Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,294 reviews
on July 16, 2016
The stomp rocket comes with the launcher and four rockets; this is the junior version--the box is approximately 12"--easy to transport in the car etc. Basically the (foam) rocket is placed on the launcher and then the air pad is stomped/jumped on. The launcher can be placed at different angels (straight up to 90 degrees). Great grandpa said he'd give the kids $1 each if they got the rocket into the bucket. They were very creative. The five year old figured out how to get all rockets on the roof of the house so you may want to have a discussion about that ahead of time:) The rockets are glow in the dark which would be a blast as well--we did not try it in the dark. The rocket will be coming with us regularly.

Kids (and adults) love it. Kept 3.5 and 5.5 year old busy for over an hour straight and went back to it again after a rest. Some stomp rockets are too difficult to jump on which means the rocket won't "take off" or go far if it does. The little one was able to get it about 20 feet in the air and older got it on top of the house! When the adults couldn't wait any longer for their turn, the rockets went taller than huge trees--100s of feet in the air.

The only negative (other than going on the roof to reclaim the rockets) The launcher itself is a bit cheap and/or has a design flaw. It kept falling apart when the kids would "stomp" on the launch pad or put the rocket onto the launching area. A bit of duct tape solved that problem but believe the manufacturer should solve that problem instead! I still recommend it b/c it works so well that a little tape is worth it. If you don't tape it, the cross piece at the bottom that holds up the item just will need to be put back together which doesn't take long--more frustrating than anything.
on May 2, 2017
This was a BIG hit! We got this for my 5 year old nephew's birthday. He needed help for the first few times, but then he could do it himself. They played with it for hours in their big backyard. I can't speak as much to the glowing factor, it's very light. But we did it at dust, most young kids don't stay up til dark playing outside anymore. So, the glow feature to me, was not neccessary. We will be giving these to many friends for the birthdays in the future! Wish they were priced lower. I paid 14 ish, I think a more fa0ri price would be 9.
on March 30, 2017
What could be better than rockets shooting into the air for young boys? And our girls try not to act excited at first but they love it too. This gets rave reviews from my kids every time we use it. We don't put the stand on because it keeps falling apart. We use just the hose and air bag. We bought extra rockets since somebody always tries to stomp the bag harder and higher than others and forget to aim it straight up so the rockets sometimes end up on roofs and in fields. Easier to grab some extra rockets to stomp before heading off to search for the lost ones.
on April 22, 2017
So much fun! The kids LOVE this and it provides a lot of entertainment! Even our 2.5 yr old has it figured out and enjoys shooting rockets all over the house and the park. Word of warning - stay away from trees. These delightful rockets are lightweight and once they're in a tree... good luck? We've only lost one, but it was sad. The stand is kind of hard to keep together, but I think using some tape to keep it together during a round of rockets would work OK.
on December 31, 2015
We bought this for our 3 year old last Christmas (2014) and everyone in the family loved it. It is a simple but effective and fun design. It is a lot of fun to play with indoors (if you are feeling adventurous or have young kids who don't slam too hard on the pump) and outdoors. Outside you can get these rockets to go at least 40 feet in the air I would say. The stand is a little flimsy, but with some weight to support it, it does the job.

If you have older children that will be responsible with this toy you could probably make it last a while, but with our children the excitement got to them and within a month or two the launcher stand was broken and some of the fins of the rockets were broken off.

It was still a fun toy to hold the hose and aim it while someone jumped on the pump, but eventually (within 4-5 months) this toy just boiled down to the pump and hose. All rockets destroyed or lost.

We did get our money's worth out of this toy though and I would recommend as a present for any young child.
on June 12, 2017
We loved launching these rockets, for the 10 minutes that everything stayed together. The base is three flimsy pieces of plastic that barely can hold together, use some packing tape and you can at least stick everything down to a hard surface. Otherwise the pieces continually fall apart, not to mention the launcher constantly tips over.

Bigger issue is with the rocket fins. The set we purchased must have had defective glue or something because none of the fins stayed on through even a single launch. One rocket had the fins fall off immediately. Again the tape helped out a bit since I was able to painstakingly tape back on a few fins which made the rockets fly way better. Without them though the kids still had fun but these were more like out of control missiles that would go in any unknown direction than they were rockets to launch up.

Even the 2 year old were wondering why this wasn't working!
on November 29, 2015
I bought this as a birthday present for my 3 year old who loves rockets, but is a little too young yet for a model rocket. He really enjoys this toy. It is easy to put together and easy to use. You stick the foam rocket on the plastic pipe that is attached to a short plastic hose. At the end of the hose is a "pillow" like object that you stomp on to send he rocket shooting into the air. I was very impressed with how high this rocket goes (50+ feet) with a simple stomp. My son was thrilled.
The rockets are nerf and are very kid friendly! The fly very high, but come down very soft. Which was great when one of them came down on my head (LOL) and didn't hurt a bit!
The only thing that disappointed me a little was the way the hose was attached to the stand. it is attached with a wing nut, which does not hold it very tight to the stand. So after each stomp you have to reposition the tube so that it points straight up again. That being said, I would absolutely buy this again!
on August 17, 2015
Everybody loves these things -- the kids, the grownups. They are just plain fun. Kids as young as maybe 4, definitely 5, can stomp the launcher effectively. They make great gifts even if you don't know the giftee very well, because who doesn't like to make things fly by stomping? And I can tell you from experience that the box fits perfectly into a large gift bag with room to spare for some tissue paper sticking out all festive and stuff. But get a set or two for yourself, too.

As others have written, the stand is the weak point; it falls apart easily and the pieces tend to get lost. But we find the set is just as much fun without the stand entirely, just hand-held. If you like the stand, it's easy to MacGyver it so it stays together better -- I recommend zip ties.

You are highly likely to want a pack of refill rockets because the things get lost: stuck in trees, on roofs, beyond fences, etc. -- they often fly a lot farther than you think they will, and they're also light enough to get windblown somewhere new. They're more durable than you'd think, since they're made of a lightweight foam, but tend to fail eventually either by getting stepped on and bent (they won't fly straight then) or by losing fins (then they can still fly, just not as well). It's also helpful just to have extras so you don't have to "reload" as often (that is, go gather up the ones you've launched).

If you get two sets, it's nice to know that the rockets are a good soft foam that won't hurt anyone if aimed at people in any sort of battle, though of course we'd never do that. We only aim them *away* from people, don't we? The rockets are too soft to hurt windows and the like, too.
on July 29, 2015
I ordered this hoping for an outdoor toy that would keep the whole family entertained. It didn't just win over our family, but the entire neighborhood.

The stomp rocket comes with a base, stomp-pump and 4 'rockets'. The base comes in 3 pieces which need to be assembled. No tools are required and instructions are on the outside of the package. The part of the toy that gets stomped on has a tube that attaches to the vertical part of the base with a wing nut and screw. The picture directions were easy to follow, and it only took a minute to assemble the entire thing.

We set the launcher up in the middle of our cul-de-sac and within two minutes it had the attention of the entire neighborhood. Set-up and use is quick and easy - drop a rocket on the launcher and stomp. The rockets shoot up quite high which is fun to watch, and the kids had fun trying to run and meet the rocket at its landing. With 4 rockets in the package, there was plenty of time for kids to retrieved launched rockets and get them back to the launcher before they were needed for the next kid's turn.

It is easy enough to use that my 2 year old can launch a rocket reasonably high with no help, and fun enough that my husband and I were fighting off the neighborhood 'big kids' so that we could have a turn too.

We are so pleased to have an outdoor activity that is fun, encourages activity and can bring together the whole neighborhood - all without batteries!
on July 3, 2016
Awesome for my 6 year old grandson! He's an only child and this is something he can do without being lonely.

Would Recommend to a friend? Yes
Conclusion: Excellent choice!
I received this product at FULL PRICE. NO discount has influenced or impacted my judgment of this product. I take this seriously and my opinion and experience is my own, which I share AFTER I have tried the product and given ample time to see results and side effects. I am in no way required by the seller to leave positive remarks about their product. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
***Don’t rely on the Amazon star system alone, pay attention to WHY a person either liked or disliked a product. Many products can be used differently from the way the product was intended for. The way you intend to use the product or what you need to accomplish may not be what the person reviewing it used and rated it for.***

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.