Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Dark Stranger The Dream (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 356 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 1 of 46 in The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "I.T. Lucas's talent for the written word certainly deserves its own unambiguous round of applause. If not for the aforementioned, then certainly for the accolade due to a read engrained with a flawless buildup and execution of developments." - OnlineBookClub.org
- "Definitely More Interesting than Twilight!" --TOP 500 REVIEWER
- " Paranormal romance at its finest" --TOP 1000 REVIEWER
- " Best series I've read so far."--Amazon customer
- Awesome story, intriguing characters, Romance and intrigue that draws one in. Better than Shades of Grey by a mile." --Amazon customer
- "No one can write like I.T. Lucas!" --Amazon customer
- " Best new series! Joins my other favs like J. R. Ward & Angela Knight. Read this book!I stumbled on this book as a suggestion from Amazon to try their kindle unlimited and the reviews for it listed it a favorite to people who also liked my other favorite authors such as J.R Ward, Angela Knight etc...so I said why not. I'm always looking for other series, other authors that create books/stories that not only make me stay up all night reading but also I enjoy re-reading many times. Let me tell you, this story, this author has done that with a unique story & characters that had me hooked from the very beginning! I have read all 11 books within 4 days as I just couldn't stop reading! I am eagerly awaiting the next book & I know this will join my other top favorite series that I will read over and over again! I have lots of books and series I read but only a select few that keep me coming back to relive the adventure as only these authors can tell it. I hope this author keeps writing and sharing her imagination with us. There are so many characters in this series with stories yet to be told & I'm so looking forward to those! If you like the authors I mentioned above & like supernatural/fantasy/romance genre, please read this book! It will hook you & you will not regret it! I actually hardly ever leave reviews (never want to put down my books lol) but this author deserves to have as many readers as possible. Now I'm selfish because I really just want her to keep writing ;) but I also know if it wasn't for others reviews, this probably wouldn't have caught my eye & that is a terrible thought. So read these books!!! :)"--Amazon customer
- "Incredible world building, awesome characters, I'm hooked!" --Amazon customer
- "I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!" I was trying to find a series similar to the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward and this hit the nail on the head! I finished the entire series within two weeks and I cannot wait for Book 9 to release!" --Amazon customer
- "I.T. Lucas is the Stephen Spielberg of paranormal writing. I'm in love with the story line and all the characters. It is done so well that you miss these people while waiting for the next book to come out. I will forever be a fan and hope this series NEVER comes to an end. These books are classy, tasteful and oh so deliciously exotic. If you like J.R. Ward and J.L. Drake, you will absolutely be a fan of I.T. Lucas. Love, love, love them!! Hurry up with your next book please."--Amazon customer
- "Was looking for a new series to read while waiting for my favorite authors to write new books. J.D Robbs, BDB series, kresley Cole's immortals after dark to name a few.I ordered the 1st book in this series, "The dream" just to see. I couldnt put that book down. Ordered 4 more and hoped they would also be as good. Devoured them. Ordered 6 more to bring me up to book 11. I just started book 8 and I am ordering 12 and will get 13 as soon as it comes out."--Amazon customer
- "Absolutely perfect! One of the best book series I've ever read! I'm still trying to find something I like as much as this to read now!!!"--Amazon customer
- "You HAVE to read this! Wow. This book was the beginning to my new addiction. The writing is amazing. I quickly became so immersed in this unique story. In fact, I became so invested in the characters that I just kept reading. And reading. And reading. I finished this series in two weeks. I just couldn't wait to see what happened next. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next installment!"--Amazon customer
- "This series drew me in from the first page of the first book. It is a fascinating exciting and riveting saga that I find spellbinding. I am sure that like me you cant help but be drawn in to its magic and charisma as it weaves its way into your mind. Hats off to the author, you have joined my list of greats!"-- Amazon customer
- "Lucas' characters are unique, richly interesting, and they have depth. I generally do not like reading sex scenes, because so often the are crudely or poorly written. Lucas is an exception. She writes about lovemaking tastefully and well. It is a pleasure to read her books."--Amazon customer
- "I love this series. I am a huge BDB fan..never miss a book EVER. Now I have added this series to that list. So well written and never drags on--always a page turner. And it is not typical stuff, it is very unique! An absolute must read!."--Amazon customer
- "J R Ward meet L T Lucas. I am a huge fan of J R Ward and her Brotherhood books. While awaiting her latest book, I was on Facebook and read someone's recommendation for these books. The phrased their opinion as "if you loved J R Ward, get ready for an equally great series". I had to see if they were right. Needless to say, I'm on my 8th book.--Amazon customer
- "One of the best in the genre. This is an awesome supernatural romance series. It falls under the category of some of the best out there in this genre."--Amazon customer
- "Love Love Love this book! This book had me hooked right from the beginning! I had to read every book in the series one right after the other and I can't wait for the next! This is probably the best series I've read and that's saying a lot since some of my favorite Authors are JR Ward, Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon!" --Amazon customer
- "Drop everything to get into this fantasy world! Spellbinding! Fantasy, action packed, thriller and passionate all at once. Absolutely sucked me in from the very first chapter. I really enjoy reading a book with different characters views and what they are feeling and doing with the plot when reading a book. They kept my attention and couldn't wait to get the next book once I finished the one I was reading. Very addictive and spellbinding. I have read all 9 books and am waiting for the next one to come out. You won't regret ordering this entire collection.--Amazon customer
- "I am in love with this series and cannot get enough! I try to find minutes here and there throughout my day to keep reading the captivating stories of each of the characters. I.T. Lucas, you have yourself another loyal fan who is excited to read anything that you write! Keep up the great work!" --Amazon customer
- "A MUST READ SERIES! Especially for Adults who Love a Shade of Vampire books. I can't get enough of this series. I'm now on the 7th book & hate that I am going to have to wait for #8.The author develops the characters, but keeps you in the dark about some so you want to read more and see what happens. It is scary that I feel like I'm living the lives along with the characters, as I read more of the story & series. I also love that the author not only gives you a complete story for a couple within a few books, but she keeps you wondering about the next couple and what will happen in their story!"--Amazon customer
- "Exceptional masterpiece: Incredible writing, I have not put down the book since I downloaded. Read it in one day.--Amazon Reviewer
- "You make the reader feel like you are there experiencing the emotions of the characters.I can not get enough, wish you could write the stories faster, I know I am being selfish but you do bring it out of me."--Amazon customer
- "I am obsessed!!!! So addictive I wasn't much of a reader before nothing really called my attention. Thanks to your wonderful writing skills and imagery I have became a reader. I read all 14 books in your series in just a week. From the person that never pick up a book in her life it was so exciting. I fell in love with each character. I can't wait to see what happens! Thank you so much for Awakening this in me. My husband thanks you too. ;-)"--Amazon customer
- "Excellent series that I highly recommend Excellent series that I highly recommend. I have purchased all 14 books so I am obviously addicted. You really find yourself being drawn into this Children of the Gods world, their ethical struggles, personal dreams and desires. The sex scenes are an interesting blend of fantasy and sex, the characters are all highly individual and you are drawn into their lives, what haunts them, what drives them, their intelligence and morality. Then there is the larger world philosophy of the Immortals vs the DOOMers, that kind of reminds me of author Gloria Vitanzia Basile's world philosophy trilogy from the 1980s about how powerful factions behind the scenes manipulate world events in a power grab of greed to promote their various agendas. It's a scenario that has played out over the millennia just here with a paranormal twist loosely based in Sumerian and Greek mythology and lore. I am now invested in these characters. I appreciate that Lucas resolves their lives with HEA endings after overcoming great personal obstacles. Dalhu and Amanda's love is a classic story of hope, finding a common ground and over coming prejudice and adversity. And poor Kian, he needs to take a nice long vacation with his love Syssi, that poor man works too hard!"--Amazon customer
- "YOU BLEW ME AWAY! I admit i started reading your books with hesitation i am a huge paranormal reader. I started reading not wanting to like let alone even bother finishing......WELL WRONG!! YOU BLEW ME AWAY! I COULD NOT PUT THEM DOWN. I HAVE NEVER EVER EMAILED AN AUTHOR TO TELL THEM HOW SHOCKED I WAS TO NOT ONLY LOVE YOUR BOOKS BUT I HAVE BEEN BRAGGING ON THEM TO EACH OF THE BOOK CLUBS I BELONG TO. YOU ARE SUCH A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! THANK YOU DOES NOT SEEM LIKE ENOUGH BUT WORDS CAN ONLY SAY SO MUCH!! I WORK ALOT AND HAVE A VERY HIGH STRESS JOB. I AM A FEMALE FIREFIGHTER SO MY "ME" TIME IS LIMITED.....I GLADLY GAVE IT ALL TO READ YOUR BOOKS. I SO HOPE YOU KEEP GOING IN THIS SERIES FOR YEARS TO COME! THANK YOU AGAIN!"--Amazon customer
- "Let me preface this by saying that I am a fan of JR Ward's BRB and Sherilynn Kenyon's League, Nemesis Rising and Pride and Prejudice. This series ranks right up there with them. A dark brooding hero meets his match in the first book, Dark Stranger, The Dream. The rest of the series builds on the first. All of them are good and unlike the other two series I did not have to wait a year for the next book."--Amazon customer.
- "Best paranormal series ever! I've always been a great fan of this genre but this series has to be the best of all! Lucas has created an amazing world."
- This is by far the best series I've ever gotten hooked on! The only one I've reread! Fabulous!
From the Author
The story behind The Children Of The Gods series.
Myths as persistent and as prevailing as those of the vampire, the shapeshifter, and other mythical creatures, as well as modern-day UFO and alien sightings, may not be purely the product of overactive imaginations. What if at the source of those myths were events and personalities that left an impact so profound that their echoes could be heard in the mythologies of civilizations continents and millennia apart? Could they perhaps originate from realistic hallucinations induced by members of an advanced species who exhibit some of the characteristics of those mythical creatures? More than seven thousand years ago, the first advanced human civilization appeared out of nowhere. Archeological records show that the Sumerians knew about the solar system and placed the sun at its center, had schools for children, girls and boys, established laws to protect personal property, and afforded women the kind of rights they hadn't enjoyed since Sumer's decline and up until modern times. The Sumerians accredited their gods with providing the blueprints for their civilization and their advanced scientific knowledge, as well as the creation of humankind itself - a hybrid the gods engineered by combining the genetic material of a god with that of a lesser creature.The abbreviated version of their creation myth isn't the only one to find its way into the bible, albeit modified to fit its monotheistic agenda. Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden are there as well. Though in the Sumerian version, the snake is a sympathetic god who decides to grant humans knowledge of a carnal nature (which is the way the term knowledge, or to know is used throughout the bible), giving humans the ability to procreate, which as hybrids they previously lacked. Another god, the head of the Sumerian pantheon, considers humans' rapid procreation a threat to the gods (implying that the gods were not as fruitful) and throws them out of the gods' garden.
Find out more about the Children of the Gods Series at ★ itlucas.com ★ and don't forget to check out the specials ☞ ★ itlucas.com/specials ★
- File size : 2568 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 356 pages
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B0101EUY1O
- Publication date : July 2, 2015
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,111 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Caution: Spoilers ahead.
All the greatest stories are founded on the never ending war between good and evil.
The characters in The Children of The God series are literally larger than life, especially Kian, the leader of his clan of Immortals, and son of Annani, the only remaining goddess in existence. Kian and his sister Amanda live in America, in a secure compound with others of their kind. Their immortality is kept a secret from the rest of the world, although they actively work and socialize with humans. They are the good immortals. They've been at war for centuries with another, much larger group of immortals, lead by a wicked man who is intent on the destruction of Annani and her descendants...
I liked Lucas' concept of gods and goddesses, and their immortal children existing, and thus being the foundation of so many of the myths and legends found in our cultures. The gods and immortals are flawed as are humans. Some are very good and some are wicked...
In a creative twist, the immortals have venomous fangs that are induced by aggression or arousal. They are able to "thrall" the minds of humans into forgetting, which suggests immortals may be the basis for the many vampire legends. Some immortals have additional paranormal abilities, which leads Annani's daughter, Amanda, a neuroscientist and researcher working at a university, to postulate that humans with paranormal abilities may actually be dormant immortals. She searches for "dormants" through using her research into paranormal abilities.
Lucas' characters are unique, richly interesting, and they have depth. I generally do not like reading sex scenes, because so often the are crudely or poorly written. Lucas is an exception. She writes about lovemaking tastefully and well. It is a pleasure to read her books.
On a final note, Lucas' story describes a world in which those in power who are good, try to lift up the rest of the world and help others. Those who are evil, spread the evil using their power, wealth and greed. Unfortunately, we are seeing this today in our world in the treatment and oppression of women, children and gays in some cultures of our world.
Let us hope that good, will ultimately conquer evil in reality, as it usually does in fiction.
I LOVE IT. I'm on the 7th book currently and I love the storyline. The characters are awesome and the immortal touch
keeps it interesting. I especially love the characters Annani and Kian. Even though the series is "immortal", the conversations
are believable and the romantic scenes not as far fetched as some of the romance out there. I downloaded the first 11 books
as a package deal through Amazon and have now downloaded books 12 and 13. You won't be disappointed!
Top reviews from other countries
Syssi - a paranormal perceptive, who might be a dormant and therefore able to breed with those descendands and carry on the line.
A refreshing take on aliens, other species, human myths and lore and how it all intermingles.
I mostly enjoyed this book and I loved the concept.
The author has obviously got copious knowledge and interest in various fields, which she works conceptually into her book.
There is too much telling and little showing.
Having said that, though: the story makes more than up for it.
Will definitely reading more of this author.
It's not JR Ward, but it's a world in its own right, with its own creatures and rules. Don't be fooled - aliens are no vampires.
Liked the camaraderie and in family banter.
Really liked the fact they didn't end up straight in the sack at page 40, as many books seem to do but explored the budding albeit reluctant, relationship first until both came to the same conclusion that they needed each other but for more than just sex.
I'll be getting the next book to see how the story continues.