Story Structure Architect Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. Great reference for new situations/ ideas to help your overall story, but especially the often saggy second act
2. Fantastic overview of structures, from traditional to more experimental
3. Challenges you to incorporate new ideas into your present methods to find out what works for you
1. Little advice on how to actually use this system if you're starting from scratch. I walked through the book several times step-by-step, and often felt left hanging in the wind. Needs practical directions on how to put the different parts of this book into direct use in a novel
2. Some of the feminism gets annoying - just put it in the book without having to explain it first (induced eye-rolling)
Overall: Very good reference with tools a writer can implement, but could use a little more practical advice on how to implement the ideas into an actual book.
Personally, I have 3 copies -- 1 I highlight, 1 I keep at home and 1 I keep at work. I have also given this book as gifts to 7 friends, one which is a published author who gives seminars that has thanked me several times for the book.
In fact we liked it so much we gave our copy to a friend as a graduation gift (we couldn't find another copy locally, so she got ours). She is now using the book for her creative writing projects- the girl oozes creativity.
So, I ordered our 2nd copy of this great book recently and we are back to enjoying it...and hopefully one day my husband will get around to actually writing that book he keeps talking about starting!
This is not a book for reading cover to cover. It is more of a reference guide for writers of all experience levels.