- Hardcover: 544 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (March 28, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316341681
- ISBN-13: 978-0316341684
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.8 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 225 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,542 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Strange the Dreamer Hardcover – March 28, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Laini Taylor is so damn good and like no other."―Leigh Bardugo, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom
* "Gorgeously written in language simultaneously dark, lush, and enchanting, the book will leave readers eager for the next."―Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "...Characters are carefully, exquisitely crafted, the writing is achingly lovely, and the world is utterly real...This is a thing to be savored."―Booklist, starred review
* "[Strange the Dreamer] has all the rich, evocative imagery and complex world-building typical of Taylor's best work. This outstanding fantasy is a must-purchase for all YA collections."―School Library Journal, starred review
* "The luxurious prose and complex world building invites and rewards slow reading....Here readers will find characters to love and ones to hate and, ultimately, a world to be willingly lost in."―Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
* [Readers] will dive into Taylor's gorgeous prose and brilliant imagery and relish this story about dreams, love, monsters, gods, ghosts, war, and alchemy. Told from alternating points of view, this is complex but satisfying, a story about cultures meeting and clashing."―VOYA, starred review
"[Laini Taylor] has spun another mesmerizing tale with captivating twists and turns, an array of intriguing characters, strange and beautiful language, and baroque flourishes of the imagination."―Horn Book
"Lovers of intricate worldbuilding and feverish romance will find this enthralling."―Kirkus Reviews
"The language is rich."―School Library Connection
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
When this book came out I was beyond excited and now I remember why I love this author so much.
She is first and foremost an incredible story teller. I was laughing and crying and had so many expressions on my face while reading this. She has such a beautiful way with words and you feel as if you are reading a poem. She is real and other worldly at the same time. I have never found an author who speaks so much to my soul when I am reading!!!
This book was no exception... Strange the Dreamer was beautiful. I LOVED all the characters especially Strange. I just wanted to live in this world (well mostly the dream world, the real book world has some issues to work out). Everything from start to finish was amazing. Although when it starts to get intense at the end I wanted to perfect prose to stop so I could just find out what happened. But it adds to the suspense and made me love the book even more.
I highly recommend adding the audible book as well... the guy narrating is one of my favorites. My gosh I could listen to his voice all day... well actually I did listen to it for two whole days because it is so lovely.
One of my more favorite descriptions from this book. There is so much to love about this story, none that I will tell you for that is what you should find and embrace for yourself. I will say though this is my first time reading this author's work, but I'm with no doubt of her being a literary beauty. Her descriptions of moments, feelings, and drive make this book one that will so easily not be forgotten. I look so forward to see what comes of our journey for the dreamer. May we all have such a heart in life as comparable to our protagonist and never lose sight of what it means to give for nothing less than because others are in need.
Most recent customer reviews
Let me catch my breath.
This still won't be as much of a review as I want it to be simply because this book changed me.Read more