a lot unless they're double tied. Also, its only been a month but theyre already fraying by the eyelets.

bottom line- great boots but get new laces.
on August 2, 2014
Loved the shoe. Fit correctly. Style was nice and dressy
8 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2014
Not too dressy and very versatile, I work at the office and visit offsite projects all the time. I'm a size 8 but after someone mentioned in the review to order one size down, just did that and indeed shoes fit perfectly. Comfortable when I broke it in the first day. It's just the shoe laces though, I have a reserve leather lace that I bought last year and replace it , voila it looks more classy! Boy I love this shoes!
2 people found this helpful
on October 15, 2014
These boots have required zero break-in time and no discomfort whatsoever. They fit well, look great and the price was very good. I would recommend these boots to anyone looking for a good-looking boot but not just the run-of-the-mill two-hole-laced chukka boot. These boots rise a little higher and give good support to the ankles.
2 people found this helpful
on November 11, 2015
Fits true to size, but stitching is coming apart after less than a year. The grommets on the lace eyes started to wear on the tongue almost immediately. They have created a number of abrasions on the leather, but you can't see them when laced up, so not a big deal. Just cheap quality and lack of quality control.
on January 26, 2015
Very nice looking shoe but, not well constructed. The heel has started to rip apart from the sole in only a couple of months. Honestly, can't say i didn't expect it. The leather is nice but very flimsy in crucial spots (the heel for example). You get what you pay for.
on October 19, 2014
The lack of open eyelets at the top and narrow ankle design make these boots very challenging to get on your feet. I was only able to squeeze my feet in these boots after loosening all of the lacing and a lot of grunting.

I would recommend looking at Clarks "Montacute Lord Boot" if you're after lace-up brogue ankle boots in this price range.
One person found this helpful
on October 31, 2015
I've had these boots for just over a year. After a few weeks, the laces frayed and had to be replaced. Now, after only wearing these one full fall and spring season the heel of one boot has torn off the sole. I didn't expect these to last forever, but I thought they'd last more than a year.
on December 27, 2015
I really liked these boots. They were comfortable and fit very well. They also look quite dressy so I appreciated that. The laces could be of better quality though. Mine frayed after about a month. The stitching at the heel also needed to be redone after two months of wearing them. I still love the boots though and still wear them. It's now been over a year.
on December 23, 2014
Nice looking boot, well crafted and sturdy. Design is good, comfort is excellent without the need to break in the shoes. Just a point that it has a pvc smell which leads me to wonder if its full leather or partial leather and pvc.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.