Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 6, 2018
The stomp rocket was a Christmas gift for my almost 5 year old. It has been a huge hit for both her and my almost 2 year old. My oldest is able to load and shoot it all by herself. My youngest can almost load it herself and can shoot it after some help with how hard to stomp. We have been able to learn that the harder you stomp, the farther it goes. We also have learned that whatever direction you point it, that's where it will go....even on the roof. The rockets are foam and with supervision you can do it in the house because they're soft enough not to ding your ceiling. It is a little difficult to slide the stand together because of a plastic part that sticks out, but it can be done and gets easier, somewhat, each time you do it. Overall a huge win!
on December 30, 2017
Bought these for my toddlers, who love to shoot big brothers Nerf guns (have trouble pulling the trigger and 2 year old almost took out an eye). These are a semi-good replacement. The newly turned two year has enough stomp power to shoot the rocket off after a couple of tries. The only issue is the X "base" that holds the rocket up keeps coming apart. Other than that, it's all good !
on September 7, 2012
I've already purchased two of these for 4 and 5 year olds. Wow, what fun this toy is!! Totally kid driven and builds coordination skills. All you do is attach one of the rockets on the end of a tube, and stomp on the air pillow provided in the toy assembly. The rocket shoots up in the air up to 100 feet depending on how hard you stomp. Trust me, a 4 or 5 year old can get the rocket amazingly high. I have not tried it at night yet but I can't wait since the rockets glow in the dark. This will really entertain your kids and even adults. Don't hesitate, go ahead and buy!
This is really a neat toy that many children can enjoy at different ages. And, adults have fun watching the children have so much fun & once in awhile jump in to see if they can stomp a rocket too - LOL.

We've used it about 5 times over the last 2 weeks & it has held up well. There was a 13 year old, a 10 year old & a 2 year old. The older one's stomped on the rocket while the youngest loved watching the rockets launch into the sky. They then would run & find the rockets & bring them back to the older children to do it again. It was fun for all of them & nice that it was something they could do together.

The age range is for older kids, but little one's can join in too w/ help & supervision. However, I do want to point out that supervision for the younger one's is very important. The foam of the rockets is basically styrofoam & if bitten off could be very unsafe. Don't let little one's around this by themselves. Safety is top priority.

Overall rating is lots of fun for children (and adults - smile) of all ages, but if smaller children are around adult supervision is needed so they don't get the rocket in their mouths.

This comes w/ 4 rockets, but if you have a lot of trees I suggest ordering some extras. What goes up doesn't always come down if you have a lot of trees for them to get stuck in.

OH! The fact that they glow is super cool! They do indeed glow & if you have them inside at night they are lit up. Just wanted to point out they do glow & very well.
on September 22, 2014
Toy was a huge hit with the 3-year old crowd as well as adults. Once shown how to operate, the kids could easily operate this toy completely on their own. Rockets are soft enough to be safe such that if they hit anyone or anything, no damage occurs. On a rainy day, kids even used it inside in the basement. Rockets also seem fairly durable, holding up to the kids jamming them on the air tube, bending them completely in half, and stepping on them. Only criticism is the design of the stand which holds the air/launch tube upright. It comes in 2 pieces, and they continuously pop apart during use. We fixed the issue with one well-placed zip-tie. Highly recommend this toy- the kids will wear themselves out running after the rockets, and busy parents can rest easy and watch from the sidelines or join in the fun.
on September 26, 2017
I wish I could give this 3.5 stars. This was fun to play with as a family (neices would stomp with help from mom or dad, mom or dad and other neice would "catch"). However, I doubt many 2 year olds or 3 year olds can launch these unassisted. I doubt many under 5 years old can.

Both of my neices, who are those ages and not small for their ages, could not launch these unassisted despite numerous attempts.

It was still fun though.
on February 19, 2012
As a grandmother who has one grandson who is now 2 years old and who has every hi-tech battery-run noise-making toy that was ever invented (okay, I'm exaggerating--my grandson only has HALF of all the hi-tech battery-run noise-making toys that were ever invented), the Stomp Rocket Jr. was a joyous relief not just for the ears and nerves of my grandson, but to the ears and nerves of all of us adults who are getting pretty darned tired of all those irritating noise-making toys that they didn't used to make when we were kids. What a joy, to just simply stomp your foot on an air bladder and have a rocket shoot into the air! No battery-run irritating songs being sung, no cows saying 'moo' or pigs saying 'oink'--nothing but the honest, real-world thwack of your foot as it hits air bladder and the real-world sound of the rocket as it pops off the popper thing.

This is a REAL toy. You don't just push a button and hear scratchy voices singing 'Old Macdonald's.' With this toy, you LEARN that it takes 'x' amount of pressure of your foot to send the rocket 'y' number of feet into the air, and you LEARN that the rocket won't work well unless you set the rocket on the launcher 'just so.' In other words, this is a toy WHICH REQUIRES A LITTLE OLD-FASHIONED SKILL. Pushing a button isn't enough. You have to THINK and DO something, not just push a button, and it's dependent on your OWN skill. Any kid can get Mom or Dad to replace batteries, but with this toy, how far the rocket flies depends on YOUR skill in making it happen. This toy brings so much joyous laughter, not just to my grandson but to everybody in the room or out on the patio--EVERYbody wants to stomp on that air bladder and see how high they can make the rocket fly!

The Stomp Rocket Jr., by the way, is a great toy to take to the neighborhood park and share with others because every child (and their parents0 wants to 'see if they can make the rocket go into the air,' and how HIGH can they make it go. No push-button battery-run toy even comes close to the intrigue of this toy, or the group fun it brings to life.

If there's downside to this toy, it's that my grandson had to stand in line behind his father, uncles, and grandfathers (and mother, aunts, and grandmothers) to play with this toy in the first place.

Definite 5 stars and then some.
on January 16, 2015
This toy is so simple and ingenious. When my son plays with this in the park, every child that passes by wants to try it and many have it at home! The foam rockets are also lightweight enough that we can play with it indoors without fear of breaking anything. We shoot rockets down the hallway. After my son's birthday, he had helium balloons which were in the hallway so we practiced hitting different balloons. It's a blast! You can also get your child to launch the rockets while you catch them or vice versa. The fun never ends. The only downside is that the stand kept coming apart for us so we taped it together to avoid having to constantly fix it back in place.
on September 5, 2015
My kids really enjoy these. The cost was low enough that I was able to get one for each of them. I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old. They are both able to work them and they are heavy enough to make the rocket's launch. The only thing that I don't like is that the base does come apart, and it tends to lean. I took some yarn and tied the blue tube to the stand to keep the rocket launcher going straight up. That helps with it leaning, but the base still does come apart quite a bit. I might try to super glue it.
But really, I still think it is awesome. My kids just play and play with these and are very happy with them. I would recommend.
on March 31, 2012
I bought this for my nephew (5 yrs old). He absolutely loves it, and my 2 yr old niece likes it, too. We took it to the park the first day and they had so much fun taking turns and jumping on it to shoot the rockets into the air. Within a few minutes there was a line of kids we didn't even know that had come over to take a turn. Even the "big kids" like my brother-in-law had a blast. After shooting a rocket, each kid ran to get it and brought it back for the next one (it comes with 3). You can shoot straight up or angle it and, depending how heavy/coordinated the jumper is, the rocket goes really far! My niece couldn't shoot it that high (but had fun anyways), but my nephew got some really good height out of it.

I don't know that it will last forever (it's plastic and foam) but we haven't had any issues yet. The kids shove their own rockets onto the launcher, less than carefully, but it just bends a little and goes back into place.

Adult supervision is probably good especially when sharing, but I can't imagine anyone getting seriously injured, even if you shot it in their direction (which of course would not be recommended).

I highly recommend this for the fun factor and physical activity it encourages.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.