|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Weight||0.64 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.4 x 5 x 0.1 inches|
Stop Thumb Sucking, Thumbusters, Green
- Lime Green!
- Made from breathable and comfortable Lycra
- Helped thousands of children to stop thumb sucking throughout America!!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The THUMBUSTERS is a great new device a child wears on their hand as a reminder not to thumb suck. We suggest wearing the THUMBUSTERS at those difficult times like bedtime, while watching T.V. or even school! The THUMBUSTERS is an extremely comfortable glove-like device which is worn on the thumb and easily attaches around the wrist. Made of Lycra, this material breathes and is safe. Recommended for children ages 5-12 who want to stop sucking their thumb but need a little reminder at times. THUMBUSTERS empowers your child to stop on their own instead of needing constant reminders from adults. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Quality not the best, but at least it helped her.
We have gone through SO many pairs, and they all eventually get fuzzies from the fabric breaking down, velcro looses grip, or tears along the thumb.
Also, my kid started to just pull the thumb cover off, (keeps it around his wrist) and sucks his thumb anyways.
We use a DIFFERENT KIND now that is more durable, covers more of the hand, comes as a set of two, has a snap fastened instead of a velcro fastener and it has worked much better. The price is higher, but in the long-run I've saved money by only buying one set. We've had them for 5 months and they are both in perfect condition even after many washes. He does not cheat with those.
As to quality, it was cheap. Don’t expect it to last long, but it works well enough, and was easier to use than tape or something else. Having a choice of colors helped; he likes green, so we got green.
Fast forward a few years and my daughter still had her thumb in her mouth constantly, often without even realizing it. Her 2nd grade teacher had brought up her thumb sucking in our conference earlier in the week. I looked up the thumbuster on the internet, showed it to her, talked to her about wearing it and what it was for. She agreed she wanted to try it gain and I let her choose the color (green). I ordered our second thumbuster in December 2011. It arrive quickly, just a week before my daughters 8th birthday. She was excited and put it on right away. She has now been using it for about one month and I only caught her sucking her thumb one time on day two. She started off wearing it at all times, to school, to bed, to the doctor...only taking it off to eat, use the restroom, and in art class. She wears it a lot less now, but has managed to keep her thumb out of her mouth even with it off. She hung the chart on the fridge and asks everyday if she can put a sticker on it. I think it stays in her pocket now more than it does on her, but as long as she's not sucking her thumb, I don't care. A month after our second round with the thumbuster, I am cautiously optimistic that she has finally been able to break the habit for good!
Things to keep in mind:
- Your child needs to be motivated to stop sucking their thumb. The thumbuster is only held on by velcro and is easily removed if they want to take it off.
- Yes, it will get horribly dirty and pilly...they are wearing it all the time! Throw it in the wash.
- I've read other reviews that it wasn't durable, but both of the ones we've used survived with no holes, tears, etc. I tried making my own after she lost the first one years ago and the one I made had holes in it in just a few days.
- It's made out of a thin spandex type material. It was a bit big when she was 4, and fit perfect when she was 8, but it still wasn't clumsy when it was a little big. She never complained about it being uncomfortable and she was able to do whatever she wanted while wearing it. She only took it off when she worried about getting it dirty.
- I wish it came with GPS so we could find it when it got lost!!
Just with they came with a GPS locator for when they got lost!