Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 22, 2009
I ordered this for my husband for a Fathers Day gift & he loves it. It was extremely easy to set up. I really like the convenience of it folding up for easy storage when not in use. It is heavy enough to be sturdy yet light enough to pick up and move around.

My only negative comment is the length: My husband is 5'10" and the hammock is just about right for him. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone much taller than that. Other than that it is a great product!
11 comment| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 13, 2010
I purchased this Hammock for 2 reasons one was for it's portability to use at home or camping,two was for it's storage profile.I got more than i bargained for, it is extremely portable and strong. It practically set up itself,and to break it down is quick and easy. I have 2 small kids and we do many outdoors activities(camping,fishing,picnics,etc.), so i wanted something more than a recliner or a cot. I wanted a recreational and a relaxing piece of furniture. This Hammock fits the bill.
Now don't get too excited it's called a Hammock but it does not have the full swing of a traditional Hammock. This is also why i bought this type, due to the unsafe nature of a traditional Hammock. Especially around small kids wanting to play on the hammock. How many times have people including myself have had mishaps attempting to either get on or get off a regular hammock. Yes they are fun until someone or someone's child gets hurt badly, we laugh at the small accidents but pay for the big one's. My wife and kids had a ball on it,the material is very durable and easy on the skin. It comes with a pillow, but you have to air it out to fluff it up(no big deal). You can leave it outside in the weather only if you have a good neighborhood, it might grow legs and vanish. It does have a little swing but it won't let you flip over.
I am 5'7" 200 lbs.,and my wife is 4'10" 100 lbs., we were on the hammock playing with the kids total weight 397 lbs. It handled us easily. I fell asleep comfortably while reading to my kids as they too passed out. The length is more than i needed and was wide enough for 2 adults of medium stature or 1 adult with 2 sons and a caps for sale bedtime story.
Ok now for the tech. stuff, it's a little heavy due to the material and the heavy duty frame/chains. Easy to clean any messes, folds easy and neatly into it's carry bag w/pillow. Safe for kids to be around.
I have recommended this hammock to all who want the easy and safe outdoor fun.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2013
I can't believe the price of this item. It is easily worth double the $$$. It is as easy as setting up a canvas chair. Slip it out of it's bag, pop it up and attach the hammock. The top and bottom of the frame look similar, just make sure the smaller swing material has the writing facing up, and that's it.

The materials are extremely durable and sturdy. The product is well made, and it cost almost the same as a camp chair!!!. I didn't even need the instructions to unfold it. Packing it up in its bag is just as easy. I'm disabled (legs injured in a car accident) and I use hammocks to keep my legs up and for rest. I am amazed how sturdy this product is for being a portable hammock.

I had my deck redone and my huge Lands' End hammock was too big. This one fits perfect and it is portable so I can take it camping or on vacation. Note: When packed it is big. I is about 4 times bigger than a portable chair and the proportional weight as well. It is also short and sized for one person. My small heeler can curl up by my feet, but not my shepherd. If you are 6 feet or taller your feet might stick out, but this is a portable hammock, one size fits all, and just like a portable chairs it can't fit everyone, but for a normal sized person, this is great!!!
VINE VOICEon December 9, 2009
Just purchased two of these and couldn't be more pleased. Delivery was very prompt and each hammock came packed in its own carry case made of durable canvas. Set-up is super simple, just pull out of the case, set on the floor and expand the feet then slide the actual hammock rings around the four corners. Takes less than two minutes from start to finish. No need for pulling or tugging to stretch hammock to the corners - instead, each is fitted for easy installation without the need for strength.

Mesh fabric for the hammock construction is strong, easy to clean and feels very durable. A small pocket beneath the hammock makes great storage for the carry case, wet towels or other needs. A small pillow comes complete with the set - all in a neutral color. Stable but comfortable for adults of average height. Will not easily tip or tumble (you'd have to work at it)due to four corner adjustments rather than one. Nice height especially for middle aged (or older) users that don't want to risk being "dumped" or struggle in/out of regular hammocks.

Superb set for taking along to the beach, park or other areas where setting up a hammock would normally be a pain or simply not allowed. Also wonderful for backyard use when a permanent setting isn't desirable. Company will LOVE these instead of lawn chairs so buy extras!
After we set this up in my daughter's yard, we had a tornado pass over with two inches of rain in a matter of minutes. Everything in the yard, including her gazebo collapsed. This simply sat there and didn't even really get wet - the water passed right through.

That was my first impression - since my old four-point hammock would sit wet till the sun got to dry it out. The second thing you should know is that this is very easy to set up and put away, a few pushes and you are done.

The third most important point is that this is tall enough to sit down on. A lot of four point hammocks that have stands are too low to the ground to get in and out of easily, and I must confess that it is a consideration for me. This is easy in, easy out, and nicely firm. Perfect for reading or relaxing.

HOWEVER - Less than a month after putting this up, It collapsed when my daughter was trying to get out of it when one of the plastic connectors broke. Thumbs down ...
on January 19, 2015
Hammock was fairly easy to assemble.. Only had to unfold the frame & attach the hammock. However, when 140# person lay down on the hammock, it crumpled. One of the plastic attachments at a fold in the frame broke. Now I have to find another box to send this very heavy item back to Amazon. The box it came in was very much the worse for the wear from it's trip from Amazon to my home and can't be reused. Would prefer to take a picture of the damaged/defective item, send it along to Amazon and throw this thing out. But.....I want my refund so will go thru all that is necessary to get this back to them.
on January 13, 2015
My husband had been wanting a hammock, but we really didn't have anywhere for him to tie one up. This is perfect. We've also thrown it in the truck for camping trips. It goes up easy and is super comfy.

***UPDATE*** after a year and a half (it has a 2 year warranty), the plastic joints have snapped. Neither my husband or I am very heavy, we never lay on it together, and it has been stored inside since we bought it. I emailed the company directly (per them offering a 2 year warranty on their product) almost 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a response. We're very disappointed.
on October 25, 2014
This is a cot, not a hammock.

But here's the deal, it's a really nice cot. It's a cot that I don't mind on my patio next to my Strathwood anti-gravity chair of the same color and style, and I really like laying down outside.

The only downside that I have with it is that I didn't pay attention to the dimensions before I bought it. It is decently low to the ground and no bigger than a standard cot. It also does not swing in any way to speak of. It is definitely portable for me, (I'm 6') but not for my girlfriend (She is 5'). So if we both wanted to get these and go camping, you can forget it. Get a backpacking hammock instead, they are actually more comfortable than this. This is for my patio. The 'portable' part of it is nice though, because like my chair in the winter when I want to bring them in and put them in the attic it is not a hassle at all. Try doing that with an adirondack chair (which is definitely less comfortable than this)
on June 7, 2014
I purchased this hammock less than a year ago. I only used it a few times last summer before packing it up for the winter. I got it out this spring and, again, only used it a few times. While laying on it with my 3 week old baby it collapsed under me. I am certainly not anywhere close to the max weight limit for this thing. I'm not very happy that my baby could have been injured on this. It had wonderful reviews when I purchased it and but now that I'm looking at this again I can see I am not the only one with this problem. One of the plastic connectors broke and now several other pop rivets are loose, so repair is not feasible. I have been unsuccessful in contacting anyone to see about replacement or repair. Do not buy this product!
on June 4, 2015
Don't think this is a hammock because it's not. You're not doing any swinging. It's very comfortable, although you will get a sinking arch in it so don't think it's a cot either...
I was very surprised by how high quality (materials) it was for the price. The product itself is very durable and can get beaten around.
The container you carry it in (just like a quick shade container) tore after 4 or 5 camping trips, but to be fair my idiot friends repacked it and tore it so this likely has a lot to do with them forcing it in rather than doing it right, the packing it up can be tricky.
The little net under where you lay is very convenient for throwing a few things you don't want to lay on the ground.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.