BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2017
I loved it. Paul LeMat and Nancy Allen are well cast in the sci-fi classic. It has the feel of Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Lots of tongue-in-cheek scenes but can be gripping at times. I gave it 4-of-5 stars. Highly entertaining late night popcorn flick.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2001
I remember seeing Strange Invaders back in the mid 80's. It really was an interesting movie. Now, watching it again, I can see that this film is a great homage to the "alien" movies of the 50's. Many of the scenes (especially the opening scenes) are very dark, murky and a little off focus, but many of the 50's films were this way too. It was made to look like a cheap movie. Even the opening credits are a bit odd. Once the plot gets going though, you are treated to a good story with decent special effects. The cast is top notch and they do a great job with this "tongue and cheek" material. Be sure to listen for an old R.E.M. song in the background (when LeMat is feeding his dog) and look for 2 Lost in Space cast members in small supporting roles. Now, if we can just get this in widescreen and on DVD.....
on January 3, 2017
Invaders from Mars haunted my dreams as a kid. Nice blast from the past, though not nearly as scary when watching it as an adult.
on November 15, 2000
The movie Strange Invaders has been a favorite since I saw it in the early 80's on HBO. The movie, re-released for purchase for the first time since its original release in 1984, heralds very special effects (amazing even by the standards of the new millenium).
This homage to the 1950's martian classics brings together a great cast: Nancy Allen brings a great deal of depth to her role as Betty Walker, the tabloid reporter hot on the trail of the clandestine "visitors". Other actresses may have faltered considereing the circumstances, but Allen takes the ball and runs with it. Her solid performance adds the extra initiative that the viewer needs to actually care what happens to the cast. Paul LeMat, although a usual favorite, plays his role as Charles Bigelow a bit too stiff but for the most gives an impressive performance. Oscar nominees Diana Scarwid (as Margaret, Charlie's alien ex-wife and mother of their child) and Michael Lerner (as Willie, the now-locked-up key to understanding why the aliens are here on earth) co-star with One Flew Over the Kookoo's Nest Oscar Winner Louise Flether, who seems disgusted that after winning an Academy Award, her agent allowed her to get fifth billing in Strange Invaders.
The great special effects, chillingly memorable score, tongue-in-cheek humor mixed with genuine thrills and the great performances (most notably the wonderful Nancy Allen who has been stuck in supporting roles in recent flicks like Steven Soderberg's Clooney-Lopez hit Out Of Sight and the Christopher Walken-Michael Rappaport mafia comedy Kiss Toledo Goodbye)
Yes, it IS Strange, but campy good fun, too. Now MGM just needs to release this on DVD and all will be good....strange, but good.
on April 22, 2013
Wasn't sure what to expect, but this was a nice treat for a low price. I got mine in "Very Good" condition and the disc was without a scratch inside a case with few flaws. Both films are good DVD transfers and each has separate features. Invaders from Mars has 2 brief Electronic Press Kit features, which repeat some of the same info, but are really nice to have for a Saturday Matinee. Strange Invaders features an audio commentary by the director and the writer, and both of these guys have some good comments to offer, which only add to the value of this release. This was fun thanks to a couple of solid widescreen transfers, some appropriate extras, and an average Saturday afternoon. As stated, these are not A-level films, but if they were it wouldn't say Midnight Movies at the top of the artwork. For sci-fi fans interested in a bit of an 80's B-Level flashback, this package is well worth the $3 that I paid for it, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on January 22, 2017
A flashback to my childhood of a sleepover we had. I was glad to finally see the whole movie, because I fell asleep about halfway through it, in 1983. So thirty four years later, I achieved my goal. :-)
on April 27, 2017
Love it.
on July 17, 2013
I came across this movie while scowering the net. I found one new copy for $45.00 said it was out of print and rare. I looked and found one in my price range and it was a super movie. Glad I bought it.
on November 29, 2012
This is my "back up" copy. I am afraid this dvd will be taken out of distribution so bought it as my back up in case I wear ,y first one out. I often do this. So do I love it, yes, or I wouldn't have a back up.
on January 26, 2014
Nancy Allen is one of my favorites. Movie corny but fun. It is fun to watch and see some of the familiar characters seen on TV and movies.