Hill Climb Racing 2 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Straight Up Helicopters in Action [Blu-ray] Filmed In Imax
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on November 30, 2010
I've loved helicopters for as long as I can remember. I've worked two summers in Alaska at the premier Helicopter Tour Guide company in the southeast, and spent a lot of time around them (mostly A-stars, B2's, some conversions, also a 214 and few 500's). This documentary makes me miss them all. The information is accurate, pertinent, interesting and engaging. The aircraft featured are from a wide variety of manufacturers, regions and purposes. The narration isn't spectacular, but I don't watch it because of the writing. I watch it because of the filming. The locations, style and subject all vary for each portion.

I recommend this film to any parent with kids like me, and any helicopter enthusiast, whether your burgeoning or full-blown.
on August 25, 2017
IMAX films are always well done. We watched it several times when first purchased.
on January 2, 2017
This is perfect for anyone who is into helicopters, or in our case a 16-month-old who loves helicopters and rotating blades of many kinds. Informational and visually entertaining. Exactly what I expected.
on December 19, 2016
IMAX puts out sonme really good movies. I'm sorry I wasn't able to see this at an IMAX theatre, but glad I was able to see it and now I have it for whenever I want to watch it.
on October 13, 2014
COOL documentary...could have been longer. .
on August 7, 2011
I bought this for my two year old. He is three now. He has watched this repeatedly during the past year. It is his "go to" video. And the great thing about it is that my husband, older children, and myself enjoyed watching it the first several times too!!! This definitely not a kids video in that it was created for adults, but kids seem to love it. I have bought it for gifts for little boys knowing that parents will thank me.
on August 12, 2017
Learned a lot about how Helos fly, and the different jobs they do.
on March 30, 2013
I have a "chopper" loving adult son, he and his 2 year old sat down and were both totally absorbed by this, it was designed for IMAX theatres so I knew it would be good, wanted to see it myself but had to rush to ship it. The reviews by my son and little grandson were it was the best and most realistic representation of being in and around helicopters that they ever saw
on August 1, 2010
I bought this witht he hopes that it would hold my 2-year-old son's attention for more than 5 minutes. So, I put it on thought I get get a few small chores done.... boy was I wrong. I sat there for half an hour before I could shake myself free. The shots are spectacular and will hold even the youngest of aircraft enthusiast's attention. The DVD is full of insightful information for adults as well. The opening sequence is a bit "corny". Overall, a very cool DVD for everyone.
on December 19, 2016
This was birthday gift for a client and he loved it!