Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 73 reviews
on December 5, 2014
I always read this book to my children in early spring. It was in our public library. We have moved, and when I saw this version, I wanted it for my grandchildren. The features I'd liked best (the beautiful centerfold of all the flowers and bugs emerging, and the line about the children practicing Easter hymns) were missing. The pictures are fuzzy and not the clear originals. It is a poor imitation.
on January 8, 2016
My family adores this story and we have sent several of these books out as gifts directly from Amazon. I just received one at home to take to my brother's house and was shocked to see how tiny the book is. Stupid me, I had never looked at the product dimensions, just assumed it was a normal-sized book like the one my children have. While sweet, this small size really reduces your ability to appreciate the amazing art of Sibylle von Olfers. So, just realize what you are getting.
on October 28, 2015
I agree with reviewers who mentioned small size and appreciated knowing what to expect; the grainy reproduction of the illustrations is somewhat charming and somewhat to be expected for century old pictures converted to a modern format. The story is wonderful.
on October 17, 2015
Looking forward to sharing this tale with my grandchild, although he is making only 16 months in age, but with the awareness and curiosity of my generation's 3 or 4 years old.
The illustrations are beautiful, the words gentle.
Am very satisfied with this enchanting book, a modern yet ageless fairy tale about Mother Earth, the seasons, and the place of little children in this life setting.
Waldorf school approved- which, in itself, is a certification of quality reading to raise a respectful child.
on September 5, 2012
What a disappointment! I ordered this as a gift after owning a copy myself. The print quality is out of focus and slightly askew (so the colors are about 1 mm outside of the lines) and the colors are very faded. This is the eleventh printing from 2011 and the copy I own is the fifth printing, so something must have gone wrong in between. Otherwise this is a wonderful story and has beautiful illustrations, but they are very poorly represented here.
on May 3, 2016
I was expecting a full size picture book, having chosen this from a list of merchants associated with those search terms. This book is beautiful, and arrived quickly, but is only 4" x 5" . Surprisingly adorable, but not large enough to use at library story time as intended.
on July 14, 2017
Sweet and innocent.
on August 2, 2016
This is an incredible story with absolutely precious illustrations. My children beg me to read this repeatedly. It's a great way to illustrate (however imaginative) the cycle of plants throughout the seasons.
on July 9, 2017
beautiful book
on April 29, 2014
I was SO SURE I would love this book - I am a Waldorf teacher and it's kind of a standard, but, well, it's kind of boring, too. There wasn't enough connection between the root children and their flower gowns for my daughter to get it, and it didn't hold her attention like the Elsa Beskow flower people did in Around the Year. Still, it has lovely pictures, and when I bring it out again next spring perhaps she'll relate to it in a different way.