Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on April 4, 2010
I picked up Stopping Time part 1 & 2 for free on my Kindle. The blurb sounded intriguing with the mixing of the mortal world and Fey, and was coming to say that this two part short story had interested me enough to pick up the rest of the series. It was a good look at some of the characters and the author's fast paced writing style. So what has me marking these as a two star review instead of my planned four. This is solely based on the categorization of these books. There is material content that is much to mature for children (and I would question it even if it was listed under teens). As a elementary teacher I could not in good consciousness let this past. This series had happily reminded me of the Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton, but Hamilton's series is adult romantic fiction.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 5, 2010
I picked this short story up when I realized that they were free for the Kindle. (Just use Kindle for PC if you don't have a Kindle and you can read it on your computer, along with many other books!) It is a very short story, readable in one sitting. What it lacks in length it makes up for in content.

The story focuses on Leslie, Irial, and Niall, even Gabriel shows up for a bit, some of my favorite characters from the Ink Exchange series. It is a great filler book while waiting for the next in the series, Radiant Shadows, to come out. I would love to see this short story expanded into a full novel because the love triangle presented here is one worth following through on. Any Melissa Marr fan will delight in having this story to read.
on April 25, 2010
I picked this up as a freebie on my Amazon Kindle. You can't argue with the price. It is the story about what happens between Leslie, Niall, and Irial after the events that occur in "Ink Exchange". The story is so-so. Not a horrible read but nothing to write home about.

Part 1 is a total cliffhanger, so download Part 2 at the same time so you can read it right away. It's a very quick read; Part 1 takes maybe 20 minutes to read.

Overall, it was something to read. I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it that much either. So it gets an okay from me. If you are really attached to Leslie and want to know more about her and her boys go ahead and pick up the story to read. Just don't expect anything earth-shattering.
on May 1, 2010
Don't get me wrong - the author has done well. But, $2.99 is what you are paying for two short chapters in a potentially much longer story. Part 2 continues, for another $2.99 for two more SHORT chapters. Like an a-la-carte meal. Costly way to buy a book.
As for the story, intriguing, but virtually no character development. One feels the real story is way in the back-ground. Full of how characters FEEL about things in the past we know nothing about. I wonder if the umpteenth $2.99 finally reveals what is going on?
on May 16, 2010
Nice story of what happens to Leslie after she leaves Huntsdale. I like that Irial and Niall are still watching over her and it was nice to have a little closure in their story. This is surely the oddest love triangle I've ever read about, though, and I'm not sure I find all the selflessness believable--especially in characters who are supposed to be so dark. But I enjoyed the story and found it better written and more convincing than the last book I read in this series, Fragile Eternity.
on May 17, 2016
I liked the creativity in presenting this tale. It kept my attention and was hard to put down. I only wish it was longer.
on May 2, 2010
These short stories are an awesome way to keep feeding readers more of the Wicked Lovely story. Thanks for making them free. After Ink Exchange, you yearn to hear more about Irial, Niall,and Leslie. These books not only filled that need, but make you swoon. I'd definately come back for more!!!
P.S. - Can I just say...God bless your beautiful brain Melissa Marr; and I'd love a prequel about Irial and Niall :D
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2010
This is a novella, actually it's part of a novella, if we were talking regular book, I think it would be the first few chapters (3 maybe 5). This is about Leslie, Irial and Niall. I enjoyed reading about Leslie again, but for those who miss Seth Ash and Keenan, you probably won't like this short story.

In a smaller nutshell, Stopping Time shows glimpses into Leslie's life as she tries to move on and live without seeing Niall or talking to Irial. This of course doesn't prevent Irial from visiting her or Niall from calling her on the phone a lot. Leslie I don't think realizes yet that she won't be able to move on. She has a choice that she won't make, she can't touch Irial without fatal consequences, and to be with Niall means she has to become one of the monsters in the Dark Court, either way she loses who she is.

I really enjoyed the story, I'm one of the fans that don't mind branching out with different characters, in fact I hadn't read about Leslie since Ink Exchange, so I was very pleased Melissa Marr gave us this two part story. At only a dollar you have to ask yourself if you want to know whether or not Leslie comes back in to the Fey fold or not. I have already pre-ordered the second part in the book which will be released at the end of this month I believe.
on May 11, 2010
This is really a chapter. Wish the writer would have used the space to write an actual story. Don't have time for a writer that spends the whole time mooning over two guys she loves but can't be with either. I got it the first 10 times.
on November 15, 2014