- File Size: 4522 KB
- Print Length: 264 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0994239173
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Finesse Solutions (October 18, 2016)
- Publication Date: October 18, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M117UO1
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,260 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $10.00 (91%)
Stolen Magic (Shadows of the Immortals Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 264 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.47 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The book itself is predictable but fun, which is all I ever ask of urban fantasy. My one complaint is that it ends on a cliffhanger (?!?!) and book 2 isn't even available for pre-order yet. I typically don't read cliffhanger series unless they're complete, so I was caught off guard with this one. It's still a pretty good book, though.
Though there are some interesting concepts (tropes collide with shapers, shifters, gods, and vampires) it was REALLY tough for me to get past Chapter 5. Lexi and her friend Sylvia are in hiding since they snubbed a powerful shaper's (Anders) request to steal a ring. His response? Burn down their apartment block which probably killed a few of their friends and neighbors. Sylvia, a shifter, is so distraught over this she has not shifted from her cat form for months.
The beginning of the book picks up with Lexi stealing something from the Mayor to stick it to him for firing her pregnant neighbor. At first, I thought this was cool since pregnant women often find themselves on the wrong end of a firing because of stigma, however, it's not long that I began to realize that making rash, dangerous decisions is just part of Lexi's character and it becomes quite frustrating at times considering she's putting her VERY traumatized best friend Sylvia in danger. She doesn't mention her plans to her friend even though it is very possible it will (and does) allow Anders to find them.
When Lexi meets Jake Steele, the love interest and a very powerful fire shaper who works with Anders, he threatens her with fire FOR NO APPARENT REASON. Can we say triggered? Abusive? Annoying as all hell? It's so frustrating to read about another female protagonist willing to overlook threats of bodily harm from a sexy, "his cheek bones can cut you" dude because her attraction to him is so intense. Considering the damage fire has done to Lexi, her best friend, and previous life you'd think a strong, stubborn woman would be a little more upset with these tactics and say something to him about his behavior. In fact, it takes another male character to vouch for her for Jake to stop being such a douche.
And Jake! He is so frustrating and not at all hot. When Lexi has just saved two boys, she has a few too many celebratory drinks and he basically forces her to let him walk her home. In fact, Jake doesn't seem to be able to take "no, stop coming onto me" seriously. He just ignores her "I'm not interested" responses. He flip flops so much between flirting and threatening it was honestly disturbing.
While this book may be a quick, sometimes entertaining read there were too many character development and plot holes for it to work.
Now with that part out of the way let's take a look at the actual content more closely. The world, story and characters are actually quite interesting. Bonus points for having a deeply flawed main female protagonist. If you want to identify with her you are out of luck. Unless you identify with an impulsive aggressive thief who casually murders animals she magically controls of course. The heist planning as they say is in another story.
Overall on content alone: 4 stars, but I am no expert of Romance fiction so take it with a grain of salt.
PSA: If you are a PETA activist consider this book a 1 star entry title "Animal Cruelty Simulator" (Not sure exactly how many animals died while making this plot but probably in the double digits range)
I loved the characters, and read the book from start to finish in one sitting – I couldn't put it down. The only problem with that is I now have to wait for the next book in the series!
I'm now look forward to book two, Murdered Gods,which I just acquired. Happy reading!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Mythology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban