Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on January 4, 2016
Drastically incomplete, lacking actual back story for several of the landmarks or ghosts that were included. And the bonus snippet of bigotry was an unexpected slap. I found myself yelling at the book at times, as it completely skipped over well known actually haunted places to invent new ones, or gave totally false origins to ghost stories. For instance, the Bellevue Biltmore fire was missing (!), and the ghost in the Fort Harrison Hotel had been there since the early 20th century but was attributed to a more salacious origin to suit the author's dislike of the current tenant. There were nearly no sources given, however, so I suppose the inaccuracies can be excused as beginning and ending with the author.
on January 9, 2013
There are not many books specific to the haunted history of St. Petersburg, FL and this book is one to have on the shelf. Being one of the rare native St. Petersburgians (not yet 30 years old), I was intrigued about the stories and history of the places I grew up with and pass by every day. I am not a big reader but I couldn't put this one down. I read half the book the day it arrived. The author is very descriptive with the locations and has obviously done her homework with fact checking. She provides relative historical photos a few witty words which make for a smirk or two each chapter. My only con is that is isn't longer. Maybe a second book including the Crystal Bay Hotel on Central and Park Street or the London Bus Pub in Seminole is in the works?
on September 19, 2013
I really liked this book. I knew about some of the "haunted" places in this book, the nice part was, getting the HISTORY of the who, what and why it is haunted. This book is well written and actually explains the possible reasons why. Told by someone who actually went to all the places, just as you can... the catch is, you now know the ins and outs that he had to uncover. If you ever go to these places you know what to look for and why. Excellent book! Keep it handy if you go "exploring".
on August 13, 2013
I am a real ghosthunter and I live in pinellas county.It was a most interesting and fascinating to read a combination of hauntings, as well as a history to tell the storys!Many of the places I was there as a child.Interesting and reviting!You wont be dissappointed.
on April 5, 2011
Knowing the local 'spooky' history is fun and meaningful... and something you can share with your kids or grandkid leading up to Halloween.
on August 16, 2015
Would like to get in touch with author about maybe book of home i lived in with my five children for five years , with a 3-4 year investigation by brandy and team everything account for evp ect...everyhing i kept a journal for those years was copied by her i lt disappeared a few months later moveing out of state then came back not only all my children but guest to stories later heard, to i was renting homes in roser park when i came back and was approached by the new family in there to answer questions i rented the home of 20 properties homes on hill in roser for land lord was not aloud to bring up nor did me or my children like to discuss the things that took place there other then ms. Sparks team who were very nice, would like to speak with you, im not great with a computer or emailng but would make a great book hust a thought thanks for your time if you ever see this.
on January 20, 2008
Ghost Stories of St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Pinellas County: Tales From a Haunted Peninsula (Haunted American)I am really enjoying this book, with the wonderful stories of ghosts in this area of the country, and the in-depth history. This book is easy to read. I love history and this is done very well. Much kudos to Deborah Frethem in this book. I look forward to other books that she writes. Thank you.
on June 4, 2013
This is a good book from both a historical perspective and a 'story' perspective. Whether about a pirate who was too nice, or about a modern-day murder victim who can't rest, Frethem's book is well researched and concise.