Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization, Concepts
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 21, 2016
I have this on my kindle fire generation5. It works just fine. Easy to read format is good not all messy. But I originally got the 7 day trial and now that I bought the book and the trial expired it wouldn't let me access the book. So then I had to go into my amazon account via computer and look at my digital orders and have it sent to my kindle it downloads way slower than the 7 week trial did.
on October 11, 2015
Amazon took a whole six days before even mailing this to me, so it showed up another quite a bit after that, the very night before the class. I managed to read one chapter, needed to read two, sort of pissed me off that it took so long to get here in the States! Don't know if I will use Amazon fulfillment again after this.

The text is something you could rent for the class, then return. Some chapters, just about sentence in the book has a number for the references at the back at the chapter. So, although it contains some interesting concepts, to me there is not a whole lot of original thought here that is not already covered in your earlier class text books. A lot rehashing things from early texts and even other chapters. Sometimes things are stated a bit nebulously. Reminds me too much of the International Business class I just took, it's knowledge that won't stand still and will change, so it is not necessarily foundational or something you would retain in a professional library as a reference. I personally do not recommend buying this book. My professor said it is a well respected text, but I am not so impressed. Typeface is small and hard to read if you have glasses like I do. I use 2.75 power reading glasses for it. We are not using the Case Studies at all, which are about half of, or the second part of the book. Maybe the real magic lies there, but we are not using them, so I will just read all the chapters and return it, only 5 left. I only keep the hard core books for my MBA library, for subjects like Accounting and Comprehensive Financial Management. I do not see value in buying this book. Rent it, read it, return it.
on June 27, 2016
Be careful with this publisher. Somehow I rented this kindle version textbook for only 1 month at $50. I don't know if it was really only 1 month or if there was a glitch with the system because any other textbook I've ever rented has had a minimum of 3 months. Today when I came back to look at rental options I couldn't only rent it for 3 months for $60. Therefore, I really got ripped off so be careful. Because this is sold by the publisher and not Amazon they said they can't really help me other than giving me a $15 credit. So for a book that I could rent now for 3 months, it is going to cost me another $45 dollars on top of the $50 I already paid and I will have it for another 3 months when I only have 6 weeks left in my class.

If this was my mistake and I rented it for 1 month by mistake then that's my fault. But the fact that now I can only rent it for 3 months makes me really question this whole experience. Amazon said they would provide feedback to the publisher but I'm not holding out much hope that they will care.
on January 22, 2016
The text itself is ok. However, I was not told pages were missing. I am in chapter four and I am missing seven pages. It scares' me to go beyond chapter four. Also, it was disclosed that it was copied three ring binder pages. Needless to say, I supplement this edition (11th) with the 10th, I bought on Ebay.
on July 11, 2014
I've read several strategic management textbooks, most of them are hard to finish, but this one is written in a way that makes it easy to understand strategic management.
on September 11, 2015
The book is exactly as described, and the time for it to get to me was excellent. Everything about this process was great. I'm only renting the book, and I know the return process will be great too when it is time. Great process all the way!!!
on October 17, 2007
This is a comprehensive book on strategic management with a focus on competitiveness and globalisation. The authors clearly, thoroughly and methodically discuss the strategic management theory and concepts and provide interesting insights, concepts, tools and perspectives for effective strategy formulation and implementation.

The book is well written, well presented and has several useful and helpful case studies that reinforces the concepts and ideas presented in the book. It is very practical and with many good examples. I would recommend strategy consultants and senior business executives to read this informative, practical and insightful book on strategic management. The book is also useful and handy for students doing an MBA or other postgraduate studies in business.
on September 15, 2014
I ordered the Kindle version of this book. It is not as easy to use as other e-book I have purchased on Amazon because the contents tool does not contain descriptions or a real table of contents. The contents tool for this book only has links to the chapter numbers and case numbers. For example, chapter 1 under contents is listed as "CHE-HITT11E-12-0403-001". Other than that issue, the text is as expected.
on September 14, 2015
When I recieved the book it was covered in something dark becuase something was spilled on it. The pages were stuck together. Pretty disappointed l:(
review image
on July 20, 2015
Book came all taped and beat up. The front cover was clearly taped upside down. When I opened the book it was just horrendous.