Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 22, 2016
This book changed my life! I felt like I was spinning out of control and maybe going crazy, then a friend recommended this book to me. I have read it 3 times already and I'm getting a little more out of it each time! This book is for you if you have an obsession with the past and your mind likes to make up stories about the future. If you are looking to quiet your mind and feel good again, this book is for you. Its not an easy read, thus the many times I've already read it. But after I was done with this book, I purchased The New Earth, another book written by Tolle. Love, love, love that book. They go hand in hand. I highly recommend this book!
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon December 29, 2016
I would rate this read 6* if I could. This is the third book I have read by Eckhart Tolle. It's not the kind of book you fly through reading. Take your time with it, a few pages or a topic at a time, and give some thought to what is said. It is a powerful read and takes time to "digest". This book may help you find calm, peace, and acceptance in your life. VERY highly recommended.
on March 14, 2015
Well, I'm a huge Eckhart Tolle fan. "The Power of Now" is one of my all time favorite books. "A New Earth" is also a great book. I think this book (Stillness Speaks) is my favorite read of all of them, though. By far the easiest book of his to read. "Power of Now" and "A New Earth" are so deep they took me a long time to get through as I needed to stop, take breaks, let things sink in. "Stillness Speaks" has many "aha" moments, as anything by Tolle most likely will, but the book itself is short, the chapters are short, and the writing within the chapters is no more than a paragraph or two within each section. Very easy, powerful read. Everyone should read this book, it's great.
on May 4, 2017
I have been watching videos of Mr. Tolle for a while. I am slowly making my way through his books. Slowly so that I can savor each chapter, each concept and consider how it might apply to my life now. Focusing on Now is challenging and worth the effort for the peace it can bring. I appreciate that he refers to many different religious/spiritual texts. There is much similarity across all of them and he does a wonderful job of pointing these out. What is most important is the commonality of human experience. If you already know of Tolle, read this book.
on June 10, 2015
If you're looking for a deeper understanding to spirituality, this small book might be what will help you. Having been steeped in religious tradition for over 60 years, I can give testimony that there is another dimension beyond rules, right and wrong and the obsolete, dry halls of most churches in America. Find your true sacredness, and true worth in discovering life can be experienced beyond what the insanity of your mind is telling you. You can find peace and stillness all around you, but you have to want it bad enough to look in areas you didn't know were there. Stillness Speaks can help you with your discovery in your journey.
This book is not meant to be read in one or two or three reading sessions. It's meant to be read very slowly and mindfully. Read only a page or paragraph at a time. These spiritual Sutra's are meant to shock you into being aware of your true spiritual nature waiting to emerge.
on December 26, 2017
This is one of Eckhart Tolle books. In it he has complied his teachings in a simple way so that you can open the book at anytime to any page. Where it will give you inspiration in the moment of doubt or disperse the clouds of negativity. Its not meant to be read like a normal book. You just open to where ever you are inspired to turn and low and behold it will lifted your awareness to new heights.
on July 22, 2016
My favorite Tolle book, I've re read it multiple times. It is one of my favorite books. If you purchase this book and If you're feeling depressed, feeling sorry for yourself, worried etc go and pick up the book as fast as possible and there will be at least one line or paragraph that will help, and later if you are having the same problems go and pick up the book there will probably be something new that stick out; It has happened me multiple times.
on August 23, 2017
I love this book. It's composed of little paragraphs that I can read just before sleeping to remind me to stay in the now.
Stillness really can speak if you listen. As corny as this sounds I find it to be true after reading this book. I would highly recommend reading the Power of Now first as it lays a lot of groundwork for Stillness Speaks. I can honestly say that I do have more inner peace after reading and practicing some of the things in this collection. It's a very easy read that I highly recommend whether you are into New Age or Spiritual thinking or not.
on June 22, 2016
Another classic book from Eckhart. A lot of the teachings in this book are essentially Zen philosophies and this book gave me the initiative to attend Zen meditation sittings on a weekly basis. It also gave me the initiative to learn more about Zen Buddhism and attempt to try to practice these teachings in my everyday life.