Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Wii Fit Game with Balance Board forum

Stopping Text Alert?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2008, 2:01:05 PM PDT
Jayson Olson says:
I gave up on the text alert. everytime I received it and replied, I keep getting a message back anyway that it's now unavailable.

Now I can't find anywhere on Amazon on how to stop the alerts. Today I got 3 alerts. I've tried to reply 'cancel' and 'stop', but it hasn't worked.

Anyone else know how to turn off? Amazon support person I spoke to had no idea about the text alerting option to begin with *sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008, 2:43:24 PM PDT
Lanjinho says:
reply "stopfit" is supposed to cancel the messages

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008, 9:22:08 AM PDT
Jayson Olson says:
Success. Thanks a ton!

Funny how you were able to tell me in a few words and the Amazon CS team spent 20 minutes on the phone with me 'researching' and couldn't tell me in the end anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008, 10:28:04 AM PDT
Lanjinho says:
Simple... because I am Brazilian and smart =D
Employed me on Amazon Team. LOL! Little joke!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 7:57:25 AM PST
P. Ellison says:
Click "Your Account" (Below where is says "Hello [your name]"
in the "Settings" section you will see "Manage Text Tracking Alerts"
click it..
it will show your cel number, click the "Unsubscribe" button..
It will tell you you have been UN-subscribed from the txt's

Posted on Sep 30, 2014, 3:08:45 PM PDT
Kimmer says:
I get annoying texts from Amazon and I don't even have my phone # on my account here . How do I stop these text messages?

Posted on Feb 21, 2015, 6:51:28 AM PST
Vance Jochim says:
I have the same problem - all of a sudden getting 2-3 AD obnoxious messages WITH A RINGTONE from both Amazon and Kindle. That is unethical to me and a poor approach to customers. I never remember opting in for such text messages, which means they buried it in small text somewhere and some marketing manager thought he was more important than customers. I will try the two suggestions. Amazon, don't be obnoxious like Yahoo or Microsoft.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2015, 3:10:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2015, 3:11:03 PM PDT
Thanks! Made my day, Just replied "stopit"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2015, 12:18:34 PM PDT
Ashley Newby says:
"stopfit" worked for me, thanks!!

Posted on Sep 1, 2015, 3:03:11 PM PDT
SpeedyMan says:
There are two ways to stop receiving text messages from Amazon "when your package is shipped, out for delivery, delivered or encounters a problem".
Method #1: "You may opt-out at any time by sending STOP to 262966."
Method #2: On the Amazon website (using a computer) go to Your Account --> Settings --> Manage 'Shipment Updates via Text' --> then click the 'Unsubscribe' button.

Posted on Feb 17, 2016, 1:46:59 PM PST
PattiMM54 says:
Everyone knows how to stop messages, but how do you RESTART messages once you have unsubscribed. I've gone into the Amazon page. I've even deleted my phone number then put it back 24 hours later. Still no alerts. I actually WANT to receive the alerts.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2016, 12:12:43 PM PDT
Amazon says I am not subscribed to this service, yet i continue to get, not one, but TWO identical text messages each time. Kindle is now texting me as well. I did not opt in for these "services" and I am not pleased.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2016, 9:36:58 AM PDT
Cant find "Manage Text Tracking Alerts" but replying stopfit to their text update sent me a message which looks like it stopped it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2016, 9:36:02 AM PDT
KLenox says:
Worked for me too. Thanks bunches!

Posted on Aug 17, 2016, 10:29:21 AM PDT
Lijo G. says:
how can i change the message alert number? is it possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2016, 7:28:57 AM PDT
Mommy Reader says:
Thank goodness for good old sharing Info- worked in 30 seconds!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2016, 7:26:43 AM PDT
THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!
I've an emergency ONLY phone and it was apparently someone else's number and EVERY FREAKING TIME they order something *I* was getting a text for it and it was eating up my minutes.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU~

Posted on Dec 10, 2016, 8:06:29 AM PST
Paul says:
Opt-out at any time by sending a text to 262966 Text the word "STOP"
This was fast and fixed my issue.

Posted on Dec 15, 2016, 4:23:38 PM PST
Forrester says:
I have done both methods for stopping these shipping/delivery notifications, and neither have worked. Do I just reply to these texts with the reply "stopit" or "stopfit"?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2016, 10:04:34 AM PST
Lilith says:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910790&qid=1481911271&sr=1-2

Posted on Jan 1, 2017, 2:20:32 PM PST
Algol60 says:
This may be relevant. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201339340 It shows... The short code 262966 is used by Amazon.com to send automated text notifications (U.S. only). If you agree to receive text notifications from Amazon, you will receive text messages when there is an upcoming limited-time, limited-quantity deal exclusively available on your Kindle Fire with Special Offers. Messages will be sent between 8am - 6pm PT. Frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.

You may opt-out at any time by sending STOP to 262966.

Posted on Feb 26, 2017, 6:01:50 PM PST
Fenny says:
I got a new phone with the same number , my old phone continues to get the amazon text alerts . But I want my new phone to get them . Hmmmm ? Any ideas ?

Was thinking I may reply stop on old phone and then try to re subscribe on new phone ?

Posted on Mar 11, 2017, 9:28:35 AM PST
nursethalia says:
I wish we could specify which alerts we want to receive. I don't care that the item is being prepared for shipment. I don't care that it has been shipped. I only want to know when it has been delivered.

Posted on Apr 10, 2017, 9:08:42 AM PDT
Under your Account look for the Email Alerts, messages and ads section. The last link in it is Shipment updates via text. click it, and hit unsubscribe in the page it takes you to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2017, 5:45:50 AM PDT
Thales says:
This really upsets me. And the ads are for crap I've never bought in the past and certainly never will in the future. And it does wake me up every morning. Very intrusive. I've reported this to the Fed Trade Commission. They won't do anything immediate, but are currently pondering making this illegal - so weigh in on it with them. https://www.ftc.gov/contact
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2008
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers