Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 9, 2017
Wonderful toy. Once the initial set up is done, even a three year old can do everything necessary to keep themselves entertained for a long time (though some more timid kids might take a bit to realize they have to really STOMP). Jump as hard as you can. Watch the rocket fly up, up, up (it is really amazing how far up these things can go, even when a small child is doing the jumping. Of course an adult can make them go even higher). Run to retrieve your rocket (when it comes to kids, the more running, the better). Repeat. We often bring ours to the park and all the kids want to play. Inexpensive enough to buy more than one too, especially when they go on sale which makes it a perfect gift to give to all the birthday kids (all the parties and all the gifts can get very expensive!). I often buy two or three when it's on sale for just this purpose.

Knocked off one star because the stand is flimsy.
on January 6, 2018
The stomp rocket was a Christmas gift for my almost 5 year old. It has been a huge hit for both her and my almost 2 year old. My oldest is able to load and shoot it all by herself. My youngest can almost load it herself and can shoot it after some help with how hard to stomp. We have been able to learn that the harder you stomp, the farther it goes. We also have learned that whatever direction you point it, that's where it will go....even on the roof. The rockets are foam and with supervision you can do it in the house because they're soft enough not to ding your ceiling. It is a little difficult to slide the stand together because of a plastic part that sticks out, but it can be done and gets easier, somewhat, each time you do it. Overall a huge win!
on April 22, 2017
So much fun! The kids LOVE this and it provides a lot of entertainment! Even our 2.5 yr old has it figured out and enjoys shooting rockets all over the house and the park. Word of warning - stay away from trees. These delightful rockets are lightweight and once they're in a tree... good luck? We've only lost one, but it was sad. The stand is kind of hard to keep together, but I think using some tape to keep it together during a round of rockets would work OK.
on August 17, 2015
Everybody loves these things -- the kids, the grownups. They are just plain fun. Kids as young as maybe 4, definitely 5, can stomp the launcher effectively. They make great gifts even if you don't know the giftee very well, because who doesn't like to make things fly by stomping? And I can tell you from experience that the box fits perfectly into a large gift bag with room to spare for some tissue paper sticking out all festive and stuff. But get a set or two for yourself, too.

As others have written, the stand is the weak point; it falls apart easily and the pieces tend to get lost. But we find the set is just as much fun without the stand entirely, just hand-held. If you like the stand, it's easy to MacGyver it so it stays together better -- I recommend zip ties.

You are highly likely to want a pack of refill rockets because the things get lost: stuck in trees, on roofs, beyond fences, etc. -- they often fly a lot farther than you think they will, and they're also light enough to get windblown somewhere new. They're more durable than you'd think, since they're made of a lightweight foam, but tend to fail eventually either by getting stepped on and bent (they won't fly straight then) or by losing fins (then they can still fly, just not as well). It's also helpful just to have extras so you don't have to "reload" as often (that is, go gather up the ones you've launched).

If you get two sets, it's nice to know that the rockets are a good soft foam that won't hurt anyone if aimed at people in any sort of battle, though of course we'd never do that. We only aim them *away* from people, don't we? The rockets are too soft to hurt windows and the like, too.
on July 29, 2015
I ordered this hoping for an outdoor toy that would keep the whole family entertained. It didn't just win over our family, but the entire neighborhood.

The stomp rocket comes with a base, stomp-pump and 4 'rockets'. The base comes in 3 pieces which need to be assembled. No tools are required and instructions are on the outside of the package. The part of the toy that gets stomped on has a tube that attaches to the vertical part of the base with a wing nut and screw. The picture directions were easy to follow, and it only took a minute to assemble the entire thing.

We set the launcher up in the middle of our cul-de-sac and within two minutes it had the attention of the entire neighborhood. Set-up and use is quick and easy - drop a rocket on the launcher and stomp. The rockets shoot up quite high which is fun to watch, and the kids had fun trying to run and meet the rocket at its landing. With 4 rockets in the package, there was plenty of time for kids to retrieved launched rockets and get them back to the launcher before they were needed for the next kid's turn.

It is easy enough to use that my 2 year old can launch a rocket reasonably high with no help, and fun enough that my husband and I were fighting off the neighborhood 'big kids' so that we could have a turn too.

We are so pleased to have an outdoor activity that is fun, encourages activity and can bring together the whole neighborhood - all without batteries!
on November 29, 2015
I bought this as a birthday present for my 3 year old who loves rockets, but is a little too young yet for a model rocket. He really enjoys this toy. It is easy to put together and easy to use. You stick the foam rocket on the plastic pipe that is attached to a short plastic hose. At the end of the hose is a "pillow" like object that you stomp on to send he rocket shooting into the air. I was very impressed with how high this rocket goes (50+ feet) with a simple stomp. My son was thrilled.
The rockets are nerf and are very kid friendly! The fly very high, but come down very soft. Which was great when one of them came down on my head (LOL) and didn't hurt a bit!
The only thing that disappointed me a little was the way the hose was attached to the stand. it is attached with a wing nut, which does not hold it very tight to the stand. So after each stomp you have to reposition the tube so that it points straight up again. That being said, I would absolutely buy this again!
We use this with my 17 month old in the park, have her chase the rockets in the grass, she loves it. It is a cheap toy that will last for awhile now that I have put duct tape on it. It was flimsy when you slide it together and wouldn't stay together on our home floor, so I taped it and it works for us but if you need to pack it down flat then taping it isnt an option
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on December 30, 2017
Bought these for my toddlers, who love to shoot big brothers Nerf guns (have trouble pulling the trigger and 2 year old almost took out an eye). These are a semi-good replacement. The newly turned two year has enough stomp power to shoot the rocket off after a couple of tries. The only issue is the X "base" that holds the rocket up keeps coming apart. Other than that, it's all good !
on November 11, 2015
This gave my 5 year old nephew HOURS of entertainment. Very easy for him use and play with by himself. Quite honestly the fun is playing along with him to see who can get their rocket to go higher! What I love love love about this set is it also comes with 3 glow in the dark rockets so you can play with it at night.

His 2 year old sister also finds these entertaining but they do not hold her interest for long when it comes to launching the rockets. She has more fun chasing after the rockets as they come down, but she is still able to step on the launcher and get them to go with a little help.

Soft foam rockets also allow for play inside and not cause any damage, BUT the rockets will obviously not go as high inside, so outside play is the optimal way to go for greatest enjoyment. Overall great toy for the value!
on December 15, 2013
What it is: the stomp rocket base, tube+stomp pad mechanism, and four foam rockets.

Pro:
*This is a really fun toy. My kid (who is four years old) finds it A++ awesome, and easy to use. Once an adult has done the minimal assembly required, it's easy for even a very little kid to operate.
*I appreciate that the rockets are foam. As long as an adult is keeping an eye on things, it would be tough for a kid to injure him/herself or a playmate with this.

Cons:
*The build quality is not good. My primary gripe is that the plastic tripod that forms the base of the launch tube instantly falls apart upon use. We wrapped ours in packing tape to keep it together, and that works okay. Even so, the quality is so mediocre you should probably think of this as a semi-disposable toy, not something your child will use for years.
*This isn't the fault of the manufacturer, of course, but it is very, very, very easy to lose the rockets, even if you're doing it in a relatively open space. So keep in mind, as you're looking at this item, that your child will also require rocket "refills" down the line.

The bottom line:
Even though the quality is not great and it's easy to lose the rockets, I still think this toy is worth it. It's affordable, and it is REALLY fun for both parents and kids to use. You'll just have to keep in mind that if your kid really ends up loving his/her Stomp Rocket, it's the kind of toy you'll probably have to repurchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.