Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Steve Madden Men's Hasten Oxford
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

on March 9, 2014
I have purchased Steve Madden shoes before and been fairly satisfied with the results. I had been looking for a light pair of tan dress shoes to wear for work and when going out. I was extremely excited when I found these Steve Maddens Hasten Boots for then on prime for $40 dollars. They looked exactly like a pair of shoes I had on my amazon wish list that was prices at about $90. I immediately ordered a pair. When I got them I was a little disappointed to notice that instead of the smooth leather that the shoe has in the picture was not what I got. The leather came almost "distressed". There are wrinkles and creases all over the shoe. The shoe came with HUGE wrinkles across where toes are and the foot bends. I was not really happy about it but decided to just role with it. I worth them to work then after work out to dinner and then a bar where I danced in them. They were comfortable and I did receive complements on them. The next day when cleaning the shoes from the night before I noticed that the light brown part of the sole is coming apart from the dark part of the sole where the stitches are. It is only in one spot and I am sure a spot of super glue would fix this... but I have only worn the shoes for one day... it is pathetic that they can not hold up better than this. The 40 dollars was a great price but not if the sole is going to detach itself from the shoe in one month. Not happy at all.
review image review image review image review image
on August 19, 2015
Shoes came on time like usual. I was looking for a pair of reddish brown leather shoes to go with both casual-dress pants and dark jeans. I ordered the 'Cognac' color. As all the other reviews stated, they are slightly too large especially when wearing thin dress socks. Order a half size down (width is great and will still be wide enough with the half size smaller). The color came exactly as pictured. Another review (2-star rating) mentioned how the leather came distressed and had "wrinkles" in them. Mine had this as well but I almost prefer this as these are going to be worn more with chinos and dark jeans than as actual dress shoes. I also prefer this look as it gives it personality. Take this with a grain of salt as they will not be perfectly clean as the picture shows.

The pattern on the bottom of the shoe grips VERY well. Don't be afraid to wear these when there is ice or other potential slipping hazards on the ground. Shoes are quite comfortable as well. The padding at the sole makes it easy to stand for hours at a time and not have pain. Toes aren't cramped at all (could be because of the slightly larger fit).

With the price I got these for - $46 - these are a steal. I haven't run in to any problems with the top leather and darker bottom plastic portions coming apart but with a dab of superglue, it should be an easy fix. 5/5 for price, unique style, comfortability, and compliments received. Could be a 3 or 4 star rating if you want that pristine, non-wrinkly leather look for suits or slacks.
on July 24, 2015
Great looking shoe! Leather is a little stuff. Shoes size fit as expected. I am going to require a thicker sock however as I believe that it's going to be a little tougher on my feet. The grey is unique, they look great on, and I would recommend this product to others. The price I got these for were a bargain also as my size came in at $48!
on September 11, 2015
They are not the color in the picture, they are actually quite green, like when you are sick green!, hate the color wont where them untill october 31 for halloween, i will be dress as ShitMan and they might fit the custom very well. but if you like this color go ahead and buy them, they look cool, they are comfortable but green.
on September 3, 2015
5 stars, yep. Just one recommendation to all those who are considering buy this shoes, request one number more than what you really are.

In my case I'm 13 in shoe size therefore I ordered a 13 size, they fit somewhat good. I can wear them about an hour for now, I'm OK with it, the leather will expand and they will become more comfortable to wear eventually.

knowing the latter, I'm sure that a 14 would have been the perfect fit for my feet.
on November 25, 2015
These shoes are nice. When I first got them, they required some breaking in, but they have formed to my foot quite nicely. I was skeptical about the quality based on the price, but I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how they look & feel.

Pro's: look very nice for the price
Con's: occasionally leave a blister on the back of my ankle (achilles area), but if you wear them correctly this shouldn't happen often

For the price, you can't beat these
on August 1, 2014
I ended up using some footbed inserts I had in another pair of older shoes, because these can be a little stiff. But they look great, and with the insoles, I have no problem walking or standing with these all day long.
on April 28, 2014
These are awesome shoes for a great price. They are stylish and very comfortable. I wear them to work and they look great with khackis and I can also wear them with light or dark colored jeans. They are not as light and not as red as some other "cognac" shoes, they have a nice medium brown town. Very pretty! I have had them less than a week and receive lots of compliments on them. They DO fit a little bit big. I wear 11's and they are more like 11.3 (I know that sounds ridiculous). I wouldn't order a half size smaller because they fit well in width, it's only the length that seems a bit long. But that may be due to the fact that they are somewhat pointed on the front instead of squared. If you order a smaller size your toes may be cramped.
on August 31, 2014
Good looking shoes at a great price (I paid $59).
I bought the Cognac color and they look very stylish. They are also very comfortable and they fit as expected.
I'll be buying the grey color soon.
on August 13, 2014
The shoes are exactly what I was hoping to get! They're a little big, but at no fault of anyone but myself! Very comfortable, durable and stylish! Came in exceptional condition too... I would recommend the product & seller every time!