Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock for Kids, Re..." and save 9% off the $39.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
2 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock for Kids, Red and Blue Sports Car
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sleep enhancing alarm clock for kids featuring a stoplight and sculpted figure
- Toddlers know if it's time to get up by looking at the stoplight
- Red light means it’s time to sleep; green light means it’s time to wake up
- Digital clock and optional beeping alarm function included
- Features a friendly boy driving a red and blue car with sports emblems
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About the Inventors
Two sleep-deprived moms with public relations and product development backgrounds created the Stoplight Clock out of frustration to fill a need that was not being met in the marketplace.
Encouraged by numerous parents and focus groups, the inventors have continued to pursue their dream of helping tired parents with the introduction of the Stoplight Clock.
Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock for Kids
The Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock from It's About Time is a fun and simple way for toddlers to answer their own question, "Is it time to get up?"
At a young age, toddlers know their colors and understand that red means stop and green means go. Toddlers will know if it's time to get up or stay in bed by looking at the stoplight.
When the red light is on, kids will understand that it is still time to sleep. When the green light turns on, kids will know that it is time to get out of bed.
- Each model features a friendly sculpted figure sitting next to a stoplight
- Applies proven behavior modification teaching methods used in classrooms for years
- Recommended by pediatricians
- Digital clock has optional beeping alarm
- Yellow light can be used as an optional nightlight
- Battery function used as power backup
The Stoplight Alarm Clock features red and green lights that can be easily set by parents
Red light stays on throughout the night indicating it is time to 'stop' and stay in bed.
"I wonder if it's time to get up?"
Green light turns on at designated time set by parents and kids know it is time to 'go'.
Uses Proven Teaching Techniques
The Stoplight Clock takes advantage of teaching methods that have been used as behavior modification in classrooms for years. In fact, stoplight systems are currently used in schools nationwide for behavior modification.
According to teachers, “the use of the lights makes it appear that the lights are requesting the action instead of the teacher.” This translates into a similar response for parents — wake-up time is being set by the clock, not the parent.
The Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock from It's About Time is a fun and simple way for toddlers to answer their own question, "is it time to get up?" At a young age, toddlers know their colors and understand that red means stop and green means go. Toddlers know if it's time to get up or stay in bed by looking at the stoplight. When the red light is on, kids will understand that it is still time to sleep. When the green light turns on, kids will know that it is time to get out of bed. Recommended by pediatricians.
Compare with similar items
Mirari OK to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light
Toddler Stay-In-Bed Light Clock, Teaches Child When Its Fine To Wake Up - Kids Alarm and 4 Color Morning Or Night-light. Battery or usb
Vekey Alarm Clock for Kids Wake up Light Premium Digital Display Model, One size, White
Alarm Clock For Kids, Hobest Rechargeable Digtal Alarm Clock with Snooze Wake Up Light For Women, Heavy Sleepers, Nursing Mom, Desk, Bedrooms( Motion Sensor, Touch Control, USB Powered)
Learn & Climb Toddler Wake-Up Clock, 2 Pack
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Marvy Brands||Amazon.com||Hobest Direct||Marvy Brands|
|Item Dimensions||4.25 x 7.5 x 8 in||5 x 5 x 4.3 in||5.54 x 4.45 x 4.45 in||3.5 x 3.7 x 3.7 in||5.1 x 5.1 x 3.5 in||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The red light is on all night long. It glows like a 60 watt bulb. It's a beacon yelling "wake up baby". My son was sleeping through the night before we put this in his room but after we started using it, the red light woke him up every hour. I tried for a week before I unplugged it. Then he retuned to sleeping through the night. The bright light seemed to interrupt his sleep. Another disappointing aspect is the green light is only on for 30 minutes. That's a disaster if your child decides to sleep in and misses the green light.
I returned this clock. I bought an electric Christmas candle light, a green nightlight bulb and an electric timer. It's so much better. My son's room is dark all night and I have the small, dim, green light turn on at 6am and I control how long it's on for(1 1/2 hours) before timer turns it off. It's working great and for half the price. I also, recently switched the Christmas candle for an electric plastic pumpkin (because it's Halloween time ) and swapped out the orange light for our green light. My son loves it! I plan to switch to a small xmas tree next. My son wants green lights because it means "go", but any color will work.
Pros: It helps my 2 year old know when he's supposed to stay in his room. Also, we've been using it several months and it's still working (I waited to write the review because others said it broke quickly)
Cons: The lights are far too bright and although I read other reviews and knew it wouldn't, it's worth pointing out that the yellow light can't be programmed on a timer for a "stay in your room" phase.
Work Around: We put a pull-up left over the top to dull the light. It looks ridiculous but it works. I also recommend putting something in front of the time at the bottom (we use folded pjs) as well as, it is also very bright
Yes, as some of the reviews say, the red light is a little bright, but that just means I could unplug the night light. Yes, it doesn't work for all kids, but hey, if there's a chance it does isn't that worth your sanity as a sleep-deprived parent? Yes, it's not made to the quality standards of Rolex, but it meets the necessary criteria: a red and green light that turn on/off at the right times.
One note, our kid likes to play with buttons and found the audible alarm switch in the back. That alarm scared the heck out of the whole family. So do yourself a favor, get a screwdriver and take out the screws in the back. Pull the top apart just enough to get the top to come off. Then pull the little wires out of the back of the speaker. Replace the top and screws, and voila, no more loud alarm your toddler will accidentally turn on.
1. Easy enough to use (at least assuming yours works fully — mine didn’t).
2. Fun design —I bought the version with the train and my son liked it the way it looked.
1. Very flimsy and cheap. Half of the buttons on the clock I received did not work (which made it impossible to, for instance, set the time).
2. The clock needs a redesign: The lights are very large and bright, which is likely to disturb a child’s sleep. That is odd, considering that the whole point of the clock is to keep kids with sleep difficulties asleep. Even with the yellow light on, the clock lit up my son’s room (and his room is pretty large).
3. It needs to be plugged in order to work and the cord is very long. This can be a real nuisance by limiting where you can put the clock and attracting a small child’s interest. Strangely, the clock takes batteries, but the batteries don’t make the clock work. They just keep the time from needing to be reset when the clock is turned back on after having been off.
Most recent customer reviews
Very poor quality.