Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 265 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 301 reviews
on December 24, 2016
I've owned three pairs of candence and I have them in both black and the color that Steve Madden calls "cognac" and these are NOT those boots. These are a cheaply made fake. The "leather" is bubbled not smooth. The toe is too pointed. The sole of the boot should be wood and instead is rubber. These aren't even convincing. I'm livid, having spent $100 on these.
review image review image review image review image
on December 2, 2016
Love these boots!! I bought them 4 years ago at Von Maur and wore the life out of them. I've been searching for another pair, but could never find them. I was ecstatic to find them on Amazon! I just received them yesterday and I'm already wearing them. I can't say enough good things about these boots - great color, love the slouchy look, and they fit my wide calves!!
review image
on November 17, 2016
I love these boots. I own them in brown and black, and wear them all the time. Literally, I've been wearing one or the other at least once a week since I got them in 2013. I actually managed to lose one of my black ones (*crying*) and will be ordering a new pair. The reviewers who say that these shoes run small are right. I typically wear an 8-8.5 and I got these in a 9 and they fit well with athletic socks but a little tight with wool socks. If I'm wearing tights that day, I will put socks on over the tights to make them fit better. Nothing that will make me reduce my stars.

My only problem has been that, because I walk around a lot while wearing these (I'm a teacher), I have managed to wear the heels down to the wooden part on both pair at least once, and on my more worn black pair twice. However, I just go to a local shoe repair shop and they put a new rubber sole on the back heel for about $15 and they are good as new, possibly better because their soles have better grips than the original (not that I bought the boots for the grip quality). This is not a fault of the boot, and I just want people to know that a worn heel does not mean you need to throw out your $99 purchase...just spend a little money and you can get another year or more out of an awesome, comfortable pair of boots.
on December 1, 2016
I ordered these boots and received what I believe was a cheap knockoff version. Was very disappointed in their quality for the price I paid. I sent them back. Just be careful you receive a Steve Madden boot. Mine didn't have the workmanship I thought Steve Madden has. I later saw the same boot for cheaper on Amazon but not labeled as Steve Madden. Buyer be ware! I still would live to see what the real boot looks like but afraid to order it again.
on January 23, 2017
So happy with these boots. They fit well*, are a great warm mid-tone brown. And they are confortable.

*I have wide feet and always have to break in new leather shoes/boots by soaking them in warm water and wearing them until completely dry. This form fits them to my feet and they just get more comfortable every time I wear them.
It's the cowboy way! :-)
on December 31, 2013
I'm always afraid of how things will fit when I order online but I'm very pleased with these boots. They're soft and supple and I like the slouchy look and the low heel. I have high arches and plantar fascitis so I probably couldn't wear these all the time unless I added an insole though. There is zero arch support but even so, these are very comfortable for me - no pinching or rubbing. I actually wore these while walking around miles around Germany on the cobble stones and they were great. I usually take an 8.5 in flat shoes but I figured I'd be wearing socks so I ordered a 9 and I'm so glad I did. I think an 8.5 would've been much too tight with socks. Love these!
on December 19, 2016
BEST BOOTS EVER. I bought these in a different color 6 years ago but my Son trashed them in OCT when we were on a flight from AZ-NC and he started vomiting all over them. Felt bad for the rest of the people on the flight but worse for myself as I lost my favorite boots. Got these to replace them. So happy they still make them.
on June 13, 2013
I think when I bought these they were on sale for $75 at the time, so it was a great cheap replacement for my old tall leather boots that I completely wore through. I like the almond toe on these boots, and the gathered leather is a nice touch. I am a size 7 and 5'3" and they fit about 3-4 inches below the knee. The leather around the toe is VERY sturdy and hard and it took some time to wear that part in so that it didn't give me blisters on the sides of my toes. For the price, these are fine. However, it is very thin and cheap leather. They are not very warm for winter-time, so I would often wear thick wool socks to keep warm if I wore them in the snow. However, I don't think you can expect much more for such a cheap price for real leather boots.
on July 28, 2014
This is a flat boot so they are not super comfortable for all day on your feet. The look is cute with skirts or skinnies. They do stretch out after a bit of wear. I normally wear a 6 and ordered a 6 in these. I wear them with a thin sock, but now after numerous wears, have had to go to a thicker sock.
on January 17, 2017
I've owned two pairs of these in the past and contrary to what other reviews state, these were exactly what I expected/remember. Only difference is my old ones had a fake wood heel and these had a black one. Same comfort, same leather, same quality. Mine were shipped from Zappos so maybe it depends on which option you chose.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question