- Series: Inside the Minds
- Paperback: 220 pages
- Publisher: West, Aspatore Books (August 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0314278508
- ISBN-13: 978-0314278500
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,958,747 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Strategies for Defending Sex Crimes: Leading Lawyers on Understanding the Current Sex Crimes Environment and Building a Thorough Defense (Inside the Minds)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Top customer reviews
The advice given was basic and mostly out of date. As an example, one author's war story from the middle 1990's is no longer really applicable. However, I think the author just wanted to drop some famous guy's name to make himself sound important. After reading this book/magazine, I then read the back cover. The back cover identified all these different parts of the book. The back cover's description was not really accurate. Actually, two areas the back cover identified were not even covered in the book (do not expect to learn anything regarding physical evidence of sex crimes except they tell you to hire an expert). The book was written by about 7 lawyers each writing a chapter as if the reader just got out of law school and is an idiot about criminal law. Each of them tells the reader to work hard but be civil to all parties (and other very basic stuff). You could change the words "sex crimes" to "drug crimes" and sell the book as a drug crimes defense book because the theories were of such a basic nature that they included every type of criminal defense case. However, I bet each chapter's author spent a good hour to an hour and a half writing their part of the book/magazine throwing in a war story or two.
While I mentioned this above, it is worth saying again. Only about 5% of the book actually applies to sex crime defense and the other 95% is basic criminal defense that you learn in the first week of practicing. It was a complete waste of money. One lawyer tells you to not attack a child victim on the stand during cross examination or you might make the jury angry. If you are stupid enough to attack a child who was sexually abused, then please choose another career as you will obviously not qualify as a master of the obvious.
I saw Thomson Reuters backed this book so I assumed they had a good standard of quality. I was horribly mistaken. There were even grammar and spelling mistakes. I would sell it for $1 but I would be cheating you out of a dollar and shipping. Save yourself the money as I can sum the book up now: if you take a sex crime case, work hard on it as it will be a tough case with big consequences. There, now you don't have to read the book as I told you what is said. Yes I did shorten it a little, but very little.
I am calling Thomson Reuters and complaining about this book. Obviously I was quite disappointed.