Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on May 29, 2012
Men need to chase a woman. Period. Men are hunters. Women are the hunted. If you turn the tables on them thier male brains don't compute. It means to them you are not a desirable female. Keep them guessing if you like them or not. To them, a desirable female is one who isn't too eager and keeps them guessing and wanting more.

It's male psychology 101. Seems pretty basic and obvious to me. I don't do it deliberately, but it's just the way I am. I really am not that interested usually.
They can tell and they switch on. It's the same with racing greyhounds. All they need to
see is the rabbit running away and they chase it.
Men are sight hounds just like greyhounds. They automatically chase anything that runs.
And they don't stop chasing until they catch it. At what point do you let them catch YOU?

Anyway this book is valid and speaks the truth as I know it. I don't call it manipulation, at least in my case since it's not deliberate. Oh and as for paying, that's what makes them feel manly. They want to feel mannish and paying makes them feel that way so let them.
Not all men are the same and not all will keep calling if you don't return their calls but some do. And my opinion is this. If they don't keep calling they aren't that interested in the first place, so you weed them out that way. The shyest male will keep calling if he is truely interested in the woman.

If you are frustrated with men buy this book and try the suggestions out to see if they work for you. I had a close friend lose the man she wanted for the last several years after he finally agreed to start dating her because she "initiated" all the time, as she put it.
He never got to miss her, call her, or ask her out. I was so sad for her but she was adamant that she should be able to go after him and not "play games". Well he's gone now and she is heartbroken. I knew he would be gone.

It's an excellent book. I know, we don't want to play games or manipulate men. But just be aware of what they think, and what makes them react.
You don't have to use it but you should be informed at least and this book will make that happen.
on March 1, 2015
EVERY YOUNG WOMAN NEEDS TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK!
EVERY DIVORCED WOMAN NEEDS TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK!
EVERY OLDER SINGLE WOMAN NEEDS TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK!
on August 1, 2010
I read the book cover to cover and really enjoyed it, but I felt like she needed to flesh out her chapters a little more. For instance, where are we supposed to meet all of these available guys? How do we flirt appropriately (not desperately) so they will ask us out? And honestly, the whole part of not paying for part of my date is just a little awkward. I don't know how to let a guy pay for the date, unless he's stated from the beginning that he intends to pay. I am all about letting guys show their interest by investing more into the relationship, especially in the courting stages, but I just don't know how.
on March 14, 2006
More than anything, this book tells you to celebrate your life (with or without a man). So, despite the title that is seemingly geared toward women on a mission to get a man to walk down the aisle, this book is about treating yourself the way you deserve to be treated. I think its guidelines are basically things most women know, but are either too infatuated (or in love) to follow through with them. Lisa Daily offers guidance much like a wise older sister would. A fun, easy, quick read...for any of those moments when you're doubting yourself, or just when you happen to be bored.
on September 14, 2015
If you're a single woman who wants to find a man to marry, this book is a must read!
on January 5, 2006
Disappointing book. I agree with the previous reviewer who said the good thing about this book is it is short and easy to read.

If you have already read "The Rules" you don't need this book. While it makes some good if rehashed points, it is overly simplified. According to the author, if you never call a man, date 3 men at one time, and pamper yourself, you will soon be married to a wealthy, handsome romantic man who treats you like a princess and calls you daily while you still aren't calling him. Good Grief! Save your money.
on January 15, 2007
The book is fine, but I expected more. If you haven't read anything on this subject, it is a good place to start, but if you have read other stuff, it may be a bit repetitive. The "rotation" was a new idea though.

If you do buy it, I suggest to also get something else. You can finish it in a couple of hours, and if you have to wait for several weeks like I had to, it would be frustrating.
on June 5, 2002
As a single female looking for "The Man" and wondering how to make him fall in love with me, I found this book lacking in alot of important details, contradictory at times, and in some cases dead wrong.
Example- Lisa Daily's 'Stop Getting Dumped' strategy explains how it's important to always be dating three men at a time; "a pair and a spare". I live in the same town she does, and I don't know where she's finding all these men to date, but never in my life have I had an occasion where three men I was interested in had asked me out on a date over a period of more than several years!!! So, to me, the important detail lacking in that strategy was where in heaven's name does one meet all of these quality men???? I'm dying to know! Take it from me, where to meet men is not mentioned once in this book.
Lisa Daily contradicts herself in that she explains how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle which includes a regular work out schedule. She goes on to constantly refer to pigging out on a gallon of ice cream or other indulgences when a relationship goes wrong. Hmmm, as a female who maintains a healthy lifestyle, I've found getting a good work out in is a far better way to get over disappointment in a relationship than eating my way to oblivion, and I feel better about myself afterwards, too!
A key part of Lisa Daily's 'Stopped Getting Dumped' strategy is to include a massage, manicure, or other salon or spa type service in your life each week. She explains that this isn't costly, and that the way to keep the cost of these treats in check is to utilize beauty and massage schools, where costs are less. She says a person can get a massage at a school for $10. I was surprised to hear massages were so inexpensive, even at massage schools, so I called around and checked prices. In Minneapolis, home of Lisa Daily, the least expensive massage I found was $32. Considering the 'Stop Getting Dumped' book was published 4 weeks ago, I certainly would have expected more up-to-date cost information! So, to me, Lisa Daily didn't do her homework before she made this key 'Stop Getting Dumped' recommendation and went to to remind readers at least twice that beauty/massage school services are inexpensive.
I do have one good thing to say about the book, it makes a good coaster, and that's what I'm using it for now. Myself, I have found John Gray's, 'Mars and Venus on a Date' a much more comprehensive guide for dating. When I remember to do the things he talks about when dating, they really work!!
on June 21, 2003
I couldn't put this book down once I started reading. It has good advice on dating which was really helpful. After being out of the dating scene for a few years the advice helps me get back into the right mindset & habits for dating. It's well worth the money to buy this book you'll enjoy reading it! :)
on July 19, 2005
This is a tiny little book of stuff you already knew, however maybe it hits home when you see it in print. It does not deal with the dreaded internet date which presents a whole different set of issues, so maybe the author should think about updating.