Steven Slate Drums 4.0 EX (boxed)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Imagine having 25 of the world's best sounding drumkits at your disposal.
- In SSD4 EX, you'll find Rock, Metal, Vintage, Indie, and Funk Deluxe drumkits.
- The SSD Player is extremely easy and intuitive to use.
- Includes SSD "Mix Ready" Classic Kits and Old Zep kit
- It even lets you load your own drum samples to mix in with the Slate drumkits.
Customers also shopped for
When it comes to stellar drum sounds, Steven Slate doesn't mess around. And now, you can get a bunch of absolutely killer drum kits at an insanely low price! The Steven Slate Drums 4.0 EX collection gives you 25 awesome kits from Slate's Platinum colection - including the renowned Old Zep drums. Work with unbelievable-sounding DELUXE-series kits, including Rock, Metal, Indie, Vintage, and Funk Deluxe. DELUXE series kits are sampled raw, so you can integrate super-realistic kit sounds into your mixes. You'll also love the included "Mix Ready" kits and jaw-dropping cymbal pack. As with all Slate drums, these samples were meticulously recorded on the best studio gear out there.
Top customer reviews
Installation and registration was easy and I can tell you Slate Digital's tech support is responsive and active on a plethora of various music forum,, email and facebook - helping me solve a few initial install issues immediately.
The sounds you can tell were carefully recorded, albeit ever so slightly processed. Some purists may not appreciate this, BUT it does save time and I feel the samples are better for it. I don't feel the need to reach for a gate, comp and EQ right off the bat just to get useable stems. I just authored drums for a client's upcoming EP and the engineer and producer couldn't tell it was a software kit!! (My little secret) In fact, this may be the biggest value to this library - you can recognize when an album or commercial jingle was composed using one of the maybe more successful competitors I mentioned above. In that respect, SSD 4 has become my weapon against "me too" drums. (At least until others catch on - maybe I shouldn't submit this review!)
The only improvements I could suggest:
- The included cymbals (I think all Saluda) sounded OK, but seemed to be the same for all of the included kits and were all very "glassy". Licensing concerns notwithstanding, darker, more name brand, industry standard, signature models found in a pros bag would have been welcome. (e.g. 21" Paiste Signature Dry Heavy Ride, 14" K/Z Hats, 19" HHX Xtreme Crash, Sabian Legacy ot Paiste Traditional crashes, etc.)
- When upgrading from SSD 3.5 with some of the addon packs to SSD 4, it would have been great to get upgrades of those Kontact packs as well. For example, the Deftones and ACDC kits in the the SSD 3.5 bundles are nowhere to be found on SSD 4.0 EX version and I think you have to upgrade to 4.0 Platinum for those. I haven't made that jump yet to platinum so to be fair, I'm sure it's worth it.
- Bleed control and mixing features are great but I'd love to see some more presets like their EZ competitor.
- The included grooves are useable, but it would be cool to receive frequent freebie groove updates for registered users in all kinds of genres to show some love. While the competitors are happy micro-transactioning every new little midi file or preset, this should be a cheap way to keep reminding users to fire up their Slate Digital products and download something a little new for free.
Drums samples are killer! Kick and snares are the best I've used. Cymbals are bright and articulate. Toms are ok - work sometimes but not others. Certainly not a big deal. Overall I use this more than anything these days. Slate is expanding by leaps and bounds - he makes some great products!