To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Strange the Dreamer Hardcover – March 28, 2017
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Laini Taylor is so damn good and like no other."―Leigh Bardugo, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom
* "Gorgeously written in language simultaneously dark, lush, and enchanting, the book will leave readers eager for the next."―Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "...Characters are carefully, exquisitely crafted, the writing is achingly lovely, and the world is utterly real...This is a thing to be savored."―Booklist, starred review
* "[Strange the Dreamer] has all the rich, evocative imagery and complex world-building typical of Taylor's best work. This outstanding fantasy is a must-purchase for all YA collections."―School Library Journal, starred review
* "The luxurious prose and complex world building invites and rewards slow reading....Here readers will find characters to love and ones to hate and, ultimately, a world to be willingly lost in."―Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
* [Readers] will dive into Taylor's gorgeous prose and brilliant imagery and relish this story about dreams, love, monsters, gods, ghosts, war, and alchemy. Told from alternating points of view, this is complex but satisfying, a story about cultures meeting and clashing."―VOYA, starred review
"[Laini Taylor] has spun another mesmerizing tale with captivating twists and turns, an array of intriguing characters, strange and beautiful language, and baroque flourishes of the imagination."―Horn Book
"Lovers of intricate worldbuilding and feverish romance will find this enthralling."―Kirkus Reviews
"The language is rich."―School Library Connection
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What ensues is a journey that Lazlo won’t soon forget. Why did Weep disappear two hundred years ago, what is the problem that needs to be solved, and who is the girl named Sarai that keeps showing up in his dreams…and why is she blue?
I’d heard so many rave reviews about Strange the Dreamer, that I decided to pick it up (the gorgeous cover didn’t hurt) and I’m so glad I did! Lazlo is the most innocent little button, and I wanted to shield him from the nastiness of the world for the first half of the book. Ha! I love that he works in a library and has a love of books and storytelling, and I immediately connected with him as a character.
Strange the Dreamer was unlike any other YA or fantasy book I’ve read. The story of Weep was so unique to me, and I loved that it was told in both Lazlo’s perspective as well as Sarai’s perspective. Often, I’m not a huge fan of books that have multiple POV’s because they can get confusing, but this one worked perfectly and added a lot to the background of the story.
This book had it all – beautiful writing, wonderful storytelling, developed characters, action, and romance, and it far surpassed my expectations. I’m eagerly anticipating the next book in the series so I can see what happens next! I loved the way the first book ended. I felt like it made enough progress in the story to where I didn’t feel like I wasted my time reading a 500 page book where nothing happened, but ended at a point where a second book makes sense.
It’s been a very long time since a book made me cry, but this one had tears streaming down my face! The writing was flowy and lyrical, and I really enjoyed reading the book. This was a 4 star read for me, and I recommend that all fans of YA Fantasy pick this one up!
Most recent customer reviews
I really don't know why I hesitated for so long to pick this book up. This was magnificent. Glorious. Excellent.Read more