Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Steve Madden Men's Harken Chukka Boot
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on December 13, 2013
I picked these up during black friday and I honestly must commend the aesthetics of this beauty. I've garnered multiple compliments commending all sorts of aspects of this shoe. When I first got them, the leather was a bit shinier than depicted, but I liked it! There were some leather scars and slight discoloration spots where the shoe must have been rubbing up on the side of the box, but that was easily mended with some shoe polish and mink oil. Oh man, after the initial treatments, they looked absolutely STUNNING. I recommend you polish and condition before the first wear. Also, the stock laces are pretty flimsy. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to some dark leather laces. The shoes look wonderful with a nice pair on. In my opinion, these look better than my Clarks.

Pros:
- Gorgeous
- Low Price; Great value
- Decent insulation
- Prime applicable
- Versatile; can be dressed up just as easily as it can be dressed down
- Garners many compliments
- Decent leather and construction

Cons:
- Does not seem like it'll last me forever (what do you expect from a $40 shoe?)
- Tough heel
- Insole is not the comfiest
- Skinny through the toe (was fine for me, but look out)

Conclusion:
I'm very happy with these shoes. They're chic, versatile and built nicely. What are you waiting for? BUY THEM!
on December 8, 2014
I was excited to receive these amazing looking shoes when it arrived and unpackaged, I was greatly disappointed.
The shoe itself you can tell was USED with creases and scruffs all around the the usual areas of regular shoe uses. At first it came in a brand new looking box (making seem like everything was new) but it was completely used.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2014
Never bought shoes online, never liked it, but the purchase of this shoes surely change my mind. Read some review about it and most of them were almost the same in describing the shoe, i tried it on and it fits exactly as people reviewed it. I love it because of its stylish looks and at a reasonable price.
on December 9, 2014
This shoe is losing stitching across top of foot after just over a month. Product return policy is 30 days. I think I may be screwed. It didn't even last 6 weeks with once or twice per week wear. While I liked the look and feel and it was breaking in nicely for feel and comfort, it began to lose the stitching across the top of the foot about a week ago at all the corners. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT, unfortunately will not last.
review image review image review image review image
on January 22, 2014
I bought this shoe on a flash sale for $40, making it a great value. For the first three days or so, I had a lot of trouble breaking them in. I ruined a pair of socks--the back of the heel was very abrasive.

However, since breaking them in, they are pretty comfortable now and very good looking. A little too casual to dress up in, but they look great with jeans, chinos, etc. An awesome shoe for everyday wear. The picture is pretty true to color, so you should expect what you see.

I've had these for two months now, wearing them 4-5 days a week. I love them since I've gotten used to the feel, but I did not love them the first week or two.

Since I bought these for $40, I feel great about the purchase. I would do more research if I were to buy them full-price. While they Have one of the best colors and cuts at that price point even (in my opinion), it might be worth dropping $20 more dollars on something well-known to be comfortable. If looks are all that matters, get these. I'd choose them over Clarks desert boots any day. But if you're looking for something that feels like slippers, this isn't the pair for you.
on December 11, 2013
I bought these shoes to take it on a vacation to France and Dubai..Unfortunately the shoes lasted me 3 days in France and warped after wearing it first couple of days. I was walking 6-9 miles a day on regular streets sightseeing the streets of Paris (not hiking the Himalayas) I was disappointed and had to buy another pair in Paris to continue my vacation
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 20, 2016
This is a very comfortable semi-casual shoe (semi because of the white stitching and white line in the sole). They are a thin leather stitched up with black thread except for the already mentioned white stitching the surrounds the entire shoe. As for that white stitching, I can't quit looking at it so I suspect it will draw the attention of others. I don't anticipate that these will last me more than a season just because of my wear and tear factor and the softness of the leather. The laces are thin and waxed and did manage to stay tight with the help of my Double knot.

So I love them for their casual but nice appeal and after several days of wearing them there is less wear showing than I anticipated. Very comfortable! Fit my size perfectly.
review image
on October 28, 2013
The shoe is as advertised. The fit is just about right and it really looks good. I have already worn them on a long business trip and did notice a bit of chaffing on the left heal and some tightness in the toe area. The use of shoe trees with the back of the shoe folded in has taken care of the chaffing. I cut off the front part of the liner which took care of he toe area tightness.
on January 13, 2014
This shoes look awesome!
Pretty good quality. I wear them about everyday and I have had them 3 months.
The problem I have had with them is that they formed to my "heel heavy" walking within two weeks and hurt pretty bad to wear all day.
on May 25, 2016
These are my second pair of Steve Madden shoes, and my first pair of boots! I have received many compliments on my choice of these shoes. I usually wear these with jeans and a button up shirt at work. I love that these boots can be dressy, yet can still be very casual. I also like that these are made from real leather, and are more durable than synthetic materials. The insole on this, for a boot or even a dressy shoe, is very comfortably padded. It is not as comfortable as a pair of athletic shoes, but is comfy enough that an addon insole is not needed.

I warmed this shoe up with a hairdryer to apply a beeswax waterproofer. This really helped with the break in of the shoe. I can not comment on how uncomfortable the break in period was, but it was very short.