Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on September 20, 2016
This is a cute and very unique album for children. The artists (Sandra McCracken, Katy Bowser, Ellie Holcomb, and Flo Paris) are so talented with lovely voices that don't remind you of typical children's music. The tunes are very folky and a bit mellow. So, I would recommend this as more of a lullaby type album. But, my favorite thing is that each song points the children back to Jesus! Yes, it gets very repetitive. But, I think that is the point. The artists are trying to point the children back to Jesus with each tune.
on September 2, 2017
Different from the average children's music. My kids enjoy listening to it in the evenings and join in with their instruments...nothing like relaxing to your kids singing scripture. I wish the cd was available.
on August 7, 2017
Ellie Holcomb is my new favorite musical artist. Her words are deeply meaningful. Her children's CDs are delightful!
on March 25, 2013
I had read on a previous review that a lyrics booklet was included when buying the CD, but it's not anymore. Instead you would have to download the PDF online. So, I would recommend you buy the MP3 that is cheaper.
Otherwise great product!
on January 3, 2013
For years, now, the folks involved in the Indelible Grace project have been resurrecting precious hymns lamentably left on the wayside of history. Hundreds of old songs have been given new life with new music and their rich, theologically robust lyrics made accessible to a generation fed up on both the shallow and the stuffy. The gals who formed Rain for Roots have been a part of this laudable movement, and this is just as much an extension of that vision.

These songs are the poetry of Sally Lloyd-Jones, put to simple, lovely (and catchy) folk tunes. They are designed to help pass on the story of God's faithfulness and love to our little ones, catechizing them into the language of His character, and priming them to receive and enjoy the gospel. As one who deeply feels the transient, rootlessness caused by a generational rejection of tradition, I realized that I didn't have anything meaningful to sing to my young children as lullabies. Songs from this album come to my head throughout the day and have given some sweet words to remind my family and me of the goodness of God.
on January 1, 2013
When I saw this record come out earlier last year, I listened to a few of the sample clips and for some reason didn't particularly care for it. I passed. Then while trying to think of a good gift idea for our 2 1/2 year old, I thought of it and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! Half of the songs testify explicitly of the Lord Jesus Christ in simple language and to simple melodies that my daughter can grasp. "His name is Jesus, Lord of all, and He will answer when you call." - is playing right now while I type this.

The music is laid back, folk instrumentation - acoustic guitars, a tamborine, banjo, piano. The songwriting is superb, and I find myself singing along because I like it. We've had kid's tapes in the car that I dread to play when my daughter asks for them, the tunes are annoying, even though the words are good. This CD blends the best of both - excellent God glorifying, Christ exalting lyrics that a child can grasp set to excellent music. I highly recommend it. We love it!

And as usual, amazon mp3 is the best price anywhere, better than itunes, though you might consider supporting the artists directly for a few more dollars, and purchasing from their website :-)
on January 3, 2017
Wonderful music. Other reviews are correct about repetitive questions- but we don't listen to it every day, so it is fine for us. It is so cute to hear my little ones walking around singing these songs.
on May 3, 2015
This CD is a super way to supplement your child's spiritual growth. The songs point back to God and Jesus through various Scripture stories, and have been a great springboard to reading those passages. Some tracks are a little repetitive, but that's what kids need, and I generally don't mind having these songs stuck in my head.
on October 8, 2015
From all the people I spoke to, I was really looking forward to this album. Was a little disappointed. It seems to be a little repetitive both in tunes and in words, but I'm sure that the littles don't mind that.
on July 30, 2015
Great concept, favorite musicians, profound lyric and simple, sweet melodies that my nephews and nice love to sing along with.
Buy this CD for your big and little ones if you know what's good for you. Just do it.