Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Stories Behind Women of Extraordinary Faith
Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 31, 2013
I chose this book because I wanted to be encouraged in my faith and look at other womens examples of living their faith.I am still reading this book and love it. My only dissapointment is that so far these women of faith are from many years ago but I am hoping as I read more I will come to the more current ladies of faith. For me this book is a keeper one I will share and recomend.
Thanks
on June 8, 2013
Some of these ladies were familiar to me, and some I had never heard of, but their lives were all inspiring! The author used enough research to show us their earlier lives, and how they answered the call of God to do unto others. Each story tugged on my heart-strings, because of the way each lived their life for Christ, and even died for Him. I highly recommend this book!
on June 15, 2011
I feel encouraged by reading about other women of faith or just reading about people who LIVED their faith. It will bless you to read these short biographies of these women...some are well known and some you have probably never heard of. I recommend it for reading by men and women.
on February 11, 2016
Great book! I'm giving it for birthday gifts and it is well received.
on July 19, 2016
Great condition
on October 7, 2013
the stories behind the extraordinary people were very enlightening and challenged me in my faith. I plan to gift this book to others
on January 16, 2013
This is an amazing book. I was so anxious to receive it and it came earlier than expected. Love it!
on September 2, 2009
This was a gift for a friend and my friend enjoys the book. The book was delivered ahead of schedule.
on July 21, 2008
Worthy of using as a devotional book.
Worthy of a textbook for a woman's Bible study.
Worthy of a reminder to us as to the value of women in the Kingdom of God.
Worthy of encouraging everyone to make good use of the gifts they have received in the Kingdom of God.
Worthy of recalling the power of God unleashed when people give themselves over to him.

Ace Collins has chosen 19 outstanding women to illustrate his points. It is a refreshing set of vignettes from modern church history in regard to the work of women. Some of these women gave from godly homes filled with prayer and devotion to God. They then lived out their lives at a higher level than they had experienced at home. Others abandoned position and fortune to accomplish what they recognized as a God-given call to ministry. Many like Catherine Booth recognized a serious social need and stepped outside the box to meet that need. One of these women is the founder of the Girl Scouts. Two giants of the faith included by Collins are Catherine Booth and Mother Teresa.

Collins challenges us to think of the value of women in the church in all of history. Many who read this review will relate to mothers, grandmothers, wives, and other godly women who helped mold them into the person they are today.
8 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2012
I totally recommend this book.It was wonderful! I can relate to the reviewer who said she couldn't put the book down and didn't want it to end. It was so moving to learn about the lives and contributions of these strong Christian women. Every woman's story is told with just the right amount of background and detail - a mini biography but one that adequately covers each individual's life. Reading about these women's lives, backgrounds, and how each overcame huge obstacles to impact the lives of others was truly inspiring. Ace Collins is the best there is at compiling these positive, "feel good" but true stories - real accounts of outstanding and courageous Christians who touched the lives of others and made made a real difference in their world, their communities, and the personal lives of countless people.