Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Sticks & Stones” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $7.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sticks & Stones
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
My high hopes for Cher Lloyd were satiated the moment this disc arrived in the mail (much cheaper if you order from Amazon's sister site in the UK). Cher has got a much better singing voice than Cheryl Cole and a much better taste in material - plus, the girl is one of the fiercest spit-fire rappers in the game. She matches Lady Sovereign's lyrical dexterity, and like Missy Elliott, when she wants to sing, girl can saaaaang. Her singing voice has a crisp vibrato, absolutely lovely. Sonically, this disc has all the crackle and sparkle of Britney's stellar comeback, Femme Fatale, and Nicola Roberts impressive Cinderella Eyes.
Here's a run down:
GROW UP - A monster youth empowerment anthem, her rapping skills in full force, and Busta Rhymes is in top form to match her energy and enthusiasm.
WANT U BACK - This track would fit nicely on Femme Fatale, likely future single and dance floor packer.
WITH UR LOVE - The second single - such a good mix of raps and singing - lovely - great choice to follow up the first single....
SWAGGER JAGGER - Oh My Darling, Clementine mashed with a festival sized rave hook: one of the best singles of the year and such a confident declaration to all of Cher's lovers and haters.Read more ›
Post X-Factor albums are always an interesting prospect. More a chance to establish an artist's sound and image than an actual, cohesive album, they're best judged on their own standards. And using this criteria, Cher Lloyd's debut is definitely a success. Room for growth, but a success nonetheless.
1. Grow Up - A good, extremely catchy opening. The melody in the chorus reminds me of the Toys R Us jingle, which cracks me up (and is even funnier since Lloyd samples a lot throughout this album). The cameo from Busta Rhymes is also a nice little trip back to the 90's. 8/10
2. Want U Back - If this isn't a single, Lloyd's management are crazy. From the very first listen, it's a bonafide smash. The grunting noises totally make it. 10/10
3. With Ur Love - This is the track that made me come around to Cher's music career. It's laidback, subtly addictive and very cool. it wouldn't make a bad US single, either. Mike Posner's sort of extraneous, but doesn't detract. 10/10
4. Swagger Jagger - This fits much better in the context of the album, though the choice of sample still irks me. The production is great, though. A guilty pleasure. 8/10
5. Beautiful People - The last perfect track on the album. This is a great ballad and suits Lloyd's voice very well. It works alright as a duet with Carolina Liar, but probably would have been just as effective if she sang it alone. 10/10
6. Playa Boi - This song succeeds because of its excellent sample. That being said, the original song is miles more creative. I wish she would have just done a straight cover rather than augment it with some pretty lame lyrics. Still, that chorus melody is always welcome. 9/10
7.Read more ›
Swagger Jagger is one of my favorite songs of the year, and I'm sad it didn't get more radio play in the US. This song is simply incredible - catchy, danceable, and Cher Lloyd demonstrates just how versatile she is - great rapper with an excellent singing voice.
Oath rounds the album out and is a perfectly welcome new BFF song for the teenage girl
When asked to explain Cher Lloyd, I usually compare her to Ke$ha, only with less glitter and more talent - an actual singing voice and an actual rapping voice, and the stage presence to hold her own with the big girls. Cher Lloyd is a welcome addition to the girl pop-music culture and stands alongside Karmin as one of my favorite new rap/pop combination efforts of the year. I'm very excited to see what Cher Lloyd brings us in the future - this girl has got some serious skills!
After a couple of months, she finally unleashed what would be her exquisite debut: 'Swagger Jagger'. The track oozed confidence and, fronted by a colourful image and catchy semi-hip hop beats mixed with heavy synths it definitely won my heart over and the UK's too - scoring herself a #1 smash hit on the back of it. 'With Ur Love', the album's -which was yet untitled back then- 2nd single was a creamy, pastel painted song that features US's Mike Posner, adding some extra flavour to it. Think a bump and grind background track with a carrousel tune and pulsating beats and there you have it - Cher, yet again, managed to captive the public whilts continuing her range of Top 5 hits with it. By this time, I was in complete love with that unnamed and soon to be released album. Gagging for it, her record company unleashed the rightly titled 'Sticks + Stones', addressing Cher's media criticisms and making some contrast with a playful, almost cartoony, album cover.
I remember the day I first got the album in my hands, I was excited and I didn't know what to expect besides the already released singles and found out some true pop gems in this particular listening journey. By that time, I was going to graduate from Med school, so I highly associate the bittersweet undertones of the record with that particular time of my life. I put the record in my car and 'Grow Up' came up, a sizzling semi-rap with a playful tune which is easily hummable and memorable after the very first time you hear it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This album even though it has few songs it's so great.
I truly love it.
One granddaughter wanted this...then the others...then... Let's face it. As a Grandfather, when a teenaged (or pre-teen) granddaughter asks for a particular item, and it's their... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Bill33
When I first heard of Cher Lloyd, it was when she made her U.S. TV debut on America's Got Talent, singing "Want U Back". Read morePublished 6 months ago by Music_Lover