- Paperback: 230 pages
- Publisher: good words right order (January 5, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0578044463
- ISBN-13: 978-0578044460
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.5 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,576,298 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Stories I Told Myself Paperback – January 5, 2010
Pierced by the Sun
A gripping tale of murder and redemption by the author of Like Water for Chocolate. Learn More
Top Customer Reviews
It is clear that Mr. McLean crafts stories with a care for the reader. He may have something he wants to say, but it seems to me he really has something he wants you to hear. He chooses words, sculpts phrases and molds characters for the enjoyment of the reader. This is a book written by someone clearly in love with the English language and storytelling, if not actual spelling and punctuation.
You will find yourself looking for someone to have the same experience that you do. These are stories to enjoy, to share and to revisit. I originally heard them in Mr. McLean's own voice on 'The Seanachai' with my wife and kids. His stories are still a touchstone for us. His cadence and smooth voice are still in my head as I re-read Candy, Bright-lights and Driver's Re-Education.
1) I want the script for the stories so I can rip off parts for my own stories
2) I wanted to help financially support Mr. McLean so he can keep doing what he does.
If you like short stories of all kinds, this collection is for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I too was introduced to Mr. McLean by way of his audio works, particularly The Seanachai. "The Vampire in my Attic" is the first story I heard, and it hooked me. Read morePublished on January 31, 2014 by Scott Churetta
No words I write here will compare to the wit and imagination you could be experiencing by reading Patrick Mclean's books. Read morePublished on December 17, 2010 by Echo Groks