Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Blown Away forum

Streaming on Itunes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2012, 12:49:22 PM PDT
You can listen to the album on Itunes now for free. So far her vocals are as good as ever, but most of the tracks aren't grabbing me yet. Maybe will take a couple listens.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012, 3:40:09 PM PDT
Mr. M says:
Standouts for me include the first single, Good Girl, plus Leave Love Alone, Cupid's Got a Shotgun (which are quite varied in style), plus I really love One Way Ticket, Wine After Whiskey. I got a first listen through the fan club, many of these songs you do need to hear several times and almost every one grows on you - the stories are deeper, lyrics more complex, vocals impecable on every track.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012, 4:46:23 PM PDT
The vocals are better than they have ever been (minus some of the vocals on the title track, Blown Away. Sounds too autotuned Lady Gaga-esque for my liking), but the songs for the most part aren't grabbing me. Good Girl is the only one that really jumped out at me. I've listened to the album stream 3 complete times, and still, I'm just not being grabbed by the other songs. It will sell because it's a Carrie Underwood CD, but other than that, it's nothing special. Rather disappointed.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012, 6:10:21 PM PDT
This cd is epic! Breathtaking!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012, 2:57:33 AM PDT
Big picture says:
Carrie just said in a radio interview she doesn't allow any autotuning on her albums, autotuning means making the vocals be in tune, - I think you mean vocal effects like reverb, however , you may be surprised that the low voice in the chorus of Blown Away is Carrie's natural voice - she's just using a lower register - I thought Carrie's voice in Cowboy Casanova had an effect on it until I heard her sing it in concert - sounded just like the CD - Carrie is amazing live - don't miss this concert!

Posted on May 5, 2012, 7:51:29 AM PDT
mr freeze says:
Brian Kelley and LA , obviously you don't want your artists to grow at all. This album is deep , complex, and bringing country musics to a level that i personally have not seen. that's the sign of a true artist and that's waht Carrie and Mark Bright have cococted here. sorry it went over your twangy little brains.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Blown Away forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Blown Away
Blown Away by Carrie Underwood (Audio CD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars (777)