Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 76 reviews
on October 16, 2015
This book also includes many Warren Buffett quotes, that can be memorized and used in many situations. really enjoyed the "across the bow" approach; this book gave refreshing insight and wording that cuts through complicated financial knowledge to the heart of what's relevant to the BUYER. The book's essence goes far beyond the social constructs of the time it was written, and its message is readily applicable to mastery of sales, whether products or services.
on May 12, 2015
Storyselling for Financial Advisors is one of the Best books I've ever read to help salespeople clarify their explanations through the simple use of stories and analogies. I've told more than 10,000 advisors about this book and encouraged them to buy it, so that they can help their clients understand investing, asset allocation, the rule of 72, etc.

Neil Wood, author the Amazon Best Selling: The Best Practices of Successful Financial Advisors
on March 15, 2017
Great Product! Worth the money!
on December 23, 2007
I've been in the Financial Services business for over 20 years, and since day one, I've been told to present charts, stats, figures, etc. to clients. This type of process is shoved down our throats in this industry.

Fortunately, I "got it" long ago and began including right-brain thinking into my presentations. This book, however, has crystallized those beliefs and taken me to the next level.

West and Anthony have hit upon a concept that is not necessarily new; however, they have done an excellent job of bringing storyselling to a conscious level for the niche that includes Financial Advisors.

I make decisions for myself and my family via careful analysis of facts (or so I think); however, after much thought (pun not intended), I now realize that my emotions play a larger part of that decision-making process. If I "feel" right about something, it's a done deal. Having stated that fact, I wonder: why should my clients be any different?

We all think in pictures. Contemplate this: when someone tells you something (or you read something), does your mind see the words they say or that you read? No! You see pictures, photos, etc. This is the way we think, and this is the way sales and communication must be approached. Create pictures that depict what people want to achieve (with honesty and with their best interests at heart, of course; this goes without saying), and success is ensured.

This is where storyselling comes in, and this is why this book is so important to those in the Financial Services industry. It cuts to the core of proper communication techniques. This is NOT about manipulation; that would simply be unethical, at the very least. This is purely about finding a better way to communicate your message in a way that will allow others to understand and benefit.

A fantastic volume; I highly recommend it!
on October 13, 2013
I thought the book will give me a variety of sell stories how to electrify the prospect, Which there are some stories in the book, However a big portion of the book explains how the brain of a human being is structured, which in real life who cares, why don't spend way more time in the book presenting stories that help?
on April 4, 2009
Fundraisers: Don't judge this book by its title. I'm a big fan of reading outside the bubble of the fundraising industry. Every so often your reward is you run across a shockingly helpful business book that seems at first glance to have nothing to do with fundraising -- and yet is profoundly helpful with that difficult enterprise. This is one of those titles: Storyselling for Financial Advisors.

But you say, "I'm not a financial advisor." And I say, "Are you so sure, Ms. and Mr. Fundraiser?" You ask strangers to trust you with their hard-earned money, right? Well, this sage book will explain how to do that task far more effectively, especially with mid-sized to major donors, using proven techniques developed by top-selling financial advisors. Among the book's key points: put away your charts and graphs and learn to speak intelligently to the right side of the prospect's brain, the place where the emotions reside.
on November 29, 2014
I was expecting some actual stories that I could use...
on June 17, 2015
Good content, but as with most sales books I read, I always think to myself, "Geez, they could have written this book with half as many words and charged me a lot less for the book."

This one is no different. Love the content, but it could have been a shorter less expensive read in my opinion and been just as effective.
on November 15, 2013
Missing so many of the actual examples of stories. Very long winded and repetitious on why one should use stories.
on November 1, 2009
This is an excellent book that goes to the heart of interpersonal communication in regards to the marketing of financial services but the principals laid out really do apply to any walk of life. Of course, the art of persuasion can be either for good or for greed in this case. I would hope that whoever sits down with individuals and families has it within them to do the right thing and provide financial services for their customer's needs and not just to create personal revenue from a transaction. I was part of a financial seminar given for financial advisers in which Mr. West was a speaker. He indeed embodies the content of this book and I'm sure would have been wildly successful in any avenue of sales or whatever he pursued.