Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

A Stirring from Salem (Days of Our Lives)
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$11.00+ $3.99 shipping

on April 26, 2014
As a Days of Our Lives fan I had to check out this book especially after reading the first book. So I was happy to get the book when I found it on sale. The story that was started in Secret in Salem continues on in this book as well as plenty of new drama. I love that one of my favorite soap opera pairings Patch and Kayla are featured in the book and she even remembered to include their song Lady in red in the story. Not wanting to give away to too much in case the first book hasn't been read but the story takes place in Africa. What is happening with Bill Horton? Is he drinking again or is there something wrong. There is also a big problem with animal poaching in the area. I felt this book did an even better job at incorporating the Days and non Days characters in the story. The price of the book might be a little high but if you were a Days or Patch and Kayla fan it is probably worth the price. You can always buy it in book form as it's also offered on Amazon.
on September 4, 2011
I LOVE this book! As many other reviewers have stated, this is a continuation of the first book by Shari Anderson. I didn't realize though it was going to start right where the previous book Secret in Salem stopped, as that book was a complete story - extremely well-written. So imagine my surprise to see that Ms. Anderson had not finished telling the story - just as we were accustomed to in Days of Our Lives' storylines, that just as the story was ending (or so we thought) that there was much more to it and it really didn't end for another year or longer.

One of the things I love about her books is the quick read, the chapters are not 50 pages long, so that if you have to put the book down, you can do it at a good stopping point - as each chapter is usually 4 pages or so long. Another fantastic quality to the books is that there aren't countless paragraphs of description, but yet you get a beautiful picture of the scenery and other pertinent information in just a few short paragraphs. I didn't yawn one time!

I won't divulge any of the story, and since it was recapped so nicely by other reviewers, I just wanted to let you know that this is a must read. Even new readers can pick this one up and read just this book, because although it's a continuation of a story, it is still a complete story in and of itself, and Sheri does a marvelous job of describing the characters so you know who they are if you are a new fan, but didn't bore us veteran fans one bit. It helped us picture the characters just as we saw them on our TV screens every day years ago.

I had one disappointment with this book - that it actually ENDED and knowing that there is only ONE more book left :( Maybe we can convince her to continue writing even after this trilogy is over.
on October 21, 2013
I really enjoyed the 1st two books and I loved reading about so many familiar characters and getting to know the new characters. Loved the location settings and spending time with Steve and Kayla at the clinic was wonderful. I was anxiously waiting the 3rd book, since I was under the impression it would have Kim and Shane in it. I hope the author and Days will consider at least putting it out on Kindle, if not paperback. I know A LOT has changed on screen since the first book was published, so much so, that the books are basically an alternate universe now.I would like to see how Charley's relationship with John and Marlena evolves. I would like to know what happens next with Charley & Brendan, as well as telling the story of Kim and Shane as only she can and maybe even give the fans her versions of Jeannie and Andrew.
on April 27, 2011
For those who are familiar with Sheri Anderson and her time as head writer on "Days of Our Lives," this is a must read! Some new readers who may be unfamiliar with the show and it's characters will also find themselves wrapped up in Anderson's quick paced and exciting storytelling. Those who have a better grasp on the history of the show may get a lot more out of the story itself, but it can easily be picked up by new and old fans alike.

In "A Stirring From Salem," the second novel in the "Salem's Secrets, Scandals and Lies" series, Anderson takes us to South Africa where we encounter many old and familiar characters from Days, as well as some new characters, some of which were introduced in her first novel, "A Secret in Salem." Much of the story revolves around Steve "Patch" Johnson and Dr. Kayla Brady, with appearances from John Black, Marlena Evans, Bill Horton, Abby Deveraux, and newly introduced characters Charlotte (aka Charley), Chase, and Jackson Gaines. Readers can also expect to see a handful of new names on the canvas.

With Anderson's incredible attention to detail and great use of imagery, you can't help but feel like you are seeing every aspect of the South African landscape through the character's eyes. On a more personal note, I could not help but see scenes from the film "Out Of Africa" in my mind the entire time I was reading. Having the character's faces as well as the mental image from the film in my mind contributed a great deal to the story itself and as a result, I could not put the book down.

The story picks up where "A Secret in Salem" left off; we continue on the journey with Charley Gaines who, after the tragic death of her parents and learning another life altering secret, is coming to terms with her new life and exploring the world of photography. Her newfound career takes her to South Africa, where she encounters some new, as well as familiar faces. Charley finds herself immersed in the world of modeling and all the high fashion, glitz, glamour, and drama that comes with it. Also in South Africa are Patch and Kayla, both of whom are working at the Tom-Ali Clinic, with the beloved Dr. Bill Horton, and raising their young son, Joe. John and Marlena are on hand to help their dear friends from Salem when a deadly secret is revealed and the clinic's future is then threatened.

In true soap opera fashion, we see our fair share of love, romance, suspense, mystery and, of course, the necessary cliff hangers. In the skillful and caring hands of Sheri Anderson, "A Stirring From Salem" does not disappoint. I look forward to reading the third installment, "A Scandal From Salem," due out this fall. Thank you, Sheri!
on July 5, 2011
I absolutely loved this book!! I had already read the 1st one so I was anxious to see what was going to happen in the second one. Since John and Marlena are no longer on our screens (NOT FOR LONG!!) I was glad to be able to read about them. Having Patch and Kayla, Bill Horton and several new characters also in the book, made it feel like a soap opera, which is exactly what is intended to be. I would recommend this book to you if you are Days fans, miss the core of Days of our Lives, or if you are just wanting a good read full of passion and suspense. I loved it! :)
on November 10, 2016
Good read.
on April 23, 2014
Good book if you are a fan of Days of Our lives
It links it to very excellent characters that a fan sees on the
series of the past
would make excellent storyline on the show
on October 21, 2014
Absolutely loved this books. Being a Days watcher for years, it took me behind the scenes to tell what was going on with the Salem folks while they were in other countries. I'd love to read a version of what's going on with Bo Brady.
on August 24, 2016
Great Book for all days of our lives fans!
on August 9, 2011
Love love love this book....this writer. The only thing I wish is that the books were longer!! It seems once I start reading I can't put them down. Loved the first one too!! Waiting patiently for the third. Thank you Sheri, I'm a huge "Days" fan and enjoy your writing.