|Print List Price:||$6.95|
Save $5.96 (86%)
9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform: A Step-by-Step Book Marketing Plan to Get More Exposure and Sales Kindle Edition
|Length: 58 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Things I particularly liked:
1. This book was quick, concise and to the point! It wasn't long and drawn out filled with a lot of fluff. When it comes to non-fiction, especially marketing books I prefer a quick, yet detailed read that gets to the meat of why I'm even reading the book. This book is that!
2. The 9 Step Formula of Build & Grow. This formula is incredibly easy to understand and it helps to easily shift the information into perspective for you to actually get it. It's quite practical too.
3. Content not Links. This book actually focuses on the content and every page isn't filled with a whole bunch of links back to the author's website.
Things to note: Some chapters are not as long as others and possibly detailed. Like I said I like concise and quick but some were just BASIC.
Overall this was a good foundation-starter read with lots of value to offer.
That kind of thinking stemmed from a comment after my first book was published: “It must have taken a big ego to write that!”
So, I quit planning to tell everybody about it. Nevertheless, it sold 7,000 copies before it went out of print. That was almost totally because of name recognition because of my prolific writing for Christian publications, not marketing.
My brand is “Stick-to-Your-Soul-Encouragement” so I should have been secure in the purpose for my writing when that volume was published in 1978 where I shared many testimonies of the miraculous along with my struggles with spiritual growth. Finally, Shelley tells me, “Whenever you have a message to share, whether it is a fiction book that entertains or a non-fiction message that inspires or educates, you’re helping someone.“ That is the purpose for marketing a Christian book.
She has written a great training manual on how to grow an author platform, and reach a target audience that needs the content. She includes how-to examples and specifics. I will visit this book again and again, and I recommend it, especially to Christian writers—and hopefully market without guilt.
Note: I was given a review copy by the author for my honest review.
Growing and building our author platform needs balance. A book cannot be written in one day. An author platform cannot be built in one day. Finding a balance between writing and marketing is so important.
Most often, I find myself focusing more on the marketing when I am in between writing books. I could and should be doing some of both daily. The book appears to be promising to assist me with this challenge.
Shelley Hitz spells out within the acronyms B.U.I.L.D and G.R.O.W the steps to find the balance of writing and marketing that will increase readership, which will in turn reach more people with the message we as authors want to convey, and there will be an increase in the sales of our books.
The part about building a personal website will be very useful for me. I especially like the suggestion of offering a free chapter in pdf form through an email system.
Hitz' advice within "9 Strategies to BUILD and GROW Your Author Platform" will help get me to center stage, where I will reach beyond the very valuable, but small readership that I have now.
Please note I was provided this book by the author in exchange for my honest review
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thank you, Shelley!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Small Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Web Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction