Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on July 15, 2016
This 180-gram re-issue is, assuming you get a defect-free copy, one of the best-sounding vinyl LPs I've heard from the mid '70s era. The LP is remastered from the original analog master tapes, and although I don't have a near-mint original pressing to compare it to, it's hard to believe or imagine it could sound better than this! The sonics are warm, natural, and emerge from a totally silent background. Columbia/Sony deserves credit for doing this Simon classic justice. BTW - these comments also apply to the debut LP "Paul Simon" and the '73 follow-up, "There Goes Rhymin' Simon" as well. All three LPs boast superb remasters and sound, especially when the 40+ year age of the recordings is taken into account. When compared to the price of the "typical" audiophile vinyl re-issue, they are a relative bargain as well. Of the three LPs I ordered, one had to be returned because of a defect on one track, but the replacement was flawless.
on December 24, 2007
Ever since i can remember My Pop would share music with me...one of the greats he introduced me to was Paul Simon and the album was "Still Crazy After All these Years"...This is a must have for any 70's A.M. gold lover. It has great hits like "for your love" and the title track "Still crazy after all these years"...for me the song "My Little Town" means a lot more because it's a piece of my childhood...it reminds of a a very simple time in the my own little town. Paul Simon is a simple poet speaking from experiences of love, life and living it. He has a very original voice that is unmistakable with a lyrical style that was thought of as true 70's but has since proven to be timeless. Other classics on this album incluce "50 ways to leave your lover'..."Slip slidin' away" and "Night Game"...this is one my personal favorites from all the greats my Pop showed me thru the years...if you're new to Paul Simon this CD is a great start and if you're like me and already know how great he is...this is a great way to relive memories of a more simple, honest time..."In my little town"...
on February 5, 2017
This album has some of the best songwriting I have ever heard. Paul Simon's lyricism is unmatched. The songs range from haunting to shout style Gospel chorus, and I enjoy every single one of them. Steve Gadd's drumming on this album is iconic.
on May 29, 2017
Out of all his solo work this would have to be my favorite, Even over Graceland. It's just so raw and so simple. I love it.
on October 25, 2016
True songwriter for my generation, excellent album
on May 16, 2017
mmmmGood!
on September 2, 2013
This is one of the great American albums of all time. The singing and songwriting of Paul Simon is truly unique and the hits "Still Crazy After All These Years", "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover", "Gone At Last" and "Have a Good Time" still resonate within the soul.
on June 9, 2017
Probably Paul Simon's best album.....
on July 22, 2015
Great Paul Simon album.
on December 24, 2012
Look at that guy on the cover! All jaunty and mustachioed, wearing an awesome hat that proves that he doesn't care what you think because he's busy making the best pop music of all time. The title track and "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" are both classics, and if you disagree, you probably still hold Hootie & the Blowfish's catalogue in super high esteem.