Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,524 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,740 reviews
on May 2, 2017
This was a BIG hit! We got this for my 5 year old nephew's birthday. He needed help for the first few times, but then he could do it himself. They played with it for hours in their big backyard. I can't speak as much to the glowing factor, it's very light. But we did it at dust, most young kids don't stay up til dark playing outside anymore. So, the glow feature to me, was not neccessary. We will be giving these to many friends for the birthdays in the future! Wish they were priced lower. I paid 14 ish, I think a more fa0ri price would be 9.
on April 22, 2017
So much fun! The kids LOVE this and it provides a lot of entertainment! Even our 2.5 yr old has it figured out and enjoys shooting rockets all over the house and the park. Word of warning - stay away from trees. These delightful rockets are lightweight and once they're in a tree... good luck? We've only lost one, but it was sad. The stand is kind of hard to keep together, but I think using some tape to keep it together during a round of rockets would work OK.
on December 31, 2015
We bought this for our 3 year old last Christmas (2014) and everyone in the family loved it. It is a simple but effective and fun design. It is a lot of fun to play with indoors (if you are feeling adventurous or have young kids who don't slam too hard on the pump) and outdoors. Outside you can get these rockets to go at least 40 feet in the air I would say. The stand is a little flimsy, but with some weight to support it, it does the job.

If you have older children that will be responsible with this toy you could probably make it last a while, but with our children the excitement got to them and within a month or two the launcher stand was broken and some of the fins of the rockets were broken off.

It was still a fun toy to hold the hose and aim it while someone jumped on the pump, but eventually (within 4-5 months) this toy just boiled down to the pump and hose. All rockets destroyed or lost.

We did get our money's worth out of this toy though and I would recommend as a present for any young child.
on November 29, 2015
I bought this as a birthday present for my 3 year old who loves rockets, but is a little too young yet for a model rocket. He really enjoys this toy. It is easy to put together and easy to use. You stick the foam rocket on the plastic pipe that is attached to a short plastic hose. At the end of the hose is a "pillow" like object that you stomp on to send he rocket shooting into the air. I was very impressed with how high this rocket goes (50+ feet) with a simple stomp. My son was thrilled.
The rockets are nerf and are very kid friendly! The fly very high, but come down very soft. Which was great when one of them came down on my head (LOL) and didn't hurt a bit!
The only thing that disappointed me a little was the way the hose was attached to the stand. it is attached with a wing nut, which does not hold it very tight to the stand. So after each stomp you have to reposition the tube so that it points straight up again. That being said, I would absolutely buy this again!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 27, 2014
Our kids have enjoyed this! We purchased it for our 5 year old for Christmas and he was eager to get outside to try it. The rockets do indeed go up a LONG way. SO for the fun factor, this toy gets 4 stars. However for the quality of product it only gets an OK - 3 stars. It is very flimsy and my husband ending up taping the base together as it kept falling apart which was very frustrating.

The pink launch pad is made of pliable plastic but I can see that over time with regular use it will crack. I have a feeling that the rockets will outlast the rest of the toy unless you have a dog that likes to chew the rockets!

There are 7 rockets in this kit - 4 in the box, 3 in the bag. They are white with blue not yellow like shown in the picture. As for glowing in the dark - hmm.... Yes it does but it is VERY VERY faint. I was thinking it would be like the "Glow in the Dark" stars that you can buy but it is not. I'm not sure you would be able to actually find this in the dark after shooting it. You can use this toy inside but of course unless you have really high ceilings it is not going to go that far!
on August 17, 2015
Everybody loves these things -- the kids, the grownups. They are just plain fun. Kids as young as maybe 4, definitely 5, can stomp the launcher effectively. They make great gifts even if you don't know the giftee very well, because who doesn't like to make things fly by stomping? And I can tell you from experience that the box fits perfectly into a large gift bag with room to spare for some tissue paper sticking out all festive and stuff. But get a set or two for yourself, too.

As others have written, the stand is the weak point; it falls apart easily and the pieces tend to get lost. But we find the set is just as much fun without the stand entirely, just hand-held. If you like the stand, it's easy to MacGyver it so it stays together better -- I recommend zip ties.

You are highly likely to want a pack of refill rockets because the things get lost: stuck in trees, on roofs, beyond fences, etc. -- they often fly a lot farther than you think they will, and they're also light enough to get windblown somewhere new. They're more durable than you'd think, since they're made of a lightweight foam, but tend to fail eventually either by getting stepped on and bent (they won't fly straight then) or by losing fins (then they can still fly, just not as well). It's also helpful just to have extras so you don't have to "reload" as often (that is, go gather up the ones you've launched).

If you get two sets, it's nice to know that the rockets are a good soft foam that won't hurt anyone if aimed at people in any sort of battle, though of course we'd never do that. We only aim them *away* from people, don't we? The rockets are too soft to hurt windows and the like, too.
on July 29, 2015
I ordered this hoping for an outdoor toy that would keep the whole family entertained. It didn't just win over our family, but the entire neighborhood.

The stomp rocket comes with a base, stomp-pump and 4 'rockets'. The base comes in 3 pieces which need to be assembled. No tools are required and instructions are on the outside of the package. The part of the toy that gets stomped on has a tube that attaches to the vertical part of the base with a wing nut and screw. The picture directions were easy to follow, and it only took a minute to assemble the entire thing.

We set the launcher up in the middle of our cul-de-sac and within two minutes it had the attention of the entire neighborhood. Set-up and use is quick and easy - drop a rocket on the launcher and stomp. The rockets shoot up quite high which is fun to watch, and the kids had fun trying to run and meet the rocket at its landing. With 4 rockets in the package, there was plenty of time for kids to retrieved launched rockets and get them back to the launcher before they were needed for the next kid's turn.

It is easy enough to use that my 2 year old can launch a rocket reasonably high with no help, and fun enough that my husband and I were fighting off the neighborhood 'big kids' so that we could have a turn too.

We are so pleased to have an outdoor activity that is fun, encourages activity and can bring together the whole neighborhood - all without batteries!
on July 3, 2016
Awesome for my 6 year old grandson! He's an only child and this is something he can do without being lonely.

Would Recommend to a friend? Yes
Conclusion: Excellent choice!
I received this product at FULL PRICE. NO discount has influenced or impacted my judgment of this product. I take this seriously and my opinion and experience is my own, which I share AFTER I have tried the product and given ample time to see results and side effects. I am in no way required by the seller to leave positive remarks about their product. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
***Don’t rely on the Amazon star system alone, pay attention to WHY a person either liked or disliked a product. Many products can be used differently from the way the product was intended for. The way you intend to use the product or what you need to accomplish may not be what the person reviewing it used and rated it for.***
on September 12, 2014
Purchased this on a whim for some young family members (2 and 3 yr old) that came to visit our kid free home. It's easy to assemble and was cheap entertainment that lasted for about 45 min to an hour the first day, and under 30 min the two following days. Make sure to keep away from pets...our GSD's had fun chasing the rockets just as much as the kids but after a while they ripped a fin off and another had too many punctures in it thus compromising the seal integrity (no longer shot very high into the sky). If you decide to buy would recommend keeping pets away from it if they are less than gentle with toys and consider buying the parachute men *that is a separate cost for this product.
on March 27, 2014
I bought this 14 months ago for our 20 month old grandson on a hunch that even at that age, he may enjoy the excitement of seeing Nani make the rocket fly. Since we are vigilant in his playtime, caution about small parts ie: the toy's wing nut, aren't an issue. But unmonitored play is not an option for a toddler.
Actually, our only issue was to make sure he wouldn't attempt to chew the foam rockets. He did make one large hole in a rocket but never again when he realized that rocket wouldn't fly any more.

My intent was to stomp the rocket launcher for him. I got to do it once. Our then tiny guy watched it go up up up. When it landed, he toddle raced to go pick it up. When he got back to the launcher, I expected him to want to see me repeat the performance. Instead he leaned way down, examined the launcher, straightened up and - and since he wasn't yet much of a talker yet, he simply stomped his foot. Message received. I showed him - let him - helped him, push the rocket onto the air tube. His first stomp attempt only got the rocket halfway off the tube. He didn't have the aim or power. I showed him how to jump on it with two feet instead. Successful launches grew more frequent. On occasion, he'd let me stomp too!

It grew into a great success, in several ways. While it wasn't the only toy he played with, it was one he faithfully played with, and still plays with, every time he stays with us...(every other weekend)! He's now turning 3 and we've had 14 months of this toy being launched, stepped all over, dunked in the pool, stuck in trees, and tugged away from his same aged cousin. Since we live in warm Phoenix, that's a lot of abuse, and adult with child FUN.. And while he couldn't really talk well when he first got it, if anyone asked him what he was going to do at Nani's house, he would stomp his foot and smile. It drew smiles from everyone else too.

If you are reading this review, then you're probably looking hard for a toy that has the big three elements. Kid appeal for the long haul. Durability. Price. But add in the kid and adult bonding fun factor... and this becomes a grand slam.

A tip or two. Plan on buying an extra bag of rockets down the road. They really fly and if the wing nut that holds the trajectory tube in place loosens (it does) the rocket can end up in someone's gutter or trees or In the mouth of the neighbor's bulldog.

Note: The more deluxe version of this isn't as good a flyer, has more hard plastic and our little guy returned almost immediately to his junior version.

What a bonding experience it's been for all of us.

Five Big Stars!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.