- File Size: 496 KB
- Print Length: 118 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Scott Meyers (January 20, 2010)
- Publication Date: January 20, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0032JSJ86
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#443,022 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #275 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Real Estate > Investments
- #526 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Starting a Business
- #639 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Home-Based
Self Storage Blueprint for Success Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first 20% of this Kindle book covers the 10 Best reasons to invest in self-storage. Just to give you a sample of the 10:
#8. Leverage - Use of other people's money (OPM)
#5. High cash-flow
#7. Low operating costs
#2. No tenants
#1. No toilets
C'mon ... seriously! No one should have to pay $11.97 to read this!
Chapter 1: Industry Overview: here, Mr. Scott goes over the history of self-storage ... a real "yawner." He also covers the types of tenants you might have: people in transition (oohhh, yeah), military personnel, college students looking to park their 'stuff' away for the summer, etc. This chapter wasn't too enlightening.
Chapter 2: Investment Opportunities: In a nut-shell, there will be more people in transition. He also restates lower operating costs, and lower overhead, no toilets, no tenants. A rehash of the 10 best reasons ...
Chapter 3: Future of self-storage: basically, it looks good except there might be competition near your subject property.
Chapter 4: To buy or to build: weighs the pros and cons of doing both
Chapter 5: Case Study: A property in Brownsville, IN. Creating your own biz plan (this was the only good part of the book). He covers 7 essentials of a loan application. You can just ask a commercial loan officer for this same information and then provide it to them. Also covers a Summary Page, which includes things like: a map of the area, both from the ground and satellite; area description; demographics of the area/town/city; marketing; financial data - 3 years income statements and 3 years pro-forma.
That was about it. Chapter 5 ended around the 40% mark (Kindle). The other 60% was a dictionary of real estate terminology!!
Again, I feel this book is not worth the price.
If you are interested in investing in self-storage, I would suggest you get a real estate license like I did or meet a commercial realtor who can assist you with your goals. Tapping a good realtor for knowledge is free and they get paid when you close on a deal you do with them. No up front costs and no vague information like this book.