- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (April 28, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071424040
- ISBN-13: 978-0071424042
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,002,169 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Strang Cancer Prevention Center Cookbook 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
From the Back Cover
Put nature's bounty to work in the fight to avert cancer
Research shows that up to 80 percent of all cancers can be prevented through diet and lifestyle changes. You can reduce your risk with a nutritional program based on variety, balance, and moderation. This collaboration between leading cancer prevention experts and top gourmet chefs shows that healthy eating can both fight cancer and please the palate.
One of the nation's leading cancer research facilities, the Strang Cancer Prevention Center has placed diet and lifestyle changes at the foreground of a prevention strategy. Much more than a simple cookbook, this unique resource presents cutting-edge nutritional and scientific data on cancer, along with tantalizing, healthy recipes. In The Strang Cancer Prevention Center Cookbook, you'll learn about:
- Using phytochemicals--the new functional foods--to promote good health
- How to determine the quality of your current diet--and improve it
- Making a delicious eating plan part of your cancer-preventing lifestyle
- Lifestyle modifications designed to minimize cancer risk
Chefs from such world-renowned restaurants as the Four Seasons, Galileo, and Union Square Café serve up more than 100 delicious recipes, including:
- Portobello Mushroom-Stuffed Chiles Rellenos
- Asparagus Salad with Black Truffles
- Herb- and Spice-Crusted Mahimahi with Watermelon Salsa
- Peach and Blueberry Crisp
- Warm Mango and Pear Soup with Fruit Sorbets
The best cure is always prevention. Discover how a healthy diet and lifestyle can keep you fit and cancer-free.
About the Author
Laura Pensiero, R.D., a graduate of the French Culinary Institute in New York, is a dietitian, nutrition educator, and restaurant owner.
Michael Osborne, M.D., is president of the Strang Cancer Prevention Center and a professor at Cornell University Medical College.
Susan Oliveria, Sc.D., M.P.H., is on the faculty at Strang, Cornell University Medical College, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
She's lived another 16 years.