Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,997 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,181 reviews
on September 23, 2010
Bought this for nephew's 4th birthday. Was not even the main gift.....but all else was forgotten once this was put together (easily). His parents report that it has not lost its appeal weeks later and it is tough to get him to leave it it when it is time.
A lot of fun for all to stomp on and see how high it goes! Description is accurate, though I did not see if it glowed or not. Doesn't matter. 5 stars!
review image review image
on May 28, 2007
I bought this rocket toy for my 4-year old son. It took me 1 minute to set it up in a park. My son was able to launch the rocket into the sky immediately. Within several minutes, the toy attracted a dozen kids in the park. They lined up to get a chance to play. All kids love it (ranging from 3-8 years old). They played for more than an hour. At the end, several parents approached me and asked where I have bought them. I told them they can get it from Amazon.com.
0Comment| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2011
My 4 year old son loves this toy. My nephew loves it. For my niece its cool for a few jumps and then she is ready to go make mud pies. I think this toy is great, except that we really don't have a good place to play with it. Our house is small... and this toy really needs one of those big McHouses with high ceilings if you want to play with it inside. Even though my son thinks its hilarious that the rocket (all foam) hits the ceiling and bounces off to some unknown place in the house, its a bit nerve wracking for me. So we take it outside. But our back yard has some trees -- not a forest, but just a maple, a Japanese maple, and some spruce trees in the flatter area of the back lawn... and we really need a bigger open space to play with this toy. These trees are not super tall, so when the rocket shoots up, sometimes its hard to see where it went (though most of the time it just goes straight up and straight back down). The kids don't seem to care, they just laugh and squeal, but I am worried the rockets will be lost, so I inevitably bring it back inside, thinking that the kids really need to be older to take care of it. Also, if the Stomp Rocket is brought out, I know I will be needed to help put the stand back together over and over. It is a flimsy stand, and though it seems to lock together well, somehow it keeps being knocked or bumped and falls apart again. The stand falls over easily, too. It just doesn't weigh enough. Again, the kids don't care, but it is a bother.

And a word about durability. My nephew is the rough one, and within minutes of my putting this toy and its rockets outside for the kids to play with, he had ripped all the fins off the foam rockets "to make them faster". I could not think of any glue that could be used on those materials (though maybe I am just not thinking hard enough), so we bought another set. So if your child is one of those take-it-apart-to-see-how-it-works kinds, I am betting the fins will be off in minutes for you, too. That said, I think the rockets will shoot perfectly well without fins... its not like they fly far anyhow, since they weigh virtually nothing.

So in conclusion, the boys love this thing. I am mot so enthusiastic about it. Maybe I will bring it back out tomorrow and just leave them with it outside, and see what happens. Maybe the rockets won't be stripped of fins and and shot into the trees. We'll see.
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2009
First a description of the Junior Stomp Rocket. Kit comes with a plastic rectangular "stomp pad" connected to a flexible tube. The end of the tube connects to one of the foam rockets (4 are includeded in the kit). There is a small plastic stand that you can put together to use as a launch base. Snap the plastic tube onto the base and stomp on the pad. Air is shot through the tube and propels the foam rocket up into the air. The Junior Stomp Rocket advertises that rockets will soar as high as 100 feet. The Product lists age range as 3-8 years.

The only real difference I found with the Ultra Stomp Rocket is that the foam rockets are a little larger. Other than that, the equipment is exactly the same. The Ultra Stomp Rocket advertises that rockets will soar as high as 200 feet (maybe because they are bigger and shaped slightly differently). The product lists age range as 8-12 years.

Both products list for a similar price. Refill Rockets for both the Junior and Ultra models come in varying colors and sell (at least on Amazon) for under $10.

Whether you buy the Junior Stomp Rocket (listed here) or it's sister product Ultra Stomp Rocket, you will be getting a fantastic toy! This toy is so simple - no assembly required, no batteries, just easy to use and loads of fun!

I first purchased the Junior Stomp Rocket for my 4 year old for christmas. He LOVED it! We had just had a snow storm, so we were delayed in taking the kit outside for a few days, but my son quickly modified the toy so that he holds the stomp pad under his arm and points the rocket and shoots the missiles around the house. Because the rockets are foam, they do not do any damage to walls, furniture, (or mom and dad, thankfully). Once we were able to take it outside, my son literally played with this toy for hours adjusting the direction, and playing around with how hard you need to stomp to get the rocket to go really high. What a great toy!

I just purchased the Ultra Stomp Rocket for a birthday party my son attended. The gift was a big hit there too! There was no difference in skill required between the Junior and Ultra models.

I would recommend either the Junior or Ultra Stomp Rockets. I see no reason why the Ultra version is rated such a higher age range. The only thing I found in favor of the junior version was the glow in the dark refill rockets. Junior Stomp Rocket Toy Glow in the Dark Refills. For some reason, the glow in the dark refills only come in the "junior" size.
1010 comments| 734 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2012
Perfect toy for young children. They love stomping (or more frequently jumping on it) and shooting the rocket. The rocket doesn't break anything but does get some good velocity.

Durability? Well, the three-pronged stand that holds the end of the tube that fires the rocket is awkwardly designed and generally not used. My kids typically hold the tube itself and point it at something while stomping. They wish the tube was longer. The pieces come apart and get lost long before anything breaks.

My younger one does like to chew on the rockets. I can't fault the toy for that.

Great fun. They don't play with it very frequently, but when they do, they love it.
on December 6, 2016
This toy was the hit of the party for a three year old!!! I purchased this as a gift for my nephew, but the whole family took turns stomping on the air bag. These rockets get up pretty high with little weight, so even a three year old can make them get some air. The nice thing about this is that there is little to no set up and NO batteries!!!
This was a birthday gift for our 4-year-old grandson and was a HUGE hit. His little family came over the next day and brought some of his birthday toys so we could play with them with him and he, his 2 1/2-year old little sis, mom, dad, and pop-pop were all having a blast with this. It goes surprisingly high, but not so high that it gets lost easily. It worked perfectly here in our yard and we only lost one rocket to the roof (but the wind blew it down the next day). I would say, if you are looking for the perfect birthday gift, this could very well be it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 28, 2013
They love it! They use it! It was very reasonably priced. I needed a gift for two siblings( boy and girl) but didn't want to spend a fortune for something that would get tossed into the toy box in a week and essentially forgotten.
They play with their neighbor friends with it and since we've had such a mild winter they are using it a lot.
on October 21, 2016
My 3 year old had hours of fun with this simple toy. This perfect for 3 to 5 year olds. My only gripe is that the base needs a better fastening method, it kept coming undone until I used some rubber bands to hold it together.
review image
on April 11, 2014
incredibly simple and amazing. Just be aware that they do fly high and away, so unless you're in an open area with lots of space don't hit it too hard or you'll start loosing the rockets in no time. There are replacement rockets too, another plus.