Other Sellers on Amazon
Strangers With Candy: Season 2
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Yes You Can't! - During Career Week at Flatpoint Mr. Jellineck quits to follow his dreams of being a painter, while Jerri tries to discover just what her dreams are.
2) Behind Blank Eyes - Jerri falls for an ambitious blind boy named Alan who, despite staunch opposition from the school, aspires to play football for Flatpoint High.
3) The Virgin Jerri - Jerri reclaims her virginity and fights with her animal instincts as a date with a notorious cherry popper threatens to end her mission of purity before it's begun.
4) The Goodbye Guy - The Blanks are stricken with a death in the family, and now Jerri must learn how to deal with the loss of an important figure in her life.
5) Hit and Run - Jerri and Mr. Noblet must deal with intense guilt after playing a part in a horrible hit and run accident which has robbed Mr. Jellineck of his most prized possession, his own face.
6) The Blank Page - With dreams of becoming a cheerleader, Jerri attempts to learn how to read, and overcome the shame of her illiteracy.
7) To Love, Honor, and Pretend - The lines of reality begin to blur during a fake marriage exercise in Health Class led by Coach Wolf and Mr. Jellineck who act as an example of a "good marriage" for students, including a clueless Jerri, to follow.
8) The Blank Stare Part 1 - Looking for love in all the wrong places, Jerri drops out of Flatpoint High for a freaky cult.
9) The Blank Stare Part 2 - The Flatpoint faculty kidnaps Jerri in a desperate attempt to deprogram her from a cult clone back into a high school drone.
10) A Price Too High for Riches - When an expensive sneaker takes Flatpoint by storm, a financially challanged Jerri learns that sometimes money is a girl's best friend.Read more ›
-The Virgin Jerri
-Behind Blank Eyes
-Yes You Can't
-The Goodbye Guy
-The Blank Page
-Hit and Run
-To Love, Honor and Pretend
-The Blank Stare (Part 1)
-The Blank Stare (Part 2)
-A Price Too High for Riches
My favorite episode is Hit and Run. Noblet and Jellineck are priceless in this one. This whole season is better than good, its gooder. ...
in an age where the vast majority of non-sitcom comedy shows are parody humor (i.e. SNL, MadTV) it's a breathe of fresh air to see something so inventive, creative, and politically incorrect; the central theme to this show is the satiring of the "after-school special" mentality; where in the end, the protagonist discovers some new enlightening, cathartic revelation about life and everything is okay again, but it's much more complex than that. the writers toss in some of the most bizarre dialogue, often laced with double negatives and contradictions (such as "must be great to hope for the things you wish you wanted", etc ...)
all in all, this show is certainly not for everyone. as amy sedaris (jerri blank) said herself in an interview: "I'm glad everyone doesn't like it, that would mean i was doing something wrong." amen.
In many respects the second season of Strangers with Candy is better than the first. The characters are fully realized and their behavior becomes even more outrageous. The dialog is sharp and the scenarios more absurd. The writing and directing for this show does a fantastic job of playing up to the talent of the principal actors. Throw in some fantastic guest stars and this season is not to be missed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Strangers with Candy is one of the most demented and ridiculous shows that I've ever seen, it's absolutely BRILLIANT! Amy Sedaris is a comic genius!!Published 13 months ago by Moss79
Amy Sedaris is back as Jerri Blank! It also has Steven Colbert who is so funny as Mr. Nobblet.Published 14 months ago by Sheila Rominger
I'm a bigger fan of Season 2 than I am of the first season. So if you're watching for the first time, start with season 2. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Shawkins