Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gl..." and save 29% off the $16.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.20 shipping
Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Insulated Food Gloves (Pair) / 12.6" Length - SR8037 - Durable and Reusable - Safely Handle Hot Food from Grill or Kitchen
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.00 (12%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Remove Hot Food Directly From The Grill
- Light And Flexible Insulated Rubber Construction
- Reuse These Gloves Again And Again
- 12.6" By 6.5" By .8" And Heat Safe To 248 F (120 C)
- For Food Handling Only And Not Intended For Hot Grills Or Other Equipment
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Insulated Food Gloves
- Gloves can withstand heat up to 248° F
- Made with insulated rubber construction
Protect your hands while handling food fresh off the grill
Food-safe grilling gloves let you interact more directly with your food than any tool can, while making cleanup easy.
Our gloves are light and flexible for dexterity and well-insulated to shield hands from the heat.
Not intended for handling hot grills or other hot cooking vessels or implements.
Steven Raichlen has been called the Shakespeare of barbecue, but the ultimate goal of his long career has been to bring the joy of live fire cooking to people across all demographics and skill levels. After all, live fire is the world’s oldest and most universal cooking method. It’s easy to see why Raichlen would dedicate his life to exploring the world of smoke and fire in more than 50 countries on 6 continents. His decades of experience have resulted in 30 books, 14 TV shows, and entry into the Barbecue Hall of Fame.
No matter who’s at the grill, no matter what’s on the menu, the Best of Barbecue line of products will bring Steven Raichlen’s expertise home with you. The explosive flavors you’ll experience are the kind of result that a true passion for grilling can bring.
Compare with similar items
Use the Best of Barbecue Insulated Rubber Gloves for getting hot foods off the grill, taking chicken off a roaster, shredding piping hot pork shoulders or handling food that’s just come out of the oven. These gloves are light and flexible for dexterity, but well insulated to shield your hands from hot meat. Easy to clean; simply hand wash the gloves with mild soap, then rinse, and hang dry. Available in one size. Grilling authority, Steven Raichlen, host of the popular cooking series Barbecue University and author of the best-selling Barbecue Bible cookbook series, partnered with The Companion Group to create versatile barbecue products such as these insulated food gloves. These gloves have proven themselves to customers for eight years and are still a big favorite. Please note: These gloves are heat safe to 248 F (120 C) and intended for handling hot food ONLY. Not intended for hot grills, hot cookware, hot oven racks or other such equipment. Please do not use to handle such items.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even before I got the grill, I knew I would need them for future purposes because this past Thanksgiving, I baked my very first turkey and while carving it, I realized that I had no insulated gloves specific to handling hot meats (especially when I carved it.) At first I thought about oven mitts, which does allow you to handle the meat without burning your hands but I realized it wouldn't be very sanitary considering all the gunk that gets on cooking mitts. The only other gloves I had were these latex gloves that you get out of the "cleaning" section of your grocery store. While it keeps your hands clean, you still 1) burn yourself and 2) don't really know if it's "safe" for handling food.
So after shopping around and finding recommendations from several BBQ forums, I decided on these gloves. While other reviewers say you can get "better", I ended up buying these and find they were worth it for the following reasons:
1) These are affordable compared to other barbecue gloves on Amazon. The $14.23 price point (as of December 2012) makes it very competitive.
2) Is actually designed to handle hot food and is insulated so it won't burn you.
3) The outside material is "rubber-like" and is designed to handle food. What this means to the buyer is that 1) it's safe to handle your food and 2) the rubber outside coating means it's WASHABLE. The majority of the gloves on Amazon were made of some type of porous cloth. Anyone who has ever had oil/juices/grease/food touch cloth knows it can get extra dirty over time if you don't wash them.
4) I know these gloves aren't "GRILL" gloves, but I've also used them as such (meaning I've touched the grates on my grill/smoker with these and it didn't seem to damage them). There is a disclaimer though, that says it's not designed for temps beyond a certain temperature (can't remember what), so if you're doing high-heat cooking, I'd advise you not to handle things that are beyond that temperature. It's listed on the box.
Overall, very happy with these as I've already used them a few times with my smoked turkeys. My next cooking project is pulled pork!
On the other hand, they certainly work for picking up food off the BBQ, like a chicken, pork butt or brisket, and they're long enough that you won't burn your wrists over the fire.
They aren't very tactile, so I'm not sure there's an advantage to having fingers rather than a traditional mitt design. This is thick rubber, so you don't really get any feedback as you would with a thinner glove, and because the glove is very loose fitting, I found it a bit hard to use if you're handling food.
Clean-up is the same as washing your hands, which I think is a good thing. Simply put some hand soap on them, and "wash your hands" and the gloves are clean and ready for the next use.
In summary, I like 'em, but after using them a couple times, wouldn't buy them again.
Most recent customer reviews
When I was comparing different products I thought I had selected the pair. Be more observant than I was.Read more