Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Huge Game World With 4 Nations And 60 Towns.
- 8 Special Scenarios For A Quick And Easy Start.
- 16 Different Ship-Types.
- Open Ended Game With Endless Detail And Game Depth.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Caribbean in the 17th Century - You will trade with over 60 towns and create your own production facilities. Escort ships for your convoys are needed, or you can turn the tides and hunt for pirates or capture the military ships. You can also take on missions for merchants, diplomats and other characters.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Runs on Windows 7 64 bit without a hitch. I've bought some games that crash on Windows 7 while playing the game. So, I have to save a lot on those games. Not this game Port Royal can be played for hours without crashes.
*** New update concerning Windows 7 **** As I said it works on windows 7 with no problem but this game doesn't like either the newer video cards or just AMD based video cards. Not sure really because it doesn't work with my new video card which is AMD based. Don't guess it's all that new either it's a 307x model. at any rate it doesn't work anymore. maybe a rollback to old drivers would work but that's too much trouble for one game. Worked fine with my old 470 nvidia based card.
Okay , I just bought a new Nvidia video card and just installed it AND it works again. SO, it's a video card problem not a Windows problem. So, if you have a AMD video card try "rolling back" the driver by uninstalling it and finding a driver from AMD the same year this game came out. Can't say it will work because I never tried ,but, it does work with nvidia without any problems.
1. As has been mentioned, it takes 30 minutes or so, of focusing on one new trade captain to develop him enough trade experience to set out on an automatic trade route. As the game progresses, that can get tedious. You can check out the inn at each port, and hope to run on to a more experienced captain hanging out, so you can hire him instead, and perhaps cut that time, but I would make it so you could dispense with the experience to setup a trade route, especially later in the game, when you want to focus on other things.
2. Attacking harbors with 10 cannons can also get tedious ... I wish there was a more fun way to do that. Perhaps an option to allow your convoy to do that automatically, and then just skip the battle and get the results (win or lose).
3. I wish there were a pathway to gain nation status on your own, so you could then go to war with a nation, and fight without a letter of marque without affecting your status with other nations, and most importantly, so you could ultimately attack and annex cities under your own flag.
4. I wish it were a little easier to find all of the artifacts, and obtain this legendary steam ship I have only read about.
5. I wish there were ways to change the goods your cities can produce.
Most of all, I just wish the game was continuing to evolve, and that we could look forward to a Port Royale 3 ????
Most recent customer reviews
Put a number on a card in front of a monkey, and the monkey puts the number in slot after slot.Read more